DaRK heRoIc FaNTAsy

How incredibly dull and uninteresting.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

We should look back at all the info we had in 2004.

And weep.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

... has clear, easy-to-read text...

Oh no! Anything but clear, easy-to-read text! BioWare has sold out to the console kiddies.

That said, the website is remarkably better than it was before, as is the forum design.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

This is 2009 not 1999.
But we're gonna party like it's 1999!

If number of copies sold would equal quality, then EA would..ah, whatever.

By the way, I would have higher hopes for DA if they hadn't put that very retarded, cliche, and retarded evil betrayal (courtesy of Teyrn Loghain) foreshadowing in one of the videos.

Loghain is supposed to be the good guy, and David Gaider said something about not everything being as it appears in the video.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Honestly, I thought this would be **** from the very beginning and still do, so maybe, just maybe, I'll rent it and enjoy playing it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I saw him as a good guy. He sacrificed everything he held dear for king and country.

I don't recall that he sacrified anything. In fact, as he started out the son of a bandit and ended up a powerful warlord and noble, I'd say he gained a great deal.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I saw him as a good guy. He sacrificed everything he held dear for king and country.

I don't recall that he sacrified anything. In fact, as he started out the son of a bandit and ended up a powerful warlord and noble, I'd say he gained a great deal.

They weren't bandits, they were part of the resistance.

He gave up Rowan for one. And his father to save Maric. And he risked himself for Maric and Ferelden countless times, including a suicide mission.

And whatever he gained, he didn't seek, his motives were entirely selfless.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

They weren't bandits, they were part of the resistance.

He gave up Rowan for one. And his father to save Maric. And he risked himself for Maric and Ferelden countless times, including a suicide mission.

And whatever he gained, he didn't seek, his motives were entirely selfless.

None of those were Loghian sacrificing anything.

1) His father sacrificed his own life. Loghian didn't want him to do this, but didn't get a say in the matter.

2) He fell in love with Rowan, but he could never have had a long-term relationship with her. The most he

Doesn't really bother me much. If it gets more people to try the game out and consequently stimulate the development of more RPGs, I can live with that.

I do think the 'This is the new ****' music makes it look like they're trying a little bit too hard though.

I don't really care about any in-game characters and their interplay/banter, I just hope this new world that BioWare created will at least have some detailed history, politics, mythology, botany & zoology like in an Elder Scrolls game.

They managed to do this with Mass Effect, so I have good hopes that I'll be pleasantly surprised when I'll sit down to play it.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Puh-leez. This thread is a gossipy, bitchy confection for sniping, rumour and stuff.

Dissection of Dave G's ponderous self-generated fanfic is verboten. Although y'all deserve a medal for reading it.

Many thanks.

Question - what music, apart from the MM track, would you have used for that trailer? I'm thinking Ride of the Valkyries, but perhaps a rap-metal version.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Etiquette requires that I label this one SPOILERS...

Our hero - one of the Grey Wardens, the group to which players will belong in an effort to fight back against the Blight, and the evil Arch Demon bringing it about - has a present for a lady, Morrigan. It

sonsofgygax.JPG

Guest PoziomyPion

Oh my god that was hard to read with a straight face , but I can't really disagree with that article.Sadly.

Who cares about "romances". They should call it what it really is, "casual sex" like in the Witcher. I shall play as a female character to totally avoid that nonsense anyway.

I just want the in-game dragons to kick butt and have decent AI, from what I've seen in that E3 video the beastie didn't even target the mage who just stood there happily casting destructive spells with impunity.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.