What you did today

Gorth

huh...

just got to work to find an email from the site manager saying they'd been discussing me during their most recent managers meeting and decided to personally nominate me for the next site MVP award

so they do know i exist :)

One question: is MVP good or bad?

MVP - most valuable person

so i dare say it's a good thing :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

hmmm... methinks walsh may have been a bit sarcastic, no? that is, the curse of being valuable is not necessarily a good thing?

Nope. I just didn't know what it meant.

Besides which I'm going to pretend he meant most valuable as in camels.

As in camels per pound of your pasty goth flesh. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Desiging a website at my internship. Apparently they hired me, an animator, to photoshop some website designs together and do some video editing. :)

I don't particularely mind because I was thinking of doing a follow-up study on webdesign. I want to master the internet!

hmmm... methinks walsh may have been a bit sarcastic, no? that is, the curse of being valuable is not necessarily a good thing?

Nope. I just didn't know what it meant.

Besides which I'm going to pretend he meant most valuable as in camels.

As in camels per pound of your pasty goth flesh. =]

i'm not pasty, i'm just uh.... less than tanned o:)

Someone had a gun at my school so we went into lockdown today.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Downloaded UDK a couple of hours ago. I've been playing around with it since then.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

i got everything ready for my first day on the slopes, which is less than 12 hours from now. picked up my skis from getting bindings installed, put on a fresh coat of wax, got new poles, installed the ski racks and... hmmm, oh, got all my stuff ready so i can hop out of bed and leave in the morning. of course, the ski racks plus skis on top of an xterra = too tall to get out of the garage, so i'll have to put them in the racks after i back out. copper mountain here i come!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Considering whether I should stock up on beer in the fridge. Next week looks like it is going to be 37 degrees for most of the days and it isn't even summer yet :thumbsup:

Need to get my motorcycle to its first service (gone its first 1000km now). Better get in there and book some time tomorrow.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Someone had a gun at my school so we went into lockdown today.

Heh my high school used to go on lockdown every other week. Shortly after a day in which a few young gang members masqueraded as students and assaulted one guy during lunch to the point where paramedics had to be called, armed security officers frequently patrolled the grounds.

Edited by Syraxis

Took myself to the pub to go through my notebook and harvest any genuine insights. A chance commment got me talking to a bloke at the bar who subsequently turned out to be a former para turned military contractor. Drank rather a lot. Had a fascinating evening. Learned a lot of stuff. Still drunk. Too drunk to sleep.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Took myself to the pub to go through my notebook and harvest any genuine insights. A chance commment got me talking to a bloke at the bar who subsequently turned out to be a former para turned military contractor. Drank rather a lot. Had a fascinating evening. Learned a lot of stuff. Still drunk. Too drunk to sleep.

Oh great, wals drunk typing again. Can't even understand what your talking about you damn hooligan learn to read.

:thumbsup:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I could take a couple of Vicodin and post high. I tend not to do this, but it's there. Didn't take the stuff for my pain, now I take it for minor aches. See, real life is like video games. You save those potions until the end game because you're saving them for the 'big' fights and then you end up never using them at all. If I start posting goofy later, you'll know I tested the theory.

Okay, sorry for the double post, but this is irritating as hell. I did take those two vicodin. To put it in perspective, I didn't really need it after the operation, so I have a lot of the pills left. My leg has hurt since the operation, but not much. More of an annoyance, so I thought to myself, "weellll, I don't really need it, but I my leg has that twinge and maybe it will help me sleep." ****ing pills, man. No. I took them over an hour and a half ago and now I'm more wide awake than I was. What the hell? I thought Vicodin made you sleepy. ****. Now I'm wide awake and I have to get up early tomorrow morning. ****ing story of my life. I should have researched them instead of making an assumption. So, here I am considering taking Advil PM or Nyquil in the hopes that I can get some sleep tonight. There's this voice in the back of my head saying I might be stupid to take a sleep aid on top of narcotics, though. Next time the doctor offers me any, I'm going to decline. Bull****. ...And I never do crap like this. I used to abuse the hell out of alcohol when I was younger, but I don't even drink hardly anymore. I'm going to end my rant, but only because there's no point in ranting anymore, not because I any less irritated.

I could take a couple of Vicodin and post high.

I did take those two vicodin.

Not a man of empty threats, huh? ;)

Fortunately, I am usually a "fast healer" when running into physical injuries. Now, if I could just do something about that common cold I always end up getting twice a year.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh great, wals drunk typing again. Can't even understand what your talking about you damn hooligan learn to read.

:)

I know. THREE Ms? It's liquid insanity!

-Elwood Blues

Took the day off today. I ended up playing cards at the VFW Post in Millington all day. Not what I had planned but it was fun. There was Jack Daniels on ice and Ashton Churchill cigars all around. I lrft with a little less money than I came with but it was worth it. Sometimes it's fun to just relax and swap a few war stories.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Went to the doctor to sort out my disgusting foot wart problem. He used liquid nitrogen to deep freeze them, and gave me a script for some potent salve. Believe it or not it's going to take 3 MONTHS to clear up completely. Hopefully some time next year I won't feel quite so much like a leper.

Aren't you glad I shared.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I've just spent the better part of the last two days on "thatguywiththeglasses.com" watching reviews of 90's movies by NostalgiaCritic. Well, older than 90's, like the Captain America movie which had a great bit about the randomness of the nazi agents decision to start shooting (includes a handshake syke).

/hate the guy who showed me this.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Went to the doctor to sort out my disgusting foot wart problem. He used liquid nitrogen to deep freeze them, and gave me a script for some potent salve. Believe it or not it's going to take 3 MONTHS to clear up completely. Hopefully some time next year I won't feel quite so much like a leper.

Aren't you glad I shared.

Took six years for me to shake the foot wart I picked up in Africa. I didn't use nitrogen, but i did eventually succeed by cutting it with a scalpel, then dousing it in 20% H2O2, THEN applying that superglue medicine stuff, and doing that every damn day for a month.

-Elwood Blues

I've just spent the better part of the last two days on "thatguywiththeglasses.com" watching reviews of 90's movies by NostalgiaCritic. Well, older than 90's, like the Captain America movie which had a great bit about the randomness of the nazi agents decision to start shooting (includes a handshake syke).

/hate the guy who showed me this.

:(o:):lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

i'm so exhausted, but last night turned out pretty awesome

i love my friends

had a crappy day at work before i met up with them, so they got me boozed and i ended up with 3 girls sitting on my lap making out :(

I thought Vicodin made you sleepy.

not that i've ever heard. narcotics me jittery. they cause constipation, too

There's this voice in the back of my head saying I might be stupid to take a sleep aid on top of narcotics, though.

i'd listen to the voice. better safe than sorry.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Got rid of my iPhone, finally. Continued playing around with the UDK, but its beyond my comprehension of the universe... Oh well... Also got in some Dragon Age...

Played Borderlands, hit lvl 30, think I'm close to end of game.

Baked some white chocolate chip pan cookies (too lazy to do drops on a cookie sheet...) and am now about to make some burgers for dinner.

After that...probably more Borderlands.

Hubby's been sequestered away in his warm office studying and geeking...let's see if some food & cookies will draw him out a while. :down:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts