What are You playing now?

Gorth

I can't play anything because my graphics card keeps overheating for unknown reasons.

;(

Have you tried switching drivers? I had a similar issue awhile back that was fixed when I did that. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I've always had the same drivers, but at some point the graphics card started showing artifacts and shorting out during any game more graphically intensive than Counter Strike. I've found out its because the temp rises from 45 to 110 in under 15 minutes, and the card restarts... Hopefully its still covered by a warranty, its less than a year old.

Sigh. Ill try to switch the drivers though, thanks for the input.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I just joined the open beta of Star Trek Online and am downloading the client now :-

I know NOTHING about Star Trek, except that the "trekkies" are hilariously geeky.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've found out its because the temp rises from 45 to 110 in under 15 minutes, and the card restarts...

The fan that cools the card is fubar. I guess it could be possible that there is something wrong with the drivers and they arent allowing the fan go full speed, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I suggest you open the case and check if the cards fan/rest of cooler is full of crap -> vacuum cleaner to the rescue. If not, turn the pc on while the case is open and see does the fan work at all. If it doesn't, get a new card or get a new cooler for the card.

I've found out its because the temp rises from 45 to 110 in under 15 minutes, and the card restarts...

The fan that cools the card is fubar. I guess it could be possible that there is something wrong with the drivers and they arent allowing the fan go full speed, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I suggest you open the case and check if the cards fan/rest of cooler is full of crap -> vacuum cleaner to the rescue. If not, turn the pc on while the case is open and see does the fan work at all. If it doesn't, get a new card or get a new cooler for the card.

Did that, it looks fine. It runs fine as well though I've no idea if its actually at the speed necessary to cool the card. Probably not. I keep the case open for a small temperature drop,but all in all I'm gonna need a new card or a new fan it seems :*

Thanks.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Feeling like a stretch for an old classic over the weekend, trying to find out where I stashed my copy of Alpha Centauri to install...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Is anyone playing STALKER: Call of Pripyat? I cant find a decent review of it.

Wait, I'm getting some good buzz from a forum - the gamers are pleased

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=131034&p=1

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Playing the BG saga in between STALKER (or the other around actually - I hate those damn dogs).

Soo.. BG 2 has the "canon" party at the start, but do they still count as canon if I import my character from BG 1? Are returning characters treated (at least when you meet them anew or something) if you had them with you in BG 1?

Also, I downloaded some mods for good measure: Tutu (loads BG 1 with the BG 2 engine), Oversight, BG 2 Fixpack, Turnabout, BG 1 Unfinished business (does anyone know if this works together with Tutu?), Redemption and Ascension. Any other ones I should look up? Interested mainly in bug and conversation fixes (there's supposed to be a bug which keeps a load of Imoen conversations from triggering, apparently fixed by Ascension) and content restoration.

Been playing more Dirt 2 lately.. which is weird as that's a game I got for free with my video card. I should be playing Borderlands (which I do, too, just not as much) since that's a game I chose to pay for.

Once you get used to the floaty cars, it's actually a lot of fun. Underneath the ridiculous interface dwells a pretty competent rally 'sim'. I just wish there was an option to remove all the screaming Yanks from the game.

Oh, and it looks pretty amazing in 1920x1080 with everything on max. Best looking racing game I've ever played.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Playing the BG saga in between STALKER (or the other around actually - I hate those damn dogs).

Soo.. BG 2 has the "canon" party at the start, but do they still count as canon if I import my character from BG 1? Are returning characters treated (at least when you meet them anew or something) if you had them with you in BG 1?

Also, I downloaded some mods for good measure: Tutu (loads BG 1 with the BG 2 engine), Oversight, BG 2 Fixpack, Turnabout, BG 1 Unfinished business (does anyone know if this works together with Tutu?), Redemption and Ascension. Any other ones I should look up? Interested mainly in bug and conversation fixes (there's supposed to be a bug which keeps a load of Imoen conversations from triggering, apparently fixed by Ascension) and content restoration.

Just installed BG2 again, its been awhile since I played I went with these mods

The Ascension Mod v1.41

Turnabout

Redemption

Oversight Mod

Unfinished Business

Banter Packs

NPC Flirt Packs

The BG2 Fixpack

The BG2 Tweak Pack

Item Randomiser

Romantic Encounters

The Ascension Mod v1.41

Turnabout

Redemption

Oversight Mod

Unfinished Business

Banter Packs

NPC Flirt Packs

The BG2 Fixpack

The BG2 Tweak Pack

Item Randomiser

Romantic Encounters

Thanks, looking into them.

Also, I hate mods. They're like succubi: Something that looks good, but comes pre-packed with things you don't want.

Edited by Oner

Mods are awesome and a big reason to still play PC games, also you can tweak/disable every one of the things that come with it.
I wouldn't be able to disable character derailment in some badly written compilation mod if I wanted to, no? Or a specific armor texture. Or whatever. Edited by Oner

Mods are awesome and a big reason to still play PC games, also you can tweak/disable every one of the things that come with it.
I wouldn't be able to disable character derailment in some badly written compilation mod if I wanted to, no? Or a specific armor texture. Or whatever.

To be fair many mods do ask what you want to be installed. Choice is a good thing!

I'm unfamiliar with the concept of "character derailment", but you can at least recolor your clothes in BG2.

The trick is to choose the mods that you like, just like everything else. If a mod causes "character derailment" don't use that one, there a like tons of them.

To be fair many mods do ask what you want to be installed. Choice is a good thing!
Yeah, some of them mentioned that in their readme, respect to them.

I'm unfamiliar with the concept of "character derailment", but you can at least recolor your clothes in BG2.

The trick is to choose the mods that you like, just like everything else. If a mod causes "character derailment" don't use that one, there a like tons of them.

I just want to avoid having to replay 2,5 games because a mod changes something to crap. "Changed epilogues" Yeah, how would I know if I liked the change beforehand?