What you did today

Gorth

I'll have to upload some of the baby raccoons who come eat the outside catfood here, although they might have grown or gone as I haven't seen them for a bit. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I bought a Gibson Les Paul. Studio, on a 6-month payment deal, gold/black. Just could not afford a Standard, and a Fender strat just doesn't stand up to this glorious thing.

Now as long as I don't get fired anytime soon...

lay down some sweet riffs and upload them so we can make fun of yo-- er encourage your progress. ;)

hahaha Jerkface! But I agree, upload some tunes, Tig.

And I liked seeing the cute little bugger, LC. The geese were nice, but I know how mean geese are in real life. Keep them in photos!

I couldn't afford an amp so I'm still on the Marshall practice amp, and my skills are pretty deplorable.

Nevertheless, I probably can't resist getting photos of it up at some point.

You didn't feed them enough! ;)

I went to see Harry Potter today and then had lunch at the Falconer, an English pub. The salad was wonderful.

Salad in an English pub? Surely, the end of the world is nigh.

Hey, it's an English pub in Redlands, CA. It's a novelty item, not the real thing. They have all sorts of 'football' signs, like Manchester United. -_- I have to say that it looks like the English pubs I've seen over in England. I tend not to drink anymore, so pubs are wasted on me.

It's kind of like real English pubs in that it's a bar and a restraunt. The food in infinitely better at the Falconer, though. lol

I had a bloody weird weekend. Chased my ex some more, with mixed results. I honestly think she just can't make up her mind. If she's looking to settle down then I'm up for it as she is very smart, very caring and extremely hawt. But if she's going to go the other way and try to get me to go travelling with her for the next couple of years like she's thinking of, then - while I'd love it - it's just not the right thing to do.

Dammit, sometimes i hate being clear headed. Why can't I be 18 again and not think beyond the end of the week?

Lined up some work yesterday. Paid on comission, but it's better than nothing. Sort of sales reconnaissance/ techno-pimping.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My uncle died last night, so now we've cut the vacation short and we're heading home.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I'm sorry to hear that, man. Um... not much more I can say. Hope you're bearing up ok.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We're all doing okay. It wasn't exactly unexpected. Over the past few weeks his cancer has been getting worse. We were all just hoping he could hang on a little while longer.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Went to Pier 39-Fisherman's Wharf area today, with sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and hubby. Brother-in-law was in town while his wife was attending some kind of medical meeting/test/I dont really know, and he had time to kill. So we wandered around, ate food, yakked...haven't been to that area in 15+ years, it's changed and yet is much the same. I guess it has a Hooters near Fisherman's Wharf, too. No, we didn't go in. heh

If it was sunny, you could see the Golden Gate Bridge. Alas, it was cloudy and windy, like San Fran is 75% of the time.

sf-pier39-04.jpg

The end of Pier 39 is apparently "seal town."

sf-pier39-09.jpg

This man hid behind his "bush" and would reveal himself/scare passerby. People would actually tip him for this. One lady literally screamed. It was hysterical to watch.

sf-pier39-13.jpg

This was just...hilarious. Needs no explanation. :D

sf-pier39-06.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We're all doing okay. It wasn't exactly unexpected. Over the past few weeks his cancer has been getting worse. We were all just hoping he could hang on a little while longer.

I'm sorry to hear. Even when it's not completely unexpected, it's still a sad loss for the family. Condolences & well wishes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My condolances as well, Awesomeness. I've lost two friends this year to cancer. Take care of yourself.

As for you, LC, I think you have a real talent for photography. I virtually always enjoy seeing your pics.

We went to the Redlands Bowl and saw the final dress rehearsal for 1776. Not the best production I've seen but it's free so no biggie. It was fun and I know all the words anyhow. I'd like to see the Pirates of Penzance, but I might skip it. Greg fun, but I hate hasseling with the seating and whatnot. Anyhow, I've been to the Bowl twice this year and to the Shakespeare festival twice. I think I can sit it out. Now, if it were a larger venue, I would totally be willing to go. I'm a huge fan of Gilbert and Sullivan.

I was just telling my friend about the weekend and he said "You dream of the day you get to talk your way out of the electric chair". Which I thought was rather cool.

-Elwood Blues

I bought a Gibson Les Paul. Studio, on a 6-month payment deal, gold/black. Just could not afford a Standard, and a Fender strat just doesn't stand up to this glorious thing.

Now as long as I don't get fired anytime soon...

lay down some sweet riffs and upload them so we can make fun of yo-- er encourage your progress. :)

hahaha Jerkface! But I agree, upload some tunes, Tig.

And I liked seeing the cute little bugger, LC. The geese were nice, but I know how mean geese are in real life. Keep them in photos!

I couldn't afford an amp so I'm still on the Marshall practice amp, and my skills are pretty deplorable.

Nevertheless, I probably can't resist getting photos of it up at some point.

Congratulations for a well invested purchase!

I had my eyes on the very same model, but my budget didn't allow it the time. I had to settle for this though:

6431_image_zoom_EPIPHONE_LES_PAUL_CUSTOM.JPG

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Speaking of guitars, i am currently about to order something in the vein of this:

Septor_827_BlackFlame.jpg

But with a different colour(red) and reverse headstock. We'll see if i have enough money available though :)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What an 8 string bass guitar? Most strings I've seen on a guitar is 7 and that was a bass guitar.

It is a regular electric guitar, but with two extra strings that are within that lower the bass-range. The standard tuning is as follows on a regular 6-string(Low to high):

EADGBE

While on a 8-string it is like this:

F#BEADGBE

Here are some examples on how that extra low range sounds like:

Take 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

What an 8 string bass guitar? Most strings I've seen on a guitar is 7 and that was a bass guitar.

12 string guitars are actually quite common

Although they're more typically used acoustically, such as in classical guitar. At least at one time.

My mother had/has a 12-string Martin acoustic. Very nice.

12 string guitars are actually quite common

Although they're more typically used acoustically, such as in classical guitar. At least at one time.

My mother had/has a 12-string Martin acoustic. Very nice.

12-strings have a wonderful tone to them (think Eagles or Led Zeppelin). A really well made one will cost you in the vein of 5 figures though :)

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

not what i did, buuuuut...

there is a steak in my future. noonish mountain time, i'd say. there will be a beer with that steak. later, there will be pool. billiards, of course, as i'd probably drown anymore. no, wait, too fat to sink. :biggrin:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Today I had coffee and ate a cookie, then I worked way too slow all day.

(gazzilion stringed guitar of doom)

Eeew! I thought my old wide-necked hairmetal Charvel was uncomfortable to play, that thing must be a railroad to arthritis. I like narrow, thin necks that you can wrap your whole hand around for support and where you can fret two strings with one fingertip. Its sweet.

random insight: if you play a twelvestring recording backwards, it will sound like a tramporgel :teehee:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

beer lunch, but no steak. my buddy couldn't make it, so i had to have an extra beer for him.

same as usual, trinity brewing near garden of the gods.

since i was alone, i had more time to drink. here was my menu for the day:

1. farmhouse ale. batch #80 for them, and quite good i might add - a light beer, more hoppy than malty, but very flavorful and a smooth finish. the beer is actually cloudy, which reminds me of tucher though clearly it did not taste the same. it is a seasonal, so the spices/seasoning changes with every batch: apples and chickory for this batch.

2. chi. it's a belgian something or other. interestingly, though chi is a different "style" of beer than the farmhouse, it actually has a similar flavor as well as finish.

3. delerium tremens. not one of the house beers, but quite simply one of the best beers in the world. voted that 8 years in a row, apparently (not sure by whom). canadian, but a belgian ale nonetheless.

4. soul. it's a horkey ale, with a very heavy malt flavor. horkey is apparently the grandfather of all amber type ales. heavier, or maybe just a bit more bitter, than the scottish ales i typically prefer. very good, however, and i could certainly drink more than one in a sitting.

5. farmhouse. again. that good, yes. this was my buddy's beer since he couldn't make it.

so, as i was leaving, i realized that i have a BBQ to attend tomorrow. i picked up a growler of the farmhouse and one of the chi. mmm...

taks

comrade taks... just because.