Best game themes

Purkake

Baldur's Gate - ??? (this isn't Gorion's music, I don't think)

That is also the main theme of the E3 BG2 trailer.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Baldur's Gate - ??? (this isn't Gorion's music, I don't think)

It's the Gorion battle music, that plays when the 'Armored figure' (I think that's the euphemism used) attacks you.

In a semi-related note, I haven't had bg1 installed in a while, but I seem to remember there was a fairly epic battle tune playing at and about the final confrontation in the temple. For some reason I can't seem to find that on teh y0utub35 or anywhere else for that matter? Did I just imagine it, am I going nuts, or did the Shadow Wights* get it?

*obscure Dragonlance reference

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Really?! When

Gorion gets off'd

, you mean? Yikes, I need a replay. I thought it might've played during Sarevok's Temple beat down.

Yes. And no, you're probably thinking about the second song I mentioned or something.

It actually took me quite a while to realise that Gorion and Minsc had the same voice actor. Mad skillz, indeed.

Or maybe it's just the epic audio compression. :)

Edit: I'm not as sure as I was, to be honest. That sounds way too epic for a one-sided struggle. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You make it sound like Barber's Adagio was made for Homeworld. Also, I don't really like how they upped the tempo in Homeworld's version. It gimps the sorrow it's supposed to transmit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS3NK0LKzbo

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You make it sound like Barber's Adagio was made for Homeworld. Also, I don't really like how they upped the tempo in Homeworld's version. It gimps the sorrow it's supposed to transmit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS3NK0LKzbo

Of course I'm aware the soundtrack is a lot older than Homeworld, which is why I only posted it now. I wondered if it actually counted.

EDIT: I prefer the faster tempo. In terms of game themes with only a choir, I guess this one "counts" more. Chandelier - To All Things. Not as chilling as Adagio for Strings, unfortunately.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

(Dead Space Trailer)

(without the trailer/interruptions)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This thread is about games' music... :ermm:

Role play games for me, and with a distinctive lust in combat, such as Jedi Knight series, WITH BLASTERS and a plot, I damn hate CoD and Halo, I like Mortal Kombat though.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

'Theme' is an ambiguous word DN :)

You are right though, reading the beginning of the thread sort of hints heavily at it being about game music and not game genre :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

(Dead Space Trailer)

That's a pretty cool trailer.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Gabriel Knight

Oh I loved when QfG4 did this

Those were some special nights.

I'm somewhat confused by Aubrey Hodges but I absolutely adore QfG4's soundtrack.

Conquests of Longbow theme

Glastonbury Tor from Conquests of Camelot

I just love that Conquests series musical feeling. I guess that's all Mark Seibert. Anyway, something from non-Sierra too.

I generally prefer the colder disturbing touch of Serpent Isle, but I just couldn't find it. Oh well...

I loved how Ultima Underworld II was a midquel between U7 and Serpent Isle. All those interesting worlds... that LSD-inspired world for example, and such a tragic undertone to it. Back when Guardian seemed to be cool. Unfortunately that arc was ended in a most dissapointing way possible. Oh well.

Enough with the dancing clown.