So Fallout 3

ramza

Man, Fallout 3 is somewhat hard, especially those super mutants. Best weapon I have found so far is the hunting rifle and I am decapitating almost all my opponents with it.

eh, how'd you do that? i had a minigun and a AK-47 ar whatever it's called few minutes after i left megaton. I wouldn't call it hard as much as repetitive.

I found at least 2-3 hunting rifles while clearing out the school and the super market.

I don't know if it's my pc but there have been some weird things happening. When I do some critical hit and sent my opponent literally flying around, there's sometimes some weird scrap of metal flying around in the distance just like an UFO. I avoid getting close to it as it may hurt my character but it flies in circles and makes a weird noise (just like a sword, ya know, "swoosh"). Really weird. I have seen this 3 times already...

In Fallout 3 dead protrectrons and their parts tend to come flying out of the sky when a new cell is loaded. It's a bit disturbing at first.

Some of the physics are pretty wonky. I remember once I blew up the super mutant master standing on the ledge in Georgetown and he went flying through the air all the way to the other side of the map.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I've seen some flying Deathclaws and body parts suddenly come falling from the sky.

Most epic moment was an entire bus dropping right in front of me outside the National Archives. I think it came flying from the Capitol Building... there's usually a fight going on down there.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Ok, I played more. The game is enjoyable in its own way. The interface remains clunky and I would give the game a rating of 3.5/5.

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The case is never closed.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

He'll be back.

We all come back.

Yeah, when he sees the ending.

He'll be back, they always do.

The ending is Effing AWESOME, epic and immersive

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAaaaaaa.

..*urk* x_x

I already know the ending as I followed the let's play thread on the codex. It is indeed lame but as I have said, one has to enjoy this game for what it has to offer: exploration, VATS, shooting and the setting.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The ending is why you install Broken Steel.

Then again, I was okay with the ending the first time. I was level 20, and had explored the entire map + finished all quests, there was no more reason to continue running around shooting things.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That's what they want you to think.

But clearly the main reason to continue playing is to install Seducing Women : The Wasteland Reproduction Guide!

V1.5 - Major new quest added! (The .rar has doubled in size!)

Previously, when you impressed Moira in bed, she mentioned the idea of a 'Wasteland Reproduction Guide'... Now you get to write it! With this update, impressing Moira will now open up a new quest featuring:

- Over 250 lines of dialogue!

- Many new and unique items, notes and sounds, all of a rude and salacious nature!

- Multiple quest paths and solutions, based on gender and past actions!

- Many new sexual encounters, including, by popular demand, encounters with male NPCs for female PCs!

- An extra special secret sex scene! Can you work out how to find it?

- Sex secrets of the Brotherhood of Steel - Exposed!

V1.4 - Rivet City Special! Added Trinnie, Doctor Li, Vera Weatherly and Commander Danvers. The interaction with Danvers is a little different than the usual - Try it and see!

V1.3 - Quest added! Getting tired of meaningless relationships? Thinking about settling down? There's a certain lady in Underworld who might feel the same way - If you're 'friendly' enough times, you might be able to bring the subject up... See the comments for more details!

V1.22 - Added Branchtender Maple from the Oasis (Requires successful completion of Oasis quest). Seduction dialogues should now be available to female characters with Black Widow perk. Also, bonus pinups in image section!

(Hello to the folks visiting from the Penny Arcade forums Fallout 3 thread, by the way.)

V1.2 - Added Kimba and Red from Big Town. Revisions to conversation structure. Made change to Yearling a seperate .esp. Small change to Tulip disrobing sequence.

V1.12 - Minor changes to current character behaviour - See comments for more details.

V1.11 - Updated to include Lucy West and Karen Schenzy.

V1.1 - Updated to include... Tulip. Oh yes.

GobNova.jpg

It seems that Gob & Nova have decided to adopt a totally new approach to bar management!

manthing2.jpg

*pukes* >_<

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Man, Fallout 3 is somewhat hard, especially those super mutants. Best weapon I have found so far is the hunting rifle and I am decapitating almost all my opponents with it.

eh, how'd you do that? i had a minigun and a AK-47 ar whatever it's called few minutes after i left megaton. I wouldn't call it hard as much as repetitive.

I found at least 2-3 hunting rifles while clearing out the school and the super market.

I don't know if it's my pc but there have been some weird things happening. When I do some critical hit and sent my opponent literally flying around, there's sometimes some weird scrap of metal flying around in the distance just like an UFO. I avoid getting close to it as it may hurt my character but it flies in circles and makes a weird noise (just like a sword, ya know, "swoosh"). Really weird. I have seen this 3 times already...

Well there is a random encounter where you hear an overhead explosion and a UFO crashes, I thought I was being attacked by meteors and didn't pay attention to where I was, but there is an alien blaster and precious alien power cells for booty if you search the area. If you remember where it was go back and advance time to night, the power cells will glow in the dark, the blaster is a lot harder to find.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I got that on my first playthrough (literally minutes after leaving Megaton, still level 3) and just stood there wondering who the hell was firing a rocket at me.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oh, and I encountered a Death Claw on my first playthrough at level 2.

I will raise my rating to 3.75/5. The game is really atmospheric. It has its flaws but is enjoyable nonetheless.

I am level 7 and I have over 2000 caps. I sell anything I find and then kill the shopkeeper, loot him and sell the same stuff to the next shopkeeper I meet, hehehe...

Once I finish Megaton's subquests, I will kill everyone and then blow up the town and then kill everyone in Tenpenny tower, hehehe...

I think Fallout 3 is one of those games that feels a lot better when you are playing it than when you are thinking about it. Other games like this that I can think of from the top of my head are Jade Empire and Icewind Dale, at least.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If you help some wastelander against the a weak deathclaw, it's health is already very low and it moves very slowly, you can get the deathclaw gauntlet schematic at lv1. Thats another random encounter.

Deathclaws become the wasteland cliffracers at around lv 18, interspaced with giant radscopions. If you can't wait that long they congretage around Old Olney, bring your alien blasters.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.