Divinity 2

Morgoth

• 3 weeks later...

^Balancing is perfectly fine as it is. Only thing that remains is that arrows are still impossible to dodge, meaning enemy rangers with Explosive Arrows will rape your character in two seconds.

I chose archery btw, which wasn't quite bad at the start, but seems to be getting useless now.

Problem with archery is finding a good bow. There's only one in Broken Valley that's worth it (quest reward).

Just wait til you're level 15 and pick up Explosive Arrows. After that, you'll really kick ass.

'Ranger Stealth' is a pretty good skill to pull enemies from mobs one-by-one without aggroing the entire mob.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

My level 5 PC angered Ser ****hat of the Golden Armor, a level 12 NPC with a two handed sword that could kill me in two hits. This majestic specimen was trying to steal PIGS. The strongest NPC in the area and he

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I always do everything in the opening area and am usually level 6/7 when meeting Talana. There are enough level 8 Goblins & Skeletons in the vicinity to feast upon and level up some before climbing the Tower.

But what's with the epileptic convo animations? Is that just a German thing?

It's a Belgian game.

I don't mind the convo animations. It's nowhere as exaggerated as in Drakensang, where characters would wave around their arms every 5 seconds.

The art direction, character development, music & side quests of this game kick Dragon Age in the teeth.

Edited by virumor

But what's with the epileptic convo animations? Is that just a German thing?

It's a Belgian game.

I don't mind the convo animations. It's nowhere as exaggerated as in Drakensang, where characters would wave around their arms every 5 seconds.

The art direction, character development, music & side quests of this game kick Dragon Age in the teeth.

I guess, I'll have to buy it, then. 15

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

^Balancing is perfectly fine as it is. Only thing that remains is that arrows are still impossible to dodge, meaning enemy rangers with Explosive Arrows will rape your character in two seconds.

I chose archery btw, which wasn't quite bad at the start, but seems to be getting useless now.

Problem with archery is finding a good bow. There's only one in Broken Valley that's worth it (quest reward).

Just wait til you're level 15 and pick up Explosive Arrows. After that, you'll really kick ass.

'Ranger Stealth' is a pretty good skill to pull enemies from mobs one-by-one without aggroing the entire mob.

I just found a much better bow in a crate somewhere near Lovis' tower, and I also have a creature now, which together make the archery experience a lot better. I thought the game started off good, then hit a deep pocket (because of my character being so useless, and those hit and run tactics were becoming a big drag), and now I'm enjoying it again.

I didn't use my creature much as a Ranger, save in the last part of the game when both my character & creature were unstoppable anyway. He drew too much attention and blew my cover the entire time before that.

virumor, out of curiosity, at what level did you end the game? I'm thinking it might've been useless to put points in Wisdom.

Finished three times at level 34 without ever putting any points in Wisdom (or Mindread).

Initially putting points in Wisdom/Mindread isn't bad, though, since it's possible to respec later on anyway.

I thought I was doing well until and then I encountered the skeletons near the tower. Ow. So instead of dealing with those I tried to kill the Black Ring warriors outside the temple with the giant squidman head. Owwwww.

I need to find more goblins to kill, damnit.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I thought I was doing well until and then I encountered the skeletons near the tower. Ow. So instead of dealing with those I tried to kill the Black Ring warriors outside the temple with the giant squidman head. Owwwww.

I need to find more goblins to kill, damnit.

A few levels & better equipment + your creature make a world of difference most of the time. A single level 5 Fireball takes out the entire Black Ring group in front of the Temple.

I tried Divine Divinity before and couldn't get into it, but I would like to be interested in this, I think.

a) How is the story and dialogue? Is it worth paying attention to? I enjoyed Risen and TW in this regard, Dragon Age was meh.

b) How fun is a magic-user? How does magic work?

c) Performance, do you need a beast?