What are you playing now

Gorth

He's saying that "them" got more than 1500 points.

He's not comparing his score, just making an approximation of the score. He knows it was more than 1500. The first one is less than 200.

In any case, I was playing Panzer General 2. I am now downloading War in the Pacific, Admiral Edition.

If Dead Space actually gets less scary as the game progresses then I think I'll just move on to another game now, heh.

It's too bad, they could've really done something extraordinary with the engine and the visuals.

It's not supposed to be scary. It's an RE4 clone, with slightly better gameplay and monster design.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Der, I think you got that > sign backwards.

Which one? :huh:

never mind, my brain was off.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Der, I think you got that > sign backwards.

Which one? :huh:

never mind, my brain was off.

You mean you had me combing over that entire post for an incorrect sign for nothing?! Bah! All that time wasted! I could have gone to bed 40 minutes earlier! :huh:

I shall get you for this. I don't know how, or when, but some day soon... Yes... :shifty:

If Dead Space actually gets less scary as the game progresses then I think I'll just move on to another game now, heh.

It's too bad, they could've really done something extraordinary with the engine and the visuals.

It's not supposed to be scary. It's an RE4 clone, with slightly better gameplay and monster design.

It has a better story.

Now, I know that's not saying much, but DS' story was actually entertaining for me. Don't expect anything brilliant but it was much more interesting than "The President's daughter has been kidnapped by zombies. Are you man enough to save her?".

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It has a better story.

Now, I know that's not saying much, but DS' story was actually entertaining for me. Don't expect anything brilliant but it was much more interesting than "The President's daughter has been kidnapped by zombies. Are you man enough to save her?".

As bad as Resident Evil's plots are,

"everyone has been turned into monsters by an evil monolith, kill them"

isn't any better. The end cutscene is pretty fun, though.

Playing NWN2 OC. Currently a lvl6 CG human Warlock, and just got to Neverwinter. Anyone know what the gang quest(s) are like? Thinking of doing that instead of going with the Watch.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

It has a better story.

Finding out

you've gone mental and have been hallucinating your wife/girlfriend the entire time

was a pretty good twist to me.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Playing Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2 on my good old XBox. This game is ****ing easy. Even easier than KotOR II. I'm playing as a 19th level necromancer. I have 118 unspent skill points and 250.000 golds. What a waste of time.

Games that are waiting to be played: Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue 2, Psychonauts and Gladius

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

Finding out

you've gone mental and have been hallucinating your wife/girlfriend the entire time

It's only a twist if you can't figure it out 2 seconds in.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It has a better story.

Finding out

But it didn't really have any impact on the story, it was just there.

It would have been so much cooler if you had been under the monolith's infleunce the whole time and in the end it turned out that you had actually killed innocent civilians, scientists and security people

It would have been so much cooler if you had been under the monolith's infleunce the whole time and in the end it turned out that you had actually killed innocent civilians, scientists and security people

Ever consider a career in game design?

He stole my idea from the fantasy setting thread!

...He'd be better suited as a corporate spy.

Nope, I just have some good ideas every now and then.

But I can totally see you flashing back to the reality for a fraction of a second when really low on health or something with civilians running in terror and security guys trying to stop you as you murder them mercilessly. In the end the hive mind would send you away on the little ship and as you get further away from the monolith you'll see alternating scenes of you killing monsters and civilians, possibly ending with Issac putting a gun to his head.

He stole my idea from the fantasy setting thread!

...He'd be better suited as a corporate spy.

I haven't actually read that thread, but it is a theme in fiction. I can't think of an example, but wasn't it in one of the Greek myths?

Also, being a corporate spy sounds like fun.

Edited by Purkake

Phh, i would have done it like this "You're on a really cool friggin spaceship and half the guys turned to zombies and **** and the other half were eaten so its basicly you with a ship full of hawt chicks and zombies and ****. Kill, ****, die, reload and play some more!"

pure awesomeness oh yeah!

oh, and in the end as a plot twist youd find out that

all the healthpacks are made out of people!!!

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Nope, I just have some good ideas every now and then.

But I can totally see you flashing back to the reality for a fraction of a second when really low on health or something with civilians running in terror and security guys trying to stop you as you murder them mercilessly. In the end the hive mind would send you away on the little ship and as you get further away from the monolith you'll see alternating scenes of you killing monsters and civilians, possibly ending with Issac putting a gun to his head.

This...sounds..so..cool!

I haven't actually read that thread, but it is a theme in fiction. I can't think of an example, but wasn't it in one of the Greek myths?

Maybe, I don't remember anything like this.

oh, and in the end as a plot twist youd find out that

all the healthpacks are made out of people!!!

HA! I knew you were gonna say that!

I want a detective game where in the end you turn out to be an amnesiac mind controlling fedora.

But it didn't really have any impact on the story, it was just there.

Silent Hill

Also, being a corporate spy sounds like fun.

It depends on what you mean. Hercules killed his children by Megara in a fit of madness induced by Hera.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

full of hawt chicks and zombies

the female bodies the player sees were actually female corpses, the player finds out in the second half of the game before the inevitable turning point of the story.