World of Warcraft

kingofsquid

OK, ummmmmm, for a starter game, Halo 3, Fable II, or Assassin's Creed?

Of the three? Assassin's Creed. Halo 3 is bad, Fable II is not much better, but the last one at least tried to be a decent game. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Chosen, this is for the future of course, at least until the end of my football season (games not televised, it's just a small school team, I ain't no pro or anything).

1.Assassin's Creed

2.Halo 3

3.Fable II

In an effort to re-rail this topic, I ask: Is Thrall the orc leader in WoW?

Uh, yes, but he doesn't do anything.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Whatever happened to Sylvanas Windrunner? She was killed by Arthas, became a Banshee, Became Dark Elf-ish, took over Lordaeron, what happened to her afterwards?

She rules in Undercity. It

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Whatever happened to Sylvanas Windrunner? She was killed by Arthas, became a Banshee, Became Dark Elf-ish, took over Lordaeron, what happened to her afterwards?

She's still in Lordaeron, ruling the forsaken faction. In Wrath there is an event where her majordomo (Varimathras) stages a coup with the help of the Grand Apothecary (they have the Royal Apothecary Society in the game developing a new plague... for use on what is a subject of debate). Players are sent in with either Varian and Jaina (if you're ally) or Thrall and Sylvanas to retake the city.

See?:

post-13853-1252346713_thumb.jpg

post-13853-1252346727_thumb.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

or Thrall and Sylvanas to retake the city.

Vol'jin is there too I think.

He's at the gate, he doesn't go in with you.

Lemme pick your brain Calax. Maxdps.com, under the cloth gear and in the helmet category, has my current helmet Gaze of the Unknown (Item level 219) rated at 305.93 DPS while a higher level item Conquerors Kirin Tor Hood (Item level 226) rated at 262.02 DPS. Why is that? Obviously one has more base SP but the other one makes that up and more with the socket bonus. Is it due to the Crit on the lower level item?

EDIT: You can see them side by side here.

Edited by Gfted1

I don't know mages that well, but I think the big thing is the crit rating. Mage crits are HUGE under certain circumstances. it all comes down to personal preference honestly. Also the Tier set gives you the bonus that'll boost your dps more overall than if you just went with what the site said.

I've never really gone with what websites say about gear. I've usually gone with my gut.

I feel bad for computer illiterates who fall for scammers.

Anyways, no new Hero Class in the next expansion. Too bad, I was looking forward to what Blizzard had up their sleeves. I keep hoping for a Spell Breaker (WarCraft III unit) based class. A class that can use the opponent's skills against it, stealing or reversing buffs. Like a reactionary support class or something.

Anyways, no new Hero Class in the next expansion. Too bad, I was looking forward to what Blizzard had up their sleeves. I keep hoping for a Spell Breaker (WarCraft III unit) based class. A class that can use the opponent's skills against it, stealing or reversing buffs. Like a reactionary support class or something.

I doubt they'd put that in because they already have similar functionality in mages with spell steal, and because often there aren't all that many bosses that have a significant buff to yoink.

Meh, spell breaker suck in comparison to the Flamestrikers (which, I figured out, are called Blood Mages)

Well as you know, boss buffs are unyoinkable (Spellsteal) and they are also immune to Counterspell.

but some during boss encounters are specifically designed to be yoinked. Shields on Thorims little trash mobs in the arena for example.

As to flamestrike, Mages already got that.

One of the biggest things that they need to add is more ways for dps to purge buffs from targets (the second boss in ToC has a buff that'll cause his magic to do something like 200% damage... meaning I can get oneshot for 50k damage... in 10 man regular).

The ever infamous Onyxia (of the particular youtube video) has returned with re-tuned loot and fighting. Overall an easy fight but still it's fun to see her actually do damage this time.

post-13853-1253650728_thumb.jpg