Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

yeah no kidding, a marketing blitz is going on right now for that game (red dead), i heard the original was very mediocre, and yet this one is looking pretty cool

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gameplay...-red-dead/59978 Red Dead Redemption :ermm:.

Want... want bad...

Dear god, that was boring. Why did they have to document it like that?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Looked pretty good to me, but I'm not buying another Rockstar port (assuming the eventually make Red Dead for PC) unless I'm 100% it'll work first.. I wasted a lot of money on GTAIV since it's still not working.

Fortune favors the bald.

That's too bad because the other trailers were really well done and actually had lots of action. The characters also seemed a lot more interesting.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Disciples III is out in Russia:

Google translation:

http://translate.google.pt/translate?js=y&...sl=ru&tl=en

"In reverie scratching turnips and stamped on the map."

"Since the elements of chess, his mother."

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's a friggin' Cowboy-game, how lame is that? Makes me even less interested than Sports games.

so have you not seen The Good The Bad and The Ugly because its a "cowboy" movie?

I feel sorry for you.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Disciples III is out in Russia:

Google translation:

http://translate.google.pt/translate?js=y&...sl=ru&tl=en

"In reverie scratching turnips and stamped on the map."

"Since the elements of chess, his mother."

"Foreseeing shoals of flying sneakers"... Add my shoes to the list.

"The working day is in full swing, and in the evening beer. Because today is Friday."... Nice to see some things are the same all over the world :)

This game looks like a stinker. Gone all Heroes of Might and Magic V on us (which is not meant as a compliment).

*Sigh* ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been Google searching for lists of 1st quarter 2010 game releases so I can figure out which few I might be interested in, but am unsure about the accuracy of said lists.From what I've seen tho, I'm not much interested in any of them.

Maybe Dante's Inferno, if it's a real mix of shooter+something else (ala borderlands mixing) rather than just plain shooter.

Couple others in the action/rpg or rpg/adventure are maybes but they're (so far) console only.

So many of these games, via their early gameplay videos, look pretty much exactly the same. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've been Google searching for lists of 1st quarter 2010 game releases so I can figure out which few I might be interested in, but am unsure about the accuracy of said lists.From what I've seen tho, I'm not much interested in any of them.

Maybe Dante's Inferno, if it's a real mix of shooter+something else (ala borderlands mixing) rather than just plain shooter.

Couple others in the action/rpg or rpg/adventure are maybes but they're (so far) console only.

So many of these games, via their early gameplay videos, look pretty much exactly the same. :lol:

You're welcome.

Blazblue is coming to the PC??? Awesome!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That's an interesting, very long, and somewhat unconventional list. The one called Fort Zombie looked amusing.

Completely forgot about Mount & Blade...might try some of those big mods now that I could have huge battles w/out major lag.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's not a mix of shooter+something else... it's not a shooter at all.

If you've played God of War, you've played Dante's Inferno. It plays exactly the same. In other words, a button mashing action adventure where you fight hordes of demons through the nine circles of hell.

Ah...well, keep in mind that to me, any game that feels like a shooter I tend to call a shooter, even if it you're using swords & magic. But after watching more gameplay vids I can go with action/adventure. Action/adventure makes me think of Tombraider or Drakan1 or even, in a lighter/odder scale, Overlord perhaps.

Haven't played Gods of War (any of them) so comparison scoffing wouldn't matter to me at all...no worse than playing many Diablo clones (some of which were good games on their own). If Dante's is a fun game, doesn't matter. If it's a sucky game, well, then...it's just a sucky game. :lol:

Your genre classification is even weirder than most people's around here and that's saying something :lol:

As for whether it's fun or sucky, I guess it depends on what you're expecting out of it. It most certainly has lots of boobs, blood, boobs shooting evil demon babies at you that you proceed to kill with your giant scythe and various monsters/landscape modeled after genitalia.

They should just have hired H.R. Giger and done it right...

EDIT: It also has a baby-killing achievement so that you can show off your sweet skills to your friends and family.

Edited by Purkake

Your genre classification is even weirder than most people's around here and that's saying something :p

I have my own personal sense of definitions at times, what can I say.

At least I'm hip & cool...oh wait... :lol:

That made me sad... I saw nothing that perked my interest at all... *cries* I have fallen from grace, I am no longer a member of the PC master race... Or... That list sucks balls like a $10 hooker addicted to meth.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

That made me sad... I saw nothing that perked my interest at all... *cries* I have fallen from grace, I am no longer a member of the PC master race... Or... That list sucks balls like a $10 hooker addicted to meth.

You have lost your way, my child. I pray that you will find the strength within yourself to find the path once more.

Peace be with you.

Edited by Purkake

This is all I could think of:

Red Dead Redemption

Fallout New Vegas (of course)

Gran Turismo 5

Final Fantasy XIII

Duke Nukem Forever (hey, we all have dreams man)

Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Warhammer 40k MMO

Eve Online ambulatory project (yay, walking around in space stations, and playing space black jack, and tipping space strippers, and bored/logging off)

Whatever Eat Sleep Play has planned for Twisted Metal

Whatever Smith and Tinker has planned for Mech Warrior, Crimson Skies, and Shadowrun

That's all I got.

[edit] oops, forgot about Just Cause 2

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes