Israel: Great Country, or Greatest Country?

lord of flies

You really really haven't. :ermm: Try again.
I have, in fact, done so, but while you can pretend I haven't all you want, you can't really deny that I think I am.

*choke laughing*

Yeah, sure. You responded to my detailed challenges for more explanation in ALL the other threads you've banjoed. I'm not wasting my time finding the examples for no reason. But if ONE other person will seriously say I'm being unfair I will go dig up the evidence.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

To be honest I don't particularly like Israel. The majority of the problems in the middle east has Israel smack dab in the middle of it. I am not against a Jewish state mind you, but placing it in the middle of very contested land which the Hebrew people have no claim to in the recent century or two was just wrong. Great Britain and the US basically stole the land of the people living there at the time and punished them for the wrongs that Germany, Austria, and Italy did to them during World War 2. Israel should have been carved out of those three countries and not in the Middle East.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

To be honest I don't particularly like Israel. The majority of the problems in the middle east has Israel smack dab in the middle of it. I am not against a Jewish state mind you, but placing it in the middle of very contested land which the Hebrew people have no claim to in the recent century or two was just wrong. Great Britain and the US basically stole the land of the people living there at the time and punished them for the wrongs that Germany, Austria, and Italy did to them during World War 2. Israel should have been carved out of those three countries and not in the Middle East.

Good idea. Because that would be bound to reassure them, putting them right next door to the people who'd been abusing them.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good idea. Because that would be bound to reassure them, putting them right next door to the people who'd been abusing them.

It would have been better than practically having a constant state of war that they have now.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Bull****. You can't compare the European Jews with those of Israel. Germany, Austria, Russia etc. was home to these Jews. Carving out country and make them seperate would only have created more problems.

Lotsa hurrr-durrr about Israel. Here my contribution about modern israel, i would like to call it "huhurrurrr!":

1. The british want out of the middle east, but the whole area is drawn by a pen--->FAIL

2. Lots of jews move into west-jordan, north-egypt or whatever it was called, the british called it the palestinian protectorate or something, but it wasn't a nationstate or anything, just an area. The jews buy some land and settle there--->OK (No one cared about the Belfour declaration, sounds silly and unapplyable)

3. Too many jews move in, tensions arise on both sides, guns starts to shoot. For both the jews and west-jordanians, south-syrians, north-egyptians/palestinians or whatever they called themselves at the time--->FAIL

4. WWII, not so happy times for jews in Europe. The grand palestinian Mufti (lets call it palestinian from here) travels to germany and has a nice chat with Hitler. He agrees that with Hitler about his views on jews--->FAIL

5. Post WWII, Britain leaves the middle east, full civil war break out in the area.

6. Jews want a nationstate, and asks the Jordan King (IIRC) what the terms of negotiations for cease-fire would be--->Semi-ish OK

7. The jordanese negotiatior tells them to stuff it, no Israel or anything. They would only get a jew-ghetto in Jerusalem, but they wouldn't be allowed to publicly preach judaism and would be trated as dhimmis--->FAIL

8. As of 1948, no state supports the creation of Israel. The jews have some french weaponry bought privately, but nothing bigger. The UN tries to meditate with a somewhat equal amount of land, but the arabs countries want none of it. No jewish state should be allowed to exist in the middle east, they said.

9. Truman changes his mind and supports the creation of Israel, many western nations soon follow and Israel declares independency. But Truman forgets to mention where the Israeli border should be, confusion ensues--->FAIL

10. Arabs wants to throw the jews in the sea and subsequently attacks them--->FAIL

11. A couple of wars later, rise of PLO, Hamas and Hezbollah and an endless cycle of atrocities committed by both sides, the situation i still FUBAR. The palestinian refugees are still used by the arab neighbours as bricks in their game of realpolitik, while the jews of israel behave like cat put into a corner: using overviolence to solve everything.

The verdict? FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

As long as there will be people living in the area that follow their abrahamic religion and believe that they are the most rightous ones, there will be no peace.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So you don't think it's worth pointing out that most of us live in countries that were carved out by folks simply deciding they wanted the land? In fact I'd go so far as to say none of us live in countries that weren't carved out by conquerors.

-Elwood Blues

This is boring.

LoF: Do a thread about IRAN instead, but i also support a thread about that "I Ran" song by A Flock of Seagulls. Both will suffice.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So you don't think it's worth pointing out that most of us live in countries that were carved out by folks simply deciding they wanted the land? In fact I'd go so far as to say none of us live in countries that weren't carved out by conquerors.

I meant "carving countries" as in "trying to draw a surrealist painting while drinking Absinth"-carving out contries. Nothing good will come out of it.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hey, there's no need to knock absinth. Absinth is the breakfast of conquerors, mate.

-Elwood Blues

Hey, there's no need to knock absinth. Absinth is the breakfast of conquerors, mate.

That would explain the history Poland then :ermm:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I actaully tried to fomulate an intelligent response to Lord of Flies latest ax grinding thread but when I saw no one else bothered to I figured what the hell, why should I? Posting to him is like trying to teach a pig to sing, it wastes everyones time and is doomed to failure in any event. Besides we already had a guy around here who posted long, nonsensical rants about how the world would be such a better place if all Americans and Jews of any nationality were dead. Speaking of which does LoF remind anyone of Yushaa? His schitck got old pretty fast too.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I actaully tried to fomulate an intelligent response to Lord of Flies latest ax grinding thread but when I saw no one else bothered to I figured what the hell, why should I? Posting to him is like trying to teach a pig to sing, it wastes everyones time and is doomed to failure in any event. Besides we already had a guy around here who posted long, nonsensical rants about how the world would be such a better place if all Americans and Jews of any nationality were dead. Speaking of which does LoF remind anyone of Yushaa? His schitck got old pretty fast too.

Yushaa was more passionate and often ignorant about certain facts. But it at least seemed like you communicated with him directly. LoF on the other hand, is way more distant, calculating and is deliberately trolling.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

That would explain the history Poland then :lol:

What? Absinthe is awesome, it was banned in America because of some old law where some crazy person thought that it was poisonous for no good reason.

We are talking about the alcohol, right?

Well rather than allow such a significant and historic thread be derailed by Absinthe activists, I think we will retire this constructive thread to the AotSB ...

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: