Steam Holiday Sale

Morgoth

Holy Crap!

Eidos Collector Pack:

Includes: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money, Battlestations: Midway, Just Cause, Hitman: Codename 47, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Tomb Raider: Legend, Project: Snowblind, Rogue Trooper, Infernal, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

manthing2.jpg

How is King's Bounty: Armored Princess?

It looks interesting (TB, RPG elements), and I heard a lot good things about it. For 9,99€ it sounds like a steal.

Have barely played it but I'd give it a highly recommended so far. They also have a game a "A farewell to Dragons" which appears to be an oldschool RPG like Baldur's Gate. It could maybe give Dragon Age a run for its money because it's doing will with reviewers. Will buy it soon.

Edit: Also, as per my other thread, I highly recommend The Void to everyone!

Edited by Krezack

This Steam sale will be the end of me.

So far I've purchased,

Sands of Time - Still looks great with the widescreen patch and at high resolution.

Warrior Within

Two Thrones

Prince of Persia 2008

Ghostbusters

Torchlight - GREAT FUN

Trine - Also really fun

DX Invisible War

The Void - Thanks to certain forum members recommending it

A Farewell to Dragons - Played for about an hour and half. Feels really like BG1 with a little bit of Diablo(random, color classified items) and although the translation is a little strange at times, I'm dig the steampunk-fantasy setting and am curious where the story will lead for Victor, the main character.

I'm pretty sure by the end of it, I will have bought Gratuitous Space Battles and other stuff.

I would suggest that everybody buy Starscape and Defence Grid. Now.

Right now.

Defence Grid is possibly one of the best tower defence games you'll ever play, with some nice graphics, voice acting and story (yes, story) to boot.

Starscape is a fun 2d shoot 'em up (not that I've played many) with a nice resource management twist and quite a decent plot. Unfortunately no voice acting, but the soundtrack is pretty good. It's 20 mb, which is amazing but I guess most of the game is 2d except for the special effects.

If you're someone like me who goes by Metacritic ratings when buying from Steam, always make sure you click 'Read Critic Reviews' below the rating so it takes you to the Metacritic page where it lists the USER REVIEWS as well as the professional ones. Sometimes you see a gross difference in the scores, as is the case for both these games.

I would suggest that everybody buy Starscape and Defence Grid. Now.

Right now.

Defence Grid is possibly one of the best tower defence games you'll ever play, with some nice graphics, voice acting and story (yes, story) to boot.

Starscape is a fun 2d shoot 'em up (not that I've played many) with a nice resource management twist and quite a decent plot. Unfortunately no voice acting, but the soundtrack is pretty good. It's 20 mb, which is amazing but I guess most of the game is 2d except for the special effects.

If you're someone like me who goes by Metacritic ratings when buying from Steam, always make sure you click 'Read Critic Reviews' below the rating so it takes you to the Metacritic page where it lists the USER REVIEWS as well as the professional ones. Sometimes you see a gross difference in the scores, as is the case for both these games.

I picked up Defence Grid when it was on for $2 or so.

I'd second the motion for Starscape. Haven't bought it during the sale, but I've got a hard copy floating around here that I bought just after the revision of the box art. I did pick up Mr. Robot though. The Moonpod guys make some fun stuff.

*plugs Shattered Horizon again* We went from 20 people online yesterday to over 600 today. It's so awesome seeing all those servers with people in them!

I was thinking about getting it, but Id feel like a complete idiot to buy ME twice.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Mass Effect is only 3,75€ today. Worth to try with that price even if you're not fan of FPS mechanics in CRPGs.

Look, I don't care what it is, I just don't want to have to deal with that DRM bull****. But I've already got it with Batman: AA I guess. Sigh.

The Steam version of ME only uses Steam for DRM. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Seriously?

Yep, it just uses Steam - no SecuROM included. :)

Is it any good ?

Yeah, it is. ME is not the best game out there but it's far from the worst. :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I've never played mass effect, but 4 euro's, that's practically nothing. Is it any good ?

I think it's potentially what the original Baldur's Gate was - a prequel and a prototype to a brilliant game. A good game in its own right, but hardly flawless. Based on what I've seen of ME2, it will be relegated to the same role BG1 had, having played it makes you appreciate the sequel more and fondly remembered, never booted.

It cost me a lot more than 4 euros, and I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it over the last 6+ months.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've never played mass effect, but 4 euro's, that's practically nothing. Is it any good ?

I think it's potentially what the original Baldur's Gate was - a prequel and a prototype to a brilliant game. A good game in its own right, but hardly flawless. Based on what I've seen of ME2, it will be relegated to the same role BG1 had, having played it makes you appreciate the sequel more and fondly remembered, never booted.

It cost me a lot more than 4 euros, and I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it over the last 6+ months.

It's funny because BG1 was better than BG2.

It's also funny because it costs me $4 USD which is $4.5 AUD, whereas 4 Euros is $6.5 AUD. I'm glad there's no regional currency version of Steam for Australia.

This sale has been amazing. Half-price discounts from Steam sales, and half-price 'discount' again due to the AUD being near parity. So much <3