Divinity 2

Morgoth

How does a ranged character fare in this game?

I remember trying to play one in the original, but eventually switched to melee.

I don't know about a pure ranger, but combined with melee or magic ranged seems to be alright. There aren't many good bows in random loot compared to swords... but there's a quest reward bow that's probably the best in the entire game.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished Divinity 2: Ego Draconis... I think I'll need a couple of days to come to terms with the ending... not only is the rug swept from under your feet, but also the entire floor. :p

Still, the game was ~20 hours of good enjoyment (I should replay as mage)... and hopefully the game will sell well enough outside Germany & Larian will be able to continue the franchise. Not many people seem to know about this game across the pond.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Small update, before anyone forgets about the game: Divinity 2 is now apparently to be released on 5 January 2010 in North-America by CDV. English versions of the game should be released 2 October 2009 in Europe (outside Germany).

Meanwhile:

Gamecentral Divinity 2 preview

German review

• 1 month later...
Small update, before anyone forgets about the game: Divinity 2 is now apparently to be released on 5 January 2010 in North-America by CDV. English versions of the game should be released 2 October 2009 in Europe (outside Germany).

Hope they decide to publish in Aus. If not will have to get it of Gamesplanet, which has a release date of 5th November. Hmmm that date sounds familiar.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

It seems the English version is completely revamped compared to the German one. Boss enemies whose asses I kicked in no time previously now are kicking my ass and actually require some tactics to beat.

The English voices are great, too. I've never heard so many different British accents in one game.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe we still have a little less than 2 months now here in the US. It will be interesting to see what kind of hype this game will get when it does hit US stores haha.

So for those who've played it, how good it the game anyways? Was it what everyone expected?

First half of the game is brilliant, lots of quests with multiple ways to solve, C&C, quite challenging combat (unless you're a mage). But the second half of the game is all grinding & combat, similar to Risen.

I noticed that are still some bugs in the English version, even a couple of gamestopping ones. So an English patch is probably underway.

• 3 weeks later...

Spanish Eurogamer gave it a 9.

I think like with Risen, it's again a case of reviewing it for X360 but putting the same score for PC too. I didn't encounter any of the technical issues that are mentioned near the end of the review.

• 2 weeks later...
Finished Divinity 2: Ego Draconis... I think I'll need a couple of days to come to terms with the ending... not only is the rug swept from under your feet, but also the entire floor. :)

What do you mean?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Finished Divinity 2: Ego Draconis... I think I'll need a couple of days to come to terms with the ending... not only is the rug swept from under your feet, but also the entire floor. :)

What do you mean?

The ending is worse than vanilla Fallout 3.

But on the other hand, the ending is pretty brilliant too because in my naievety I didn't see it coming at all.

Divine Divinity is awesome so far. I had a little trouble in the beginning trying to figure out how to change spells/hotkeys etc...after seemingly being unable to do anything but swing a dagger & teleport my mage around, I finally read the pdf manual. :p

The game (Gog's version on Win7) has occasional path-finding annoyances (like when you click on an urn & you wander all the way around to get to it) and my mouse-clicking doesn't always seem instantly-responsive, but other than that, heck of a lot of fun. Also, can't seem to make the quick save work...having to long-save constantly in case I die and have to reload is kind of a drag.

I have the alchemy skill & can combine potions, but still can't put an herb in a bottle to make a simple potion. I need a better manual. :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ooops, sorry, posted the above in the wrong thread, meant to put in the 'what are you playing.' Can't edit it out now... :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished Divinity 2: Ego Draconis... I think I'll need a couple of days to come to terms with the ending... not only is the rug swept from under your feet, but also the entire floor. -_-

What do you mean?

But on the other hand, the ending is pretty brilliant too because in my naievety I didn't see it coming at all.

Neither did I. I immediately checked the internet to see if I missed something after the ending.

I normally do hate endings that scream 'To be continued' that loudly. But it did bring out the 'I want their heads on a pike, in my throne room with foreboding music playing' feeling.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif