What are you playing now

Gorth

dude. seriously. you cannot tell me that bioshock failed to deliver on its sound design and art design.

i'm starting to figure out your style of conversation

1. say something divisive and somewhat outlandish that will anger others

2. slowly back away from the strength of original statement to something like "well not EVERYTHING... but I thought we were talking..."

don't get me wrong, i like discussing stuff with you, but sometimes you say stuff that you have to KNOW is gonna be shot down

edit: also you totally ignored my points regarding spirit of the original games, because you knew you were wrong and instead of saying "oh yeah whoops didnt think of that" you change the issue a bit to start a NEW argument!

arg, i woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning i guess. sorry if im being rude :)

I have expressed my dislike for Bioshock on multiple occasions and even explained it at one point in a conversation with cronicler some time ago.

The setting and the audiovisual style are what gave Bioshock all the potential in the world to be the next best FPRPG and keep the spirit of SS2 alive. Instead they blatantly copied everything from the hacking and cyber mods all the way up to the damn plot twist from SS2, removed huge parts of what made SS2 the great experience that it is(such as the lack of resources, consequences for dying) and added the Big Daddy-Little Sister thing which, while an interesting idea, wore thing after the third one you kill.

Basically instead of actually improving the old game, they removed what made it great, copied everything else and added a shiny new coat of paint.

Edited by Purkake

i totally respect that outlook on the game, its not mine, but its fair and i had similar thoughts myself but i forgave them in light of the fun i was having with the game.

however, you do agree, that it did not fail to deliver on all of its promises. because the setting and audiovisual design are top notch :)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If it had been an Art Deco underwater city simulation, it would have delivered on the premise, unfortunately it was also supposed to be a game and a spiritual successor to SS2 no less.

As ugly as some of the splicer models looked thanks to Unreal Engine 2.5, I don't have any complaints about the audio or the visuals, but those were not the "promises" that Bioshock was supposed to deliver on.

dude, i ALMOST started a reply to hurlshot and then just stopped myself... not here, not in this thread... my hulk green nerd rage faded...

for the record, i didnt hate f3, it was a fun actiony/adventury/explorationy game

not fallout. (sorry i couldnt stop myself)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You automatically get bumped up to 89,000 experience when you import to BG2 if you haven't yet hit that point.

i always install totsc, and even before i begin those quests, i've usually blown the 161,000 cap (i remove the cap). at that point it gets to where you aren't going to level up anymore in BG1 because there just isn't much more exp. to be had. in other words, once you get the levels from around 161,000, that's about as easy as you can make it without cheating. i think the fighter types go up again at 250,000, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Sequel to Planescape by Obsidian. <3<3<3<3<3<3

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I replaced the X-clamps on my 360 with bolts, so its working again. Back from the RROD. So its UFC 2009

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I thought the game was really hard, until I learned how to aim. After that it was just a headshooting feast.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Need good weapons, a good logistics for your assault team (repairers, militia trainers, after the battle loot gatherers) and a decent assault team to be successful in JA2 1.13.

Besides, playing as Afgan hipshhoters will result in a lot of spent ammo and a lot of dead Mercs. You have to go spec ops on them :ermm:

BTW, did you get the HAM's new release? they finally managed to implement a real supression system in the game! You can now use your (previously useless) LMGs and HMGs to fire at groups of enemies and force them to drop to ground (resulting in Ap loss and slowdowns) while your marksman chew them up.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

BTW, did you get the HAM's new release? they finally managed to implement a real supression system in the game! You can now use your (previously useless) LMGs and HMGs to fire at groups of enemies and force them to drop to ground (resulting in Ap loss and slowdowns) while your marksman chew them up.

Hey, that looked pretty interesting. Alpha version... sounds like that is for a new campaign after the current one :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Need good weapons, a good logistics for your assault team (repairers, militia trainers, after the battle loot gatherers) and a decent assault team to be successful in JA2 1.13.

Besides, playing as Afgan hipshhoters will result in a lot of spent ammo and a lot of dead Mercs. You have to go spec ops on them :lol:

I'm trying to play tactical but all my mercs have only handguns (except for the MP5 on my PC) so my options are limited. I also dont understand how an enemy 11/12 tiles away can hit me with the same handgun, when my merc is lying on the ground in full (green) cover, while on the other hand my mercs cant hit them (5% chance or something). And they all have around 80 marksmanship.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

There doesn't seem to be much in the UC 1.13 department. Shame to see it stuck on the old inferior code but a lot of manhours were spent on the old closed file system. The conversion is still alive but slow going I guess.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Well, I'm trying to play Fallout 3, but the damn game keeps crashing every 10 minutes. Not "Crash to Desktop". It automatically restarts my computer.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

NWN2 - Mysteries of Westgate

NWN2 - SoZ

Company of Heroes Anthology (sucker for WW2 RTS and love the music / high production values)

---

I'm thinking of picking up Titan Quest and the XP for peanuts, apparently a perfectly decent Diablo-esque H&S with nice visuals. Anybody here played it?

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG