Let's Play Hellgate London!

Hellgate_sp_dx9_x862009-06-0522-52-.jpg

So, I have finally gotten around to posting the promised Let’s Play and, frankly, I am excited as you are about this as I have not played Hellgate London in its entirety before -that is not to say it’s a boring game, I just got distracted from it- and thus this will, hopefully, be the first time I complete the game. Anyways, enough about me – that’s not why you’re reading this after all, you want to see monstrosities get fried and not hear about how many time I have or, in this case, have not completed the game. Without further delay, here is Hellgate London is all its glory. Oh wait… That’s not actually the end of the intro, I do have one last tiny addendum – the backstory I have, sort of, assigned to the character we will be following is not cannon lore – although it is based off of the opening cinematic to a certain extent. Ok, now that really the end and you can continue to the real meat of the thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellgate_sp_dx9_x862009-06-0522-46-.jpg

Retreating from the wreckage of London, our heroine’s father tells her to run and not look back whatever happens – a task that is easily commanded but not easily followed...

Hellgate_sp_dx9_x862009-06-0522--1.jpg

Once safe inside the entrance to the underground, one of the only safe places in the city, she turns around…

Hellgate_sp_dx9_x862009-06-0522-49-.jpg

Only to see a demon ripping her father’s heart out of his chest. Fleeing down the passage, the vault-like door slamming into place she tearfully vows revenge…

Hellgate_sp_dx9_x862009-06-0522-51-.jpg

Years pass, and the young girl is now a woman – a woman trained in the art of war. Armed with both her weapons and new found skills she raises to the embattled surface to seek retribution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that’s the first update – sorry it wasn’t better. I will not be continuing in the same manner, as I did the intro as I doubt I could keep that up for the entire time, and will instead be doing a more candid version of the Let’s Play (albeit one that keeps semi-true to this posting). However, it is time for the first vote –although I might overrule it if I hate the outcome :ermm: – about what class our main character should be.

Here are your choices, I will be adding the next part sometime soon so vote early if you want to have your voice heard:

1) Guardian – The “tank” class, uses a shield a sword or pistol and sword.

2) Blademaster – A faster version of the Guardian, can duel-wield swords.

3) Summoner – A demonologist who can summon an army to aid in battle.

4) Evoker – Your standard mage, throws fire etc.

5) Marksman – Ranged warrior, uses guns.

6) Engineer – A Marksman who can also summon robots to aid in battle.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

IS there much of a power difference between magic and melee and ranged combat?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

IS there much of a power difference between magic and melee and ranged combat?

Not necessarily, seeing as they all have their strengths and weaknesses that are, naturally, both good and bad against certain enemies. However, they are quite different from each other and a playthrough with a ranged character is going to be different from one with a melee one.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I vote for marksman then. Shooting demons with a gun just seems more awesome to me than cutting them open with a sword.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Blademaster woudl be my second choice.

Well, here are the votes:

Guardian: I

Blademaster: II

Marksman: III

And so we'll be doing a Marksman - that said, I should work on the next update now that I know what class I'll be using.

No one ever told me the main character was female. I'd have bought the game if I'd known.

You can be male or female, but the plot makes more sense with a female.

-Hurlshot

I wanted a mage, damn it! I always want a mage. Even in Alpha Protocol, I'm going to play a spy who dresses as a mage.

Aristes the Gadgetmancer :rolleyes:

I know very little of this game. Will just take a seat and observe. It (usually) never hurts to expand ones horizon.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My internet is acting up when I try to upload the pics so I doubt I will get the update in before I go to bed – I will, however, make sure I post something worthwhile later. Thanks for putting up with the delay, I’ll be quicker next time.

-Hurlshot

Maria votes:

Blademaster

No one ever told me the main character was female. I'd have bought the game if I'd known.

It's an MMO that was free. So everyone could be male or female.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.