New SW game ideas?

Actually, I'm always for new IPs, although I haven't played most of the Star Wars games out there, so I'm not jonsin' nearly as bad as I am for original fantasy IPs that don't rely on the same old cliches... or tropes... or whatever term the intilekshual gaming and literary giants use these days.

Haven't you people had enough?

Yes, I have unless it tosses away the normal Star Wars dogma (id est KotOR II). :)

NO WE HAVE NOT HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

Really? :ermm:

On correction, only about 200 have been released. But more is better :sorcerer:

Nope. Most of those "about 200" have been **** and thus any new games are likely to be **** as well. -_-

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Meh, Star Trek is worse than Star Wars. :sorcerer:

Hit the deck!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How about Lucasarts giving Star Wars a rest and doing something else, for a change? I mean, how many Star Wars games have been released so far, a Quajiguillion? Haven't you people had enough?

Up to a point. Yes, the franchise has been milked to an absurd degree; nevertheless, a single-player KotOR III, especially one developed by Obsidian, is highly desirable.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

In my opinion, a good star wars game would be a strategy game with good graphics, multiple species, and the ablity to conquer worlds and be conquered, and be able to customize your units. Something like a cross between Battlefront 2 Galactic Conquest, Kotor, and Galactic Battlegrounds: The Clone Campaigns. What do you think, and what would you like?

Star Wars is crap. No more Star Wars games.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well, you say that, MC, but have you looked at LA's recent non-SW output? Monkey Island aside, there's... what? Fracture? Which was not exactly brilliant by most accounts.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Well, you say that, MC, but have you looked at LA's recent non-SW output? Monkey Island aside, there's... what? Fracture? Which was not exactly brilliant by most accounts.

You've convinced me.

LA is crap. No more LA, please.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

hahaha That made me laugh out loud. I think the Star Wars franchise is overrated, really from the very beginning, but it's the game that matters to me, not the setting. Come to think of it, I guess I just want a KotOR 3 from Obsidz to finish off the series.

You've convinced me.

LA is crap. No more LA, please.

Heh.

To be fair, while they've turned out some real old tat (Galactic Battlegrounds, anyone?), there have been some gems, like the KotOR series, too. Battlefront was entertaining, Republic Commando is meant to have been pretty awesome, and the Dark Forces series is, barring JKA, meant to be pretty good. And I still maintain that that game could be vastly imrpoved simply by removing the character of Rosh from the SP campaign... and Tavion. And the cultists. And Ragnos. And the giant worms. And the first level.

Edited by Darth InSidious

There was a strategy game too, what was it's name again? And I'm not talking about Force Commander.

Empire at War? There was also Rebellion/Supremacy in '98, which was 4X.

NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs. NEW IPs.

Yes becuase Fracture was so wonderful.

I'd rather have my Obsidian Star Trek RPG.

:)

:thumbsup:

Complete with a Avellone red shirt romance! :sorcerer:

:sorcerer:

Meh, Star Trek is worse than Star Wars. :x

How dare you insult my Star Trek, I demand satisfaction. :geek:

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

:sorcerer:

8)

Complete with a Avellone red shirt romance! :sorcerer:

Naw, Obsidian would never stoop that low, story wise. I bet they actually could come up with a fun and engaging story for us Star Trek fans.

ARE YOU LISTENING FEARGUS!

Naw, Obsidian would never stoop that low, story wise.

Yes. They would.

In Obsidian games, love interests exist to die, betray you, or be forever apart from you via the cruel machinations of fate.

Id like a game called 'Intergalactic Solicitation: Turning jedi mind tricks' in which we follow a young black male jedi pimp who trains his hoes and bitches to use the force in order to become better and more efficient prostitutes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'd like a Empire at War II.

Seconded, i loved the first, plus all the mods that came out for it. 2 would be fantastic and i cannot wait to see what the mod community could do with it.

They just need to make the ground battles a bit more fun.