What you did today

Gorth

I know I can leave the trade channel. Sadly, that's what I do most of the time. However, I'd really like to be able to count on the trade channel for... TRADE! I've gotten some good deals on it in the past, especially if I needed something in a hurry, but it's just so stupid it's not even worth it anymore. It's especially bad where the realm population is high.

I don't begrudge folks their fun. I'm from the "that's what she said" generation myself. It's just that there are NO new anal jokes. They were pretty stupid to begin with and now they're completely played out and I'm stuck wading through them if I want to see anything in the trade channel. Much worse on my old server of Gilneas than my new one, though.

Anyhow, I guess I'm ranted out for right now. Maybe I'll rant about it later.

WHat do you say to the female carptener when she bends over?

a nail? eh? eh?

ha ha ha yeah ;)

I ate sausages for breakfast and now I'm bored.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Its really freaking hot out. It sucks. I'm sick. Probably gonna finish The Conduit.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Where are you that it's so hot, bro?

An island in the south baltic sea, we get the most sun per year in Scandinavia.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

i have done next to nothing today. talked to one of the guys i'll be backpacking with (next week), ate some lunch. i think john and i are going to play catch in the backyard shortly... gotta poo, first (thanks, shryke).

oh, actually, i did manage to get the fedora 11 live CD burned. in the process i discovered that i have a failing primary drive, so i need to get a few DVDs and begin the backup process. actually, since i have two drives, i suppose i can just copy a ghost image onto the other one (which is several years older and, oddly, in perfect health). hmmm...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

What the hell? Maria Caliban wrote in the other thread (the one who became too long and was closed) that she had been working out until she was dripping with sweat.. and none of you homos bit?!

PICTURES, MARIA, OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

I went fishing today. Zero fish and I lost five lures. I suck at fishing.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey, we don't want her to know we're stalking her, maaaaan!

Too bad about the lures, but there's always more fish in the ocean. Which, by the way reminds me that I will have to try Walsingham's 'sausages are the way through any problem' approach someday. No shweaty balls, though.

I need to find a good phone to buy... the Pre is meh, the iPhone is an epic fail of massive proportions, the G1 doesn't have enough RAM, the Magic doesn't have a keyboard, who the hell knows when/if the Hero will ever make it here. Epic fail.

In other news, The Conduit should shut up some Wii haters for a while... at least until NSMBW comes out...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I didn't know she was really a woman.

- Most meats, but not bacon or fish, unless the fish in question is canned tuna which is awesome. Processed meats are also rubbish.

Hrm... you need a mix of meat to stop you going insane with boredom. A proper butcher's shop will be your salvation here. It's nearly as important as a good pub. Turkey is cheap, as are some cuts of beef. beef is generally superior, since you can turn it into stews with long cooking. I don't know how you feel about them, but I love pig's feet.

- Potatoes as long as they're roast potatoes or chips, boiled and mashed aren't nice.

Large bag of spuds, a couple of quid, will last long enough. Shame you don't like them boiled. I assume this rules out using them in soup.

- I like bread, breadcrumbs on things is a no no, however.

4 cheap white loaves for bulk with everything.

- Peas and carrots, sweetcorn is also acceptable but I'm not a great fan.

Peas and string beans are in season. Find local allotments and see if anyone would be willing to part with some.

- Iceberg lettuce.

Not happening. Too expensive.

- Cucumber.

Ditto

- Beans, Pot Noodles and toast.

Do you like ordinary instant noodles, because they are a great way to get carbs cheap? Also, consider making your own 'baked beans'. Provided you can buy the beans as cheap as they should be. Otherwise beans are good.

- Cereal aimed at children such as Coco Pops and Ricicles.

Really not happening. Although you just reminded me that I hadn't eaten sugar puffs in years and mean to have some.

- Apples and oranges.

Targets of opportunity.

~~~

Equip yourself accordingly. Now... what herbs and spices do you like? Also you didn't say if you like garlic and onions.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Don't like garlic and onions. I'm not sophisticated enough to have tried and kinds of herbs or spices to my knowledge, comes with living on a council estate your whole life.

I also like salt and vinegar, if that helps?

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Don't like garlic and onions. I'm not sophisticated enough to have tried and kinds of herbs or spices to my knowledge, comes with living on a council estate your whole life.

I also like salt and vinegar, if that helps?

Certainly does. Vinegar softens cheap meat. And salt makes it easier to eat. :thumbsup:

I recommend you buy a few loaves of bread, a sack of potatos, about seven tins of tomatoes, a kilo of beef shin, and a kilo of turkey legs. You'll also need some oil. Nut oil is bad for you but tastes good. Then there's the vinegar and salt. A big tub of chilli powder wouldn't go amiss. Nor would some lemons if you can find them cheap. Shouldn't cost more than 20 quid if you can get the meat in those big packs butchers make.

Because you're cooking cheap meat you need to cook it well. In the case of the beef this means soaking it in vinegar, salt, lemon juice, and chilli then cooking the hell out of it in oil then water/tinned tomato. It will go soft after about two hours and taste fantastic. in the case of the turkey there's not much you can do to make it taste good, so chop it up small, coat it in chilli and salt, and fry it till it crackles.

Serve the beef with roast potatos and beans. Serve the turkey sprinkled over the instant noodles. If you get dried beans or pulses cheap you can mix in the beef and stew it for hours on low heat.

Most of these dishes can be reheated so you can eat them two days running. Just add more chilli.

Toast the rest of the time :)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Certainly does. Vinegar softens cheap meat. And salt makes it easier to eat. :thumbsup:

I recommend you buy a few loaves of bread, a sack of potatos, about seven tins of tomatoes, a kilo of beef shin, and a kilo of turkey legs. You'll also need some oil. Nut oil is bad for you but tastes good. Then there's the vinegar and salt. A big tub of chilli powder wouldn't go amiss. Nor would some lemons if you can find them cheap. Shouldn't cost more than 20 quid if you can get the meat in those big packs butchers make.

Because you're cooking cheap meat you need to cook it well. In the case of the beef this means soaking it in vinegar, salt, lemon juice, and chilli then cooking the hell out of it in oil then water/tinned tomato. It will go soft after about two hours and taste fantastic. in the case of the turkey there's not much you can do to make it taste good, so chop it up small, coat it in chilli and salt, and fry it till it crackles.

Serve the beef with roast potatos and beans. Serve the turkey sprinkled over the instant noodles. If you get dried beans or pulses cheap you can mix in the beef and stew it for hours on low heat.

Most of these dishes can be reheated so you can eat them two days running. Just add more chilli.

Toast the rest of the time :)

As Blackadder once said: Wals, I love you! I want to kiss your cherry lips and nibble your shell-like ears.

Pretty much have saved my life here, I'll be dining like a king soon enough.

As for what I'm doing today, it seems I'm having nosebleeds. I've had five in the 3 or so hours I've been up and about. Cauterization will stop them they said. Nosebleeds won't bother you again they said. Freaking NHS.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

That's just the hunger talking. My shell-like ears are poor nutritional value.

If you have any spare money and like peanut butter, get peanut butter and some lamb stock cubes. The stock and peanut butter can be added in small doses to really flavour up the noodles, and also lentil soup if you make it. And by lentil soup I mean some RED lentils, some water, any odds and ends you have spare, boiled.

You should also post a survival diary, like an urban Robinson Crusoe.

EDIT: I had been about to say I don't know any cheap recipes that are good for iron, but then I remembered liver. Probably because I'm the only bastard I know who enjoys eating it. Still, if you do, then slice it thick, brush with oil and lemon juice, grill lightly and serve with green peas and roasted potatos.

That also reminds me that you shouldn't rule out heart. Lambs hearts are very very cheap and taste really very good. Soft buttery texture once you hack out all the valves and whatnot. Tasty, too. About 80p a pack. I gnerelaly curry them, but let me know what works for you.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

I'm not a huge liver fan, but there's an expensive 'special occasion' restaurant about a half-mile from my house that serves a fried chicken livers appetizer that is out of this world. Crispy garilicky batter fried-ness, surrounding creamy smooth warm meaty flavor, topped with a lovely habanero jelly.

Actually, now that I think of it, the appetizer itself is only $7 or $8, and they do have a wine bar in the restaurant. I could probably stop in for a glass of a nice crisp summer red and wash it down with some chicken livers, without having to go through the whole "making a reservation" and "paying $25 for a piece of fish served over some orzo and vegetables" things...

Sounds like a damn good idea. I may have to try that. The jelly sounds interesting too.

-Elwood Blues

it my birhday and i got give lots of booze form my flatmate and i drinked it all and so now i a bit durnk :aiee:

also - i need to poop

the hell...?

note to self - stay away from the computer when drunk >_<

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I actually like chicken livers. I'll eat beef liver also, smothered with onions. When I lived on Guam, we had an appetizer all the time called Rumaki. It was liver and water chestnut wrapped with bacon and fried or baked. Good stuff. Remember to take out the toothpick.

One of my favorite cheap dishes is something called hot dogs and tortillas. You heat the tortillas, sprinkle some parmesian cheese on them, wrap them individually around a half vertically sliced hot each, and then fry them until golden brown. MMM. I know it might sound weird, but it's goo eatin' and it's cheap to make. Used to have it all the time when we were kids. You can dip them in mustard or sourcream and salsa.

I went fishing today. Zero fish and I lost five lures. I suck at fishing.

hehe, you ought to try fly-fishing. only losing 5 flies is a good hour. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Fish rarely bite when I'm fishing. However, I use fish-fu and the second I feel anything move teh line I pull the bastard in as fast as I can. I often hook fish through the side or whatnot. Inelegant but I get my din-dins.

-Elwood Blues

my sister's coming round after work to drop off a bottle of very hard to find booze for me >_<

then i'm going up the road to a friend's place to have a couple of drinks and generally talk a lot of bollocks

should be a fun night

hey, daaave, how's the new diet going?

-Elwood Blues

oh i just remembered

was curious about this book my Guillermo Del Toro coming out

so may end up going to the book signing thingy he's having here in town next week