DaRK heRoIc FaNTAsy

They make dragging that book from your inventory to hers sound so hot. That must be one special book.

I guess it would be funny to play a total prude, totally ignoring all advances.

Who cares about "romances". They should call it what it really is, "casual sex" like in the Witcher. I shall play as a female character to totally avoid that nonsense anyway.

I just want the in-game dragons to kick butt and have decent AI, from what I've seen in that E3 video the beastie didn't even target the mage who just stood there happily casting destructive spells with impunity.

I'm sure they'll have horrible female romance options available as well. Any word on the lesbian romances?

At least the Witcher didn't make such a big deal about it. Bioware is treating this as the holy grail of character interaction.

They make dragging that book from your inventory to hers sound so hot. That must be one special book.

"Guide to Ferelden Fornication"? "Thousand and One Positions"?

Maybe it's an illustrated guide to flirting, because apparently she needs one *zing*

Question - what music, apart from the MM track, would you have used for that trailer? I'm thinking Ride of the Valkyries, but perhaps a rap-metal version.

A surprising amount of Cannibal Corpse songs seem to be applicable, e.g. "Gutted, "Rancid Amputation", "Dead Human Collection", "Unleashing the Bloodthirsty", "Hammer Smashed Face", so on and such like. =]

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well if Bioware wants to includes romances/sex, regardless of how horrible or awkward, it won't affect me buying the game. If the gameworld is interesting and fun to explore, if the skill/leveling system creates interesting characters, if the combat is fun, then its worth 50 USD.

Really, its not like computer games in general are known for the quality of their writing, voice acting etc anyway. No reason to start holding it against Bioware now.

It can't possibly be worse than Oblivion anyway.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well if Bioware wants to includes romances/sex, regardless of how horrible or awkward, it won't affect me buying the game. If the gameworld is interesting and fun to explore, if the skill/leveling system creates interesting characters, if the combat is fun, then its worth 50 USD.

Really, its not like computer games in general are known for the quality of their writing, voice acting etc anyway. No reason to start holding it against Bioware now.

Oh god, I'm sure Bethesda could think of some horrible minigame for it and all the while the NPC would stare directly through the monitor and into your soul with it's cold dead eyes.

Isn't quality of writing & voice acting what BioWare is famous for, rather than interesting game world & gameplay? There has never been much else in their games. In their trailers/previews they always show off their deep storylines & depth of character choices. I haven't seen any information about the game world itself... they could learn from Bethesda when it comes to building a highly detailed game world with in-depth lore.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Isn't quality of writing & voice acting what BioWare is famous for, rather than interesting game world & gameplay? There has never been much else in their games. In their trailers/previews they always show off their deep storylines & depth of character choices. I haven't seen any information about the game world itself... they could learn from Bethesda when it comes to building a highly detailed game world with in-depth lore.

I agree that the voice acting in Bioware games is generally better than average. However, the writing has always been typically crap. ME's sex scenes, for example, aren't any better than this new one from Dragon Age.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I agree that the voice acting in Bioware games is generally better than average. However, the writing has always been typically crap. ME's sex scenes, for example, aren't any better than this new one from Dragon Age.

Well, how exactly would you expect a sex scene to be? Hardcore Sandwich?

Well, how exactly would you expect a sex scene to be? Hardcore Sandwich?

Quick-time minigame? You need interaction to keep the immersion, man!

I'm sure Heavy Rain will revolutionize the sex scene as we know it.

Edited by Purkake

I'm sure Heavy Rain will revolutionize the sex scene as we know it.

Screen fading to black, followed by a short cutscene of a rocket taking off?

The heroine laughing at you?

And the main character crying in a corner, while being naked?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not where Bioware is located, I don't know about croissants though, we eat them here too. Edit: Actually, I take that back, I think they have a Montreal studio now.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

And have horse riding police and respect the queen, last I heard.

And we eat croissants too, that doesn't make us french. (yeah, I invalidated my own argument too, I don't care) :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada

Glossed over the article a bit, seems like France gave up on it's colonies a few centuries back, but the England didn't.