UK PC Gamer FO:NV Info

TheHarlequin

I don't neccessarily WANT a Fallout remake or an XCOM remake or a Jag 2 remake. I was only remarking that if it were not highly dumbified a remake could be fine, ie NOT the devil.

I think simply claiming that remakes are the devil is a pretty sad reason for not wanting a remake. Actually it's not eally a reasomn at all.

I said that because most of the remakes are bad or mediocre at best and even when they're good you already know the story, it's a waste of time and resources.

I guess it comes down to most of you here happily replaying games 10 times, while I play them a couple of times at best and then I'm done with them. This goes for story-based games mostly, I can keep replay x-com every now and then because it has a random component, but with story-based games, once I have experienced them I'm done.

Edited by Purkake

Remakes are lame. Reimaginings can be a bit more fun, but remakes... not so much.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

On the other hand I fully support spiritual successors of long dead series.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Saying that turn-based is dead is silly, since turn-based jRPGs sell millions of copies. Just because it's not popular among American developers doesn't mean it's dead. The US is not the whole world.
Don't you know? "We're all living in America.." Edited by Oner

I guess it comes down to most of you here happily replaying games 10 times, while I play them a couple of times at best and then I'm done with them. This goes for story-based games mostly, I can keep replay x-com every now and then because it has a random component, but with story-based games, once I have experienced them I'm done.

I basically agree with you, but I generally don't play story-based games, so I can get quite a bit of replay out of the ones I like.

For the record, I wouldn't consider Fallout a story-based game. I mean, yes, it had a story, but the story sucked.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I can think of two good remakes: Prince of Persia Classic & Tomb Raider Anniversary. They were good because they tried to stick to the originals as close as possible.

I'll remember that remark... :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm right there with you. I might replay a game years down the road when I've forgotten the story a bit, but story based games are typically one and done with me.

JA2 and Xcom being the exceptions, but again the bulk of the game play is unique in every play through there.

i don't mind replaying a game I enjoyed, i have played Earth 2150 like a good 20 times per faction (except the ED they aren't as much fun)

I have played a select few JRPGs over and over again, Fallout and Fallout 2 have gotten at least a dozen completions each. I have a lot of games that i pop in ever once in a while to go through them. Perhaps since I haven't been able to afford to buy the latest and greatest games for a while I have been going through my old games more and more.

Then again i am a very nostalgic person so games from my younger days still amuse me.

Does that include The Longest Journey? :bat:

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Some more stuff from OXM:

The Brotherhood of Steel will make an appearance, but won't be one of the main factions, unlike the New California Republic and the Caesar's Legion

Special attacks in VATS are performed by pressing Y (For 360)

The Pip-Boy in the game is the Pip-Boy 3000 from Fallout 3

Your quest in the wasteland involves finding out who tried to murder you and what was in the package you were carrying

In Goodsprings, there is the option of joining with the Powder Gangers and ruining the town.

Customization - Scopes on pistols is one example. It also affects the guns performance, add a large magazine to a weapon, and you'll notice longer, but fewer reloading times.

The reputation will be important to the ending

Nightkin have been turned schizophrenic through prolonged use of Stealth Boys, they deactivate their camo before attacking you, with a club. You can only target them in VATS when they're visible.

You can covince Tabitha that the dumb mutants are planning a revolt against the smart ones, and that causes a battle between the two factions, leaving you to go and grab up Raul.

Poseidon Energy was developing a solar weapon called Archimedes II. The plant is currently controlled by NCR, and they've placed a guy named Fantastic in charge of the plant, he hasn't figured out how to activate the plant or the weapon yet. But, if you're good enough, then you can. You can divert power to the wastes, or use the weapon for your own ends.

SPECIAL descriptions are back: If you have 1 Endurance, your Endurance description is 'Basically Dead' and with 10 Charisma you are 'Cult Leader'.

And a list of the SPECIAL descriptions for Strength:

Oh yeah, i have a list of SPECIAL Descriptions for Strength

10 - Hercules Bigger Cousin

9 - Doomsday Pecs

8 - Circus Strongman

7 - Beach Bully

6 - Barrel Chested

5 - Average Joe

4 - Lightweight

3 - Doughy Baby

2 - Beached Jellyfish

1 - Wet Noodle

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0