What are you playing now

Gorth

Oh no doubt about it Syraxis, It is like a light flavored, slightly fruit tasting, spicy and smooth beverage. You just consume it without realising how much of it you have drunk and then the bottle is finished while you were not looking...

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Oh no doubt about it Syraxis, It is like a light flavored, slightly fruit tasting, spicy and smooth beverage. You just consume it without realising how much of it you have drunk and then the bottle is finished while you were not looking...

:lol:

Sounds like Voodoo juice:

1 part Cruzan Pineapple Rum

1 part Cruzan Orange Rum

1 part Cruzan Banana Rum

1 part Cruzan Coconut Rum

1 1/2 parts cranberry juice

1 1/2 parts orange juice

1 1/2 parts pineapple juice

Top with a dark rum

To be shared between three people (I started feeling tipsy at drinking 1/4, the bartenders always put in 3 straws.)

Edited by Syraxis

:lol: Buhu, Decent Rums are rare here (other than Malibu, if you can call it decent or rum). Not to mention over the top priced. Want to trade some for Vodka and Raki? :p Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Trials HD ... i think i'm obsessed with it. I just can't stop for hours. And most of the time i just repeat one track or even just one section until i get it "right". argh. :lol:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Blood 2: the chosen.

Its an old FPS in the vein of Painkiller but I like it since its totally unforgiving. I think I die once per minute of play. nothing like a good challenge.

250px-Blood_2_The_Chosen_Box_Artwork.jpg

The original running on the Duke Nukem 3D Build Engine was much better imho.

Never played it, though I'll give it a shot as soon as I'm finished dying excessively.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Guest Slinky

Mass Effect to get a save for ME2. Colonist/ruthless maleshep going about 50/50 paragon/renegade. He's nice enough to nice people, the rest gets an hole in their forehead.

:( Buhu, Decent Rums are rare here (other than Malibu, if you can call it decent or rum). Not to mention over the top priced. Want to trade some for Vodka and Raki? :)

I don't have that much either ;( But I do have a few good bottles of gin lying around.

Still Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. It's a love hate type game, but it's beginning to grow on me. The loading times and frequency is starting to wear thin though....

Having played a few classic D&D games like Pool of Radiance I got into it immediately. The loading is pretty awful though. >_<

I just saw that my game store offers Stalker: Clear Sky for 11.99€.

Should I or should I? And are the bugs all ironed out already?

I didn't have much problems with the game technically speaking (no CTDs for example), but mileage seems to vary. But some of the in-game stuff is just wonky. The whole faction war thing, which is supposed to be a major feature of the game, doesn't really work for one.

I think the first game is better overall, and is much more atmospheric.

Still, I think it's entertaining enough for that price.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Not to mention, that it features some great swamps >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not to mention, that it features some great swamps >_<

I thought the swamps were the best part of the entire game. By Far. WHich lead to a somewhat disappointing experience overall. :(

The faction war concept could have worked, but the maps weren't really large enough to support that level of conflict. If there had been triple the territory perhaps, and the factions had been less static, the whole thing could have been pretty cool.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Not to mention, that it features some great swamps >_<

I thought the swamps were the best part of the entire game. By Far. WHich lead to a somewhat disappointing experience overall. :(

The faction war concept could have worked, but the maps weren't really large enough to support that level of conflict. If there had been triple the territory perhaps, and the factions had been less static, the whole thing could have been pretty cool.

I don't think map size was the problem. I think it came down to

-Capturing and defending territory were the only things the AI had to do so they'd be constantly doing it-- and you'd be constantly bothered about it.

-Enemies respawn with such regularity that it's hard to care about a point you've fought for 80 times already

-Some faction wars were dependent on the AI moving from one area to another. The game had... problems with that.

-You had no control over the AI, so you couldn't say "Hey gang, let's go capture Mutant Dog Valley!" You had to wait for them to feel like it on their own. Trying to convince my faction to actually advance the front proved difficult at times.

The faction war concept could have worked if it, well, WORKED.

The Italian-Austrian-Swiss axis of evil continues in Europa Universalis III. Things have been picking up as we've been getting into constant European-wide conflicts (France by itself was our biggest opponent for a while, and more recently it's been the Portuguese-Spanish-English alliance). Switzerland has been expanding into France, and Austria encompasses most of Western Europe all the way through Greece - with a side of Scotland, whereas I've united Italy, control all of the N/NW Africa, and own half of Spain and Portugal. Meanwhile, all of America is shared between Portugal and England. It's been a rough ride, but I think we've crushed most of our bigger nemeses.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Trying to hang on to a rather parsimonious Egyptian empire in R:TW (which also happens to be rather larger than reality would have allowed in 750 BC or later, but is still way off the 50 required to win ... :) ); why I continue to play a game I'm so patently rubbish at, I'm not sure. At the moment I seem to be just about holding on to Siwa, Cyrene and Egypt proper against Scipii invasions by the skin of my teeth, and rebutting Pontic attempts to take Tarsus every two rounds. Which gives me just long enough to build enough archers. >_>

Although I've been doing a lot better since I stopped allowing the AI to manage any land combat.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Maybe you are playing because you have fun? One of the best campaigns I've played in Rome TW was actually Carthage, early on before I learned the game proper .. bad units, spread out provinces, a slow economy (that becomes a monster if you develop it though) and Rome breathing down your neck.. I was barely able to hold on to Africa, but through it all, I couldn't help but think it was absolutely fabulous!

Fortune favors the bald.

Playing Alpha Centauri, never really did move up the difficulty scale in the game, play on Talent - so I've decided to try to get to the middle or upper tiers. Addictive game, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra