What are you playing now?

Gorth

Anyway, playing Resident Evil 5, and for a little change, Resident Evil 4.

"Wow, I can't believe there are people who enjoy this weird stuff."

Also Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis is the defining SRPG.

Let Us Cling Together is better. Besides, not referencing Queen is an automatic fail.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Shin Megami Tensei...Tactics Ogre... I can't decide who of you two has the worse taste in gaming.

At least one of them is (kinda) English...

Also, says the dude who plays Resident "can't-walk-and-shoot" Evil.

I haven't played the earlier Tactics Ogre games because they are on weird consoles and not on the DS...

Shin Megami Tensei...Tactics Ogre... I can't decide who of you two has the worse taste in gaming.

In depth, challenging turned based tactical gameplay, in depth, branching character growth system, choices and consequences which span the entire length of the game, and a plot not completely atrocious. Yeah, bad taste.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd point out that when it comes to addictive loot grinding, the Diablo series has always been top of the heap.

I can't wait for D3 to come out.

You know after a while that is pretty much what Diablo 2 degenerated into. Baal runs and trading. It got to the point on my spare days I would be trading or Baal running 50 times, sometimes I throw in a cow run somewhere in there. Most of the time you just refreshed the join games list over and over looking for decent trades. The worse were the rune words I dunno why but rune grinding to make uber rune words was extremely addictive, that and trying to get Elite items with the right number of sockets. In a way the whole experience (and the ruination of my childhood in conjunction with the original Diablo) immunized me to MMORPGs, I find no MMORPG fun because they are all just Diablo 2 style baal runs with more people and social interaction, and maybe more or less ****.

>_< I'm having flashbacks here.

Those runs existed on top of an already solid game though. World of Warcraft often feels like it's nothing but looting and grinding.

Do you believe that Diablo III should offer that type of 'endless' content? A sort of OCD endgame that's isn't so much fun as it is a compulsion? How much energy above and beyond regular gameplay should a player have to expend before they can have the best of the best?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

In depth, challenging turned based tactical gameplay, in depth, branching character growth system, choices and consequences which span the entire length of the game, and a plot not completely atrocious. Yeah, bad taste.

And kiddy animu grafx lolololol

Sure, if you're 10 yrs old.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

BG 1 - Soloing a F/M/T getting my butt kicked on a regular basis, still challenging and fun! Finished Nashkel mines and doing some random exploring.

I can't imagine how you managed to beat those mines solo with a gimped character like a F/M/T against all those kobolds. If you ever manage to make it through Firewine, please do share the story. >_<

I finished Max Payne and now I'm playing Max Payne 2. The second one has much better graphics, although I miss my right button slow mo jumps. It put the game in bullet time, but just to do the slo mo jump, you have to hit shift.

I finished Max Payne and now I'm playing Max Payne 2. The second one has much better graphics, although I miss my right button slow mo jumps. It put the game in bullet time, but just to do the slo mo jump, you have to hit shift.

I always used the shift key...

How awesome was it to crash the tower on the helicopter? :lol:

Can't you configure that?

fyi in max payne 2 if you let the bullet time charge enough you get super bullet time where the bad guys are slowed down but you arent

I liked Max Payne, but I'm really digging Max Payne 2. It's a blast.

By the way, Purkake, I was confused about the tower, but I finally figured out what to do with it and it was quite fun. The only thing I downright prefer from MP1 is the hero. The new one is darker and stockier. I liked the sardonic crooked smile on the face of the guy who modeled the first Max Payne.

By the way, Purkake, I was confused about the tower, but I finally figured out what to do with it and it was quite fun. The only thing I downright prefer from MP1 is the hero. The new one is darker and stockier. I liked the sardonic crooked smile on the face of the guy who modeled the first Max Payne.

The tower thing isn't really all that intuitive, it took me a while as well.

The the model guy is always a hoot, it was fun to see him play Alan Wake at the E3. You get to play as Mona as well, she has some different moves.

400px-Sam_Lake.jpg

Holy crap, that dude is ALL skull. :p

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You are well on your way to being massively disappointed by Max Payne 3 ;)

What, Max Payne: Return of the Middle Aged Overweight Guy in a Wifebeater Shirt?

The tower thing isn't really all that intuitive, it took me a while as well.

The the model guy is always a hoot, it was fun to see him play Alan Wake at the E3. You get to play as Mona as well, she has some different moves.

400px-Sam_Lake.jpg

Incidentally, he was also the writer for the character (for those who didn't know).

Incidentally, he was also the writer for the character (for those who didn't know).
Even better. He's the protagonist of the 90's cult show Address Unknown!

au1.jpg

au4.jpg

au3.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.