So Fallout 3

ramza

The story and the [intelligence] dialogs mostly. Well, some things in the game just didn't make sense, especially the notion that it's been 200 years since the war, because it definitely didn't look like it. All of the old factions didn't seem right - BOS, Enclave. The fact that, while the world felt pretty dangerous, there was still plenty of PA just laying around and people didn't seem to stick together much, none of the settlements seemed really believable(especially megaton - there is a church, but no trading hub/market???)

I can keep going, but the idea is that once I managed to get all of these annoyances behind me(wasn't easy with the big ones), the game became pretty decent FWIW. Or maybe, quoting Ben Croshaw: "It is the game that finally made me lower my standards and I hope it's ****ing happy"

Almost like a different company had made the game? :brows:

:p

Edited by Purkake

Yeah Mothership Zeta was fun, the logs were amusing and the weapons helped me survive Point Lookout a few levels before I probably should have gone there, what with the rednecks having more hitpoints than a supermutant... :thumbsup:

The plot was just complete and utter bull**** though, being led around a UFO by a little girl with a cowboy, samurai and marine in tow, It was just a mindless grind by the end.

Ok, I have been playing a bit more. I am currently hunting some raiders in some school. There's some fun to be had in that game. However, you have to enjoy it for what it is: a pseudo-rpg shooter. You play this game mainly for the setting and the shooting, not the rules system as they are implemented like s***. The main plot is rather weak and I would qualify this game as something above average.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Ok, I have been playing a bit more. I am currently hunting some raiders in some school. There's some fun to be had in that game. However, you have to enjoy it for what it is: a pseudo-rpg shooter. You play this game mainly for the setting and the shooting, not the rules system as they are implemented like s***. The main plot is rather weak and I would qualify this game as something above average.

I agree with you on everything else, apart from the shooting. Well, VATS is sorta fun, but regular shooting is just mediocre. I like the setting, and I guess the overworld/level design, to a degree where I can hang that 'above average' on it as well.

This is based just on the main game, I only got the first DLC (well, Broken Steel, so first for me) yesterday and haven't played it yet.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

... Pioneers of the FPS genre?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Meh, Marathon beat it.

Which is a Mac title.

I didn't know copying mac solutions counted as pioneering outside Redmond.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The shooter aspect of Fallout 3 was very disappointing given Bethsoft's status as one of the pioneers of the FPS genre.

The past is in the past. Lots of talent left after Morrowind.

Bethesda is now basically the LucasArts of the RPG genre.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The shooter aspect of Fallout 3 was very disappointing given Bethsoft's status as one of the pioneers of the FPS genre.

The past is in the past. Lots of talent left after Morrowind.

Bethesda is now basically the LucasArts of the RPG genre.

I don't even know what that means. And what the heck is Future Shock? Personally I always wished Bethesda pursued the gameplay from Redguard a bit more, that was a fun title.

I'd rate Fallout 3 ahead of Morrowind. Both created an interesting world and had solid atmosphere, but the voice work and quests were more engaging in F3. But that is splitting hairs, they were both very good games.