A question, i pose thee

Meshugger

Cows are not cute. It doesn't matter how "nice" an animal is. Koalas can be real bastards but everyone still thinks they're cute.

I disagree

362524768_b3faf1bb10.jpg

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Why do we eat some kinds of animals, but not others?

Why do we treat different animals differently?

Has already been answered to great degree, but I wanted to share my 2cents..

It's all to do with practicality; pigs, cows, chicken, goats and sheep are, for one, all herbivores (which tends to taste a lot better than carnivores or omnivores like dogs and cats), they grow to a rather large size relatively quickly and are more docile by nature, which has been increased by breeding. They are therefore more cost-efficient and easier to keep, as they don't require meat that the farmer needs for himself and his family.

On top of that, almost all of the animals we keep produce various raw materials that we need in other goods; like leather, feathers, milk and wool. While the dogs or even cats skin might also be used for leather, I must assume that it is of lower quality (perhaps due to softer skin) and therefore not as viable as the cow's or other game's skin.

As we treat our fellow man differently, based on what he is and what he does for us, so do we treat animals different. Why not give the cow, which puts clothes on your back and food on your table more attention and love, than the fox which steals it? :lol:

"There's is no such thing as different races, just different kinds of people".

If there there is no such as different human races, why do we have, and actively breed different breeds of cats and dogs? We even are racist enough to generalize their characteristics based on breed. Some breeds are calm and needy, some are wild but friendly, some are obiedient but very aggressive, and so on.

halp pleez?

I for one think it's a bit sad that we can't talk about races in a down-to-Earth way, without it seeming controversial. As you can see here, race does play it's part in our genes.

I also think it would demystify the entire ordeal if we simply treated it as an everyday thing, right now I feel race is becoming more of an issue because people are doing everything they can to make it less of an issue..

Fortune favors the bald.

How did we start talking about eating things? I'm starving after my dieting and I for one can't stand it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I maybe i mispoke, my question was: If we claim that there's only one human race, why do we actively encourage different breeds of animals?

Thus, shouldn't selective breeding for animals considered morally wrong, since it really is eugenics?

All other species of the genus homo are extinct.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I'm surprised no one did a:

blck ppl be like this white ppl be like that

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Nah, our airplane pilots make precision milk strikes on open bottles. That's how they train.

I'm definitely not messing with the Hungarian army. Over here calling in an airstrike on your own position is something you when being overrun by screaming bastards, not something you do over your coffee and cornflakes in the morning.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nah, our airplane pilots make precision milk strikes on open bottles. That's how they train.

I'm definitely not messing with the Hungarian army. Over here calling in an airstrike on your own position is something you when being overrun by screaming bastards, not something you do over your coffee and cornflakes in the morning.

Don't worry, the planes are craptastic.