Pictures of your games

Gorth

Could have had these up earlier, but I was having too much fun playing the full game. The fourth one has been posted, but mine is bigger and didn't cut off the guy on the right. :D I like the third one though. More in the next post!

post-3491-1245963517_thumb.jpgpost-3491-1245963535_thumb.jpgpost-3491-1245963546_thumb.jpgpost-3491-1245963558_thumb.jpg

Those damn cheeky seals know my minions can't swim. They're out there, laughing at me. Meanwhile I'm laughing at the stupid treehuggers and my Yeti decides he likes baby seals more than he likes me. Also, Gnarl shares some words of wisdom.

post-3491-1245963809_thumb.jpgpost-3491-1245963822_thumb.jpgpost-3491-1245963834_thumb.jpgpost-3491-1245964054_thumb.jpg

Drat. I spaced out and didn't get to Gamestop before they were sold out. Next couple days, I hope.

I also saw Majesty2 should be out soon too...two games in one month I actually want to buy. Amazing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Drat. I spaced out and didn't get to Gamestop before they were sold out. Next couple days, I hope.

I also saw Majesty2 should be out soon too...two games in one month I actually want to buy. Amazing.

>.>

*hypes the preorder system like a good little drone*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I picked up my copy at Future Shop actually. Unless they get 80 copies, EB Games has this habit of gutting every copy the receive and horribly mangling my manuals in the process.

Just finished the game actually and I quite enjoyed it. Not enough to play through again right away but I will come back to it. Maybe after I finish The Conduit. One more picture for you guys.

post-3491-1246001912_thumb.jpg

Damn! You're fast. I finished the first town last night and you finished the game while I slept. I have no idea how long the game is, though that map looks mighty small. :p I'd hope there were at least 7 areas as in the first game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Damn! You're fast. I finished the first town last night and you finished the game while I slept. I have no idea how long the game is, though that map looks mighty small. :p I'd hope there were at least 7 areas as in the first game.

I pulled an unplanned all nighter the other day. All in all I think it took around 18 hours from start to finish and completing all the quests.

On the area count it depends on where you draw the dividing line for an area. Do all the ice areas count as part of Nordberg? If so there's only 4 different themes. I can't recall just how big the first game was, but I think Overlord 2 is a little smaller. I'd say that the areas are generally better designed and more fun in Overlord 2 even if there are fewer of them.

It's hard to tell as each area seems to be a bit larger than they were in Overlord.

However, I never finished the first Overlord as I started finding it repedative somewhere around the sandworm area.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Pre-Order...I refuse until it's mandatory. Heheh...

Gamestop is the only place around here that I could find that was stocking it. Best Buy and others were all "backordered" only. Got it today...and my manual seems fine. I installed it on both PC's and took a look at the starter spot & beat up snowmen (pic), went "ooooh pretty."...but now it's time for baseball.

The first game wasn't that long...I'd expect this to be similar, ie I suppose it's a weekend game for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

BTW, I don't know how some of you get 1920w pics to be only 180-200kb w/out looking like complete fuzzy crud. One day I'll learn.

You know what they say about karma Mr. Crowley?

post-1458-1246172628_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Adobe Phototshop has a 'Save for Web...' setting.

I know how to resize and compress pics, but I can never seem to dramatically compress kb's without losing a lot of quality. Shrinking dpi sometimes helps (everything I do is at least 300dpi to start with) but If I get it right, it's mostly by accident or just cause the pic itself isn't demanding in terms of info it possesses (like mostly black...).

Anyway...hope this wasn't already posted. Not of gameplay (in-game cut scene), but I thought it looked cool.

You know what they say about karma Mr. Crowley?

Karma is making a shot to the head of a ghoul 1.2 kilometers away using an DKS-501 sniper rifle with a 4x optical capability scope... Karma is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

Fortune favors the bald.

BTW, I don't know how some of you get 1920w pics to be only 180-200kb w/out looking like complete fuzzy crud. One day I'll learn.

Honestly, my pictures were taken as BMP by fraps, opened in MS Paint and then saved as jpgs. That's all I did with them.

Maybe you're immune to their compression artifacts? :lol: Using IrfanView with JPG-Quality set to 81% gets me around 200 KB for 1920*1080 without too noticable losses.

(81% instead of 80 because I'm used to slightly higher values since compressing music with ogg vorbis where this made a difference, a long time ago ;))

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I guess PaintShopPro either sucks at compressing or I suck at knowing what to do with the program. The sliding scale it uses, a compression value of more than 35 looks like crappola to my eyes unless it's a really stellar photograph....Most 'busy' screenshots at 1920 end up being 380-450kb or more at 30-35 compression. Meh, like it really matters. I'll leave the super-pretty to others. :)

I don't have a screenshot right now...they're on the other computer. Maybe in a few days, if any of them are interesting.

Archimedean dynasty. Too bad it sequels were so bad ;_;

Never played AD, but I wouldn't call the two Aquanox' bad. Worse possibly, but not bad. Okay, the gameplay was a standard arcade style FPS, but (mostly in the 2nd, but at certain points in the first too) the atmosphere were awesome. Even if the writing and voice acting was randomly jumping between so bad it's hilarious and very, very, very good.