Baseball!

Guard Dog

Doc is a beast. I hope the Jays don't trade him. I have nothing else to look forward to unless someone is dumb enough to take vernon wells' contract off our hands... except for maybe j.p. getting fired.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Looks like the playoff picture is pretty well set. The only Drama remaining is if the Tigers will clinch before the weekend and if the Rocks can overtake the Dodgers. Also the Cars have just a two game edge on the Phils for top seed.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

wow... carp finishes with 5 SO innings giving up only 3 hits for a win... 13-0. i guess that's fitting given the cards pitchers gave up 13 runs in the previous two games against cinci. sheesh. oh, carp also hit a grand slam. killer night. hopefully 17-4 with a league leading 2.24 ERA is enough for mr. young.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Please clinch, Tigers. And then, please beat NY. Not that I seriously expect you to, but in a short series, one can always hope.

I was certain no one would catch the Dodgers this season. Rockies are making a grand try for it down to the wire, tho. I'll be watching that one tonight.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After 14 years and arguably one of his best seasons considering the hand he was delt, the padres fire their gm. Good job on the trades and free agent dumpster diving, but horrific draft choices are what most likely lead to his demise. The mind boggles to think what he would have been able to accomplish with a full deck ($$$$$$) he won't won't be out of work for long if it's his choice.

Towers ousted as GM; Moorad seeks more 'strategic approach'

"Padres CEO Jeff Moorad thinks of Kevin Towers as

There must be a sick little boy somewhere praying for the Twins to win it all. Because only divine intervention can explain that Tigers total collaps on Saturday night. So it's on now. On Tuesday, one game playoff between the Tigers and the Twins. I will be parked in front of my TV with beer in hand!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

WOW! What a game. It had everything a Baseball fan could want, great plays, hight drama, thrilling finish. It reminded me of game 7 of the 97 series.

So we got Red Sox - Angels, Yankees - Twins, Rockies - Phillies, and Dodgers - Cardinals. Any predictions?

I would be interested to see a Dogers - Yankees WS, or a Dodgers - Angels series but to tell the truth, I don't expect the Dodgers to get past the first round. The Dodgers really backed into the playoffs and the Cardinals have the best pitching staff in the NL so I expect the Cardinals will take that series in short order.

The Red Sox have much better pitching 1-3 with Beckett, Lester and Buchholz but they have injury problems and the Angels are the second best run producers in the league. Sorry Lady Crimson, I think your boys are going down but I'm betting they do it in 5.

Minnesota walks out of that game tonight, straight into a buzz saw. They did not beat the Yanks at all this season and I don't expect that to change. Sorry Cinderalla, it's midnight.

I lke the Rockies to beat the Phillies, they are finishing the season red hot, Philly has lost 4 of their last 6 and have not showed much heart.

Thomas Sowell

Hoping for a Dodgers-Yankees World series so the crybabies cna eatc rap over A Rod's mythical 'choking' and how Manny isn't a 'team' player depsite the fact he transformed the Dodgers from a joke to WS threats... That said, you are right, LA is cold at the wrong time playing some awesome pitchers not to mention Mr. MVP.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Anytime the Dodgers are in the playoffs, I'd like to see them win it all. This goes back to '81 when Fernando Valenzuela was a rookie and they beat the Yanks in 6, firmly entrenching my Yankees hatred for all time. The Dodgers always seem to be the underdogs so who knows... but realistically I think it'll be Cards/Yankees in the series, so all I can say is go Cards.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Awesome game last night, although I had things to do so I was hoping it ended quicker. Congrats to Minn and their fans it has been a good week for them. As far the the playoffs are concerned I am hoping for an all California series why? F the rest of the world California's #1! With the NL representative taking it all once again to show the whole "this time it counts" All-Star game home field advantage fraud for what it is.

Dodgers - Cardinals

Rockies - Phillies

Yankees - Twins I will be shocked if the Twins win a game, Yanks are fortunate that they do not have to play the Tigers.

Red Sox - Angels Red Sox will win, but I'll take the Angles anyway.

Three games all in a row today. I am drunk-happy.

As to predictions...I have none. Short series, anything goes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, we all know now I'm better at handicapping football games than baseball games!

Thomas Sowell

This is just plain wrong:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/09/florida.b...suit/index.html

Another PR black eye for baseball.

Thomas Sowell

Lackey shined last night while the BoSox choked. Y'know, I'm really not that bothered by it. Or particularly surprised. BoSox have played well this year overall, but they certainly haven't been consistent. I love the BoSox, but I don't live or die if they win/lose.

Of course, one of the most entertaining things was Bucknor's bad calls and the irate BoSox fans repeatedly vandalizing his wiki-entry page. That was amusing. Childish, but amusing. :D Bucknor's calls had nothing to do w/losing the game, but man, is he a terrible ump.

"BoSox choked."

L0L Not this silliness again. They didn' choke. They simply got beat.

Besdies, you can't have it both ways. Either Lackey 'shined' or the Red Sox 'choked'.

Well, I'm sad, but frankly not surprised. BoSox have been hot/cold all season long...especially after July. Even if they'd pulled this one through, as I've said several times before, I didn't see them getting past NY. Not this season. It's a fun season ride while it lasts, tho.

Congrats, Angels...you definitely deserved it - and if you could beat NY, I'd be much obliged. :)

Is anyone else surprised the Cards had so little bite to them? BTW, can nayone lend me $845,000,000? I'd like to buy the Cubs.

Thomas Sowell

Wow, is anyone watching NLCS game 2? Go Dodgers.

Thomas Sowell

Sooo barring a miracle we are looking at a Phillies - Yankees World Series. Ugh. Anyway they could both lose? I can not think of a less interesting match up. Oh I'll probably watch.... but I won't like it.

Thomas Sowell

Awesome match up. Two best teams going at it. The way it should be. And, very interesting. May the best team win!

Why watch soemthing you not gonna like? It's illogical!