World of Warcraft

kingofsquid

Where is the city?

In durotar NE of Barrens.

I mean in the picture. I see a boulder.

Hey.....um, where could I get a cheap laptop with at LEAST 15 gigs?

he is basically showing off a wall of the city. Honestly I understand that a lot of people don't like the look of WoW but yeah he is pointing the camera at a wall and saying "look how ugly it is!"

The city has much more impressive views then that.

I'm pointing it at a really bad looking platform that serves as the hunter training place in Orgrimmar. It looks like something out of the Flintstones except more square. I'd just add some more doodads, anything to add detail, because the entire platform is that empty.

I'm a graphics whore, no matter how I try to disguise it. :p

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

WoW is terrible don't play it. I played it, did everything that was avaiable at the time, realised that it was possibly the worst game ever made because they try to make everyone happy, and by doing so it screws over the game, which made me sad because it was 10 bucks a month, so i decided to not be sad, drop WoW and be awesome insted. True story.

Can you suggest a REALLY good game for either PC or PS2, then? Or Wii.

You can instead shoot heroin into your bloodstream, it would be better then WoW.

But far more expensive.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

WoW is terrible don't play it. I played it, did everything that was avaiable at the time, realised that it was possibly the worst game ever made because they try to make everyone happy, and by doing so it screws over the game, which made me sad because it was 10 bucks a month, so i decided to not be sad, drop WoW and be awesome insted. True story.

You can't objectively say it's the "worst game ever", if it were, there wouldn't be ~11.5 million people playing it. It's just not for you.

Maybe you were sad because you didn't have any friends to play with?

How cheap? If you want a good laptop for about $600-$800 a Vostro 1500 might be good.

The cheapest one on newegg was $379.99, it can play WoW without problems, other games not so much. Same for non-netbook Dells.

Edited by Purkake

You can't objectively say it's the "worst game ever", if it were, there wouldn't be ~11.5 million people playing it. It's just not for you.

Maybe you were sad because you didn't have any friends to play with?

I also noticed the "did everything there was to do at the time" line. Does that mean you leveled up to 60 and then decided you hate the game? Because that is crazy talk, if you put in hundreds of hours on a game in order to decide you hate it, I don't think it is the game with the issues.

How cheap? If you want a good laptop for about $600-$800 a Vostro 1500 might be good.

Well I was thinking in the 100-200 dollar price range.....Anyway, sysrequirement said on back of the box (went to wally-world today :D ) says i need high speed internet. Anyway, I might forget about it for a leeetle while cause at wal mart i got Empire at War Gold (with both original and Forces of Corruption).

The game should be renamed... World of Snobbery

The strong prey on the weak. The many bully the few. The Rich control the Auction House prices by buying anything underpriced, to resell later at higher prices (called reselling). And the players with no life farm all the mats, so theres none left for the players who don't have time to do such boring work.

If you don't have much time to devote to the game, you'll have to settle for making a "niche" character, who trys to be good at some lower-than-max character level...like level 60, level 49, or even the popular level 19.

Whatever you do tho, game $ (gold pieces) means everything. If you don't enjoy the economic aspects of the game (like I did) you'll get bored with the game real fast. Bags space is vital. Use all ur 10-man per server guys to simply have lots of bags space (extra players used only for bags are called "Mules").

I played it for over four years faithfully. Then Blizzard began taking away items from players who worked hard for them, to support even more snobbery game interference from the game designers themselves (for example, if you were under level 35, they didnt let you wear the hard to get "fishing boots" anymore). Think of it as if your at a D&D game, and your DM'er says hes ganna take away your Paladin's "Holy Avenger" sword (that the paladin went throu heck to finally get) because he didn't like it in the game anymore.

Thats when I left. Bliz took away my gear, told me to run many insecure scripts on my computer ( to reduse lag issues on their servers), and demanded more private info about myself before I could submit a "Time-Card" to pay for my account.

But, I can say, I'm glad I played it. Especialy the 1st two years (which we old WOW'ers call the "Classic" era).

All I can say to that is welcome to the internet. If you can't take the griefers and other annoying people, it's not for you. That said, WoW is pretty grief-lite compared to other stuff like Everquest and EVE, also sometimes it's freaking hilarious. If you want to have a controlled experience, stick to single-player games.

As for the Blizzard stuff, it's their game and you're free to leave, which you did, so congrats!

So... What you're saying is that we should go back to the times when gold was only made via AH, epic mounts were REALLY rare, raiding required 3 6 hour nights to kill ONE boss, and 40 people to do it...

Honestly your complaints sound like second hand whining. I've never really run into those problems, I suck at farming but have over 1k gold on my raider (to keep up with repairs) and 4k on my alt. The introduction of Daily quests and the like have done less to hurt the games population than Vanillas "stand around in ironforge showing of your epixx!" style of gameplay.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

guild wars was fun...

never tried wow. I heard it was a time-sink...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

guild wars was fun...

never tried wow. I heard it was a time-sink...

It's a game, they are all time-sinks. It's not like we are going to suddenly find the cure for cancer at the end of Dragon Age.

That would be kinda sweet tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course you can have more than one character. You can't transfer them from server to server without a fee (I think), but other than that, you'll never actually run out of "character" slots.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Of course you can have more than one character. You can't transfer them from server to server without a fee (I think), but other than that, you'll never actually run out of "character" slots.

This but not entirely, you can have something like 25 characters spread over all the servers, and you can xfer them between realms with a fee. They're gonna make it so you can switch from horde to alliance.

Also Rules on X-fers are such that you can only x-fer between PvP and PvP realms, PvE realms can Xfer to other pve realms, but not to PvP realms (PvP can "downgrade" to a PvE realm)