UK PC Gamer FO:NV Info

TheHarlequin

Also hardcore mode should include your character permanently dying. Ala Diablo 2. Maybe you could make it optional.

You could actually die in FO3? How, precisely?

Running off a cliff, I suppose.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

# There is an optional hardcore mode, the character needs to drink water, ammo has weight, healing isn't instant etc.

This should be renamed non-stupid retard n00b mode.

That would be sweet.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Finishing the game.

Man, you really are on a roll today.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

There needs to be an Ultimate Hardcore Mode for Men:

• Only one save slot: User inputed/periodic rolling saves. None of this experiment and reload nonsense. Your make your role-playing choices. You live with the consequences. Plus, the possibility of game-breaking bugs adds to the manly tension!
  • Permadeath = True Game Over. If you fall in combat, that's it. Your character is dead, and the rolling save is overridden. Sorry, you can't reload. Start a new character, better luck next time.
  • More experience points, special quests, better in-game rewards, weps, nekkid b00bies & sex in acknowledgment of your iron cojones.

manthing2.jpg

• Only one save slot: User inputed/periodic rolling saves. None of this experiment and reload nonsense. Your make your role-playing choices. You live with the consequences. Plus, the possibility of game-breaking bugs adds to the manly tension!
  • Permadeath = True Game Over. If you fall in combat, that's it. Your character is dead, and the rolling save is overridden. Sorry, you can't reload. Start a new character, better luck next time.
  • More experience points, special quests, better in-game rewards, weps, nekkid b00bies & sex in acknowledgment of your iron cojones.

And the ending has the character cowboy riding an ICBM across the wasteland, while big text reads: "Bethesda - Thank you for all the laughs!"

From CVG:

In an exclusive first look at Fallout New Vegas, CVG sister mag PSM3 reveals that developer Obsidian has taken dialogue and scripting up a notch in the sequel to Fallout 3.

Lead producer of Fallout New Vegas, Larry Liberty said: "We had to modify the dialogue engine from Fallout 3 to include the types of dialogue and options that we wanted.

"We want real, memorable characters. I think it helps you to remember parts of the world you'd otherwise forget."

As part of its world-exclusive cover feature, PSM3 played an extensive demo of New Vegas. The mag reported that it was 'apparent that Obsidian are much more comfortable behind the keyboard than the team that made Fallout 3 and, before that, Oblivion. The scripting is wittier, the characters more distinct.'

We brought you the official trailer for Fallout New Vegas on Thursday.

You can read PSM3's full first look in issue 124, which goes on sale on Thursday 4 February.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

"We want real, memorable characters. I think it helps you to remember parts of the world you'd otherwise forget."

I could hug you right now Sawyer, if it weren't for the restraining order. :p

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

As part of its world-exclusive cover feature, PSM3 played an extensive demo of New Vegas. The mag reported that it was 'apparent that Obsidian are much more comfortable behind the keyboard than the team that made Fallout 3 and, before that, Oblivion. The scripting is wittier, the characters more distinct.'

:p

Big surprise there!

From CVG:

In an exclusive first look at Fallout New Vegas, CVG sister mag PSM3 reveals that developer Obsidian has taken dialogue and scripting up a notch in the sequel to Fallout 3.

Lead producer of Fallout New Vegas, Larry Liberty said: "We had to modify the dialogue engine from Fallout 3 to include the types of dialogue and options that we wanted.

We brought you the official trailer for Fallout New Vegas on Thursday.

You can read PSM3's full first look in issue 124, which goes on sale on Thursday 4 February.

Still too late, scans are already on the nets. Sorry.

Finishing the game.

lol. OK, you win that one.

I'd play it.

It's pretty sad that what was pretty much standard gameplay stuff a few years ago is now considered "hardcore" mode. But that's what happens when the kind of people who would have only a few years ago played with barbies and footballs are noe playing computer games, especially crpgs.

That's a point. Please add an Ironman mode.

I'd settle for not being able to carry around hundreds of stimpacks, reedcuign game play to nothing more than a war of attrition: whomever has the most stimpacks wins.

As a rule I dislike health regen in games, but it would help FO3 a lot if it had regen instead of stimpacks, with regen rate dependent on your endurance and possibly meds.

"It's pretty sad that what was pretty much standard gameplay stuff a few years ago is now considered "hardcore" mode. But that's what happens when the kind of people who would have only a few years ago played with barbies and footballs are noe playing computer games, especially crpgs."

That was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time, until I reminded myself that it's those very people who make up the bulk of the gaming community these days.

Edited by Mikhailian

More information about Fallout: New Vegas from the PSM3 article:

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Omnomnom, this is delicious. New Vegas, that is.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Aram has not given his opinion on the new guns that have been revealed. This makes me cry.

I didn't really see anything new except there's something looking like an AR-15 in there. I don't know if people are complaining about that, but it seems like a perfectly good fit to me. In the late 50s, the AR-15 was seen as the weapon of the future even if it wasn't in service yet. Seems like a far, far better fit than anything in the original fallout arsenal, frankly.

In fact, I seem to remember an early 60s Frankenheimer film--Seven Days in May, incidentally about nuclear proliferation. It was made in the early sixties but set in the future, where they have talking video monitors, weird jeeps with tank treads, and AR-15 rifles.

so far it looks like all of my predictions and hopes for this game are being met. Based on sawyers past and his comments about fallout 3 in general, im not at all surprised by this good news.

viva la vegas!

maybe it will do so well that beth will let obsidian make a turn based, lower budget fallout "spin off" for pc

yeah right :lol:

oh well, i take my victories where i find them, and vegas is sounding pretty victorious

edit: particularly the new dialogue system and NCR v Legion instead of Bos v Enclave and the hardcore mode (which should just be "normal" difficulty, but i realize why its a better idea to make it a seperate mode

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

maybe it will do so well that beth will let obsidian make a turn based, lower budget fallout "spin off" for pc

Better yet:

- Enhanced remake of Fallout 1 & 2. Think Van Buren with modern graphical capabilities, turn based, etc.

- Fallout 4 :lol:

- Design collaboration for TES V

Hey a guy can dream, right?

Better yet:

- Enhanced remake of Fallout 1 & 2. Think Van Buren with modern graphical capabilities, turn based, etc.

- Design collaboration for TES V

Hey a guy can dream, right?

DO NOT WANT.

Maybe something on a mobile platform like the iphone, turn-based 3d iso with fully rotatable fixed camera angle and a touch screen interface? :lol: