NHL

Okay, first Volo dumps Gomez on me and then mkreku steals Komisarek! DAMN YOU TORONTO!

Hal Gill is not a replacement for Komisarek. >_<

Gionta signs with the Habs, reunited with Gomez? 5 years/$25 million deal. Dunno what they think they are doing though. Certainly haven't added any size up front.

Edited by Deraldin

Khabibulin has been a nemesis to the Flames since the '04 cup final.

But he does seem to miss a fair bit of time with injuries.

And I'm on the fence about Heatley. I can't see him scoring 50 playing for Edmonton, and now I wonder about his attitude.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

His attitude is fine as long as he's treated with respect which Ottawa didn't do.

Ranger shave Gaborik. Definitely an improvement over Gomez; but not worth $7.5mil...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Oh wow, I really like the Gaborik signing. I would have loved to see him in a Leafs jersey, but I guess an uptempo Rangers team might suit him even better. I guess the Rangers won't have to rely on Lundqvist all season long again. 13 goals in 17 games last year for Gaborik! Let's hope he stays healthy so he can blossom on an offensive team.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No, I believe Tortorella is trying to create another Lightning team (speed and offence). Gaborik would fit those plans perfectly.

Except the Rangers aren't uptemp, and they have no one on offense who can play that way. NYR are just just another MIN for Gaborik.

Since Gomez is gone, and Antropov just signed with the Thrashers, who is the Rangers top line center now, Volo? Isn't Drury a winger?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Except the Rangers aren't uptemp, and they have no one on offense who can play that way. NYR are just just another MIN for Gaborik.

Yeah, scoring will probably be left up to Zherdev and Gaborik (who else is there?), everyone else is going to have to really play defense, and Lundqvist will have to stand on his head - as usual - but I still don't see the Rangers as a Stanely Cup team

Is Avery still signed to NY?

For 3 seasons. Zherdev is a free agent at the momemntunm, and honestly, I hope he doesn't come back. Not worth the price. We need to trade Drury, a draft pick, and some other lesser player for Heatley. Then we'll be in busy.

For 3 seasons. Zherdev is a free agent at the momemntunm, and honestly, I hope he doesn't come back. Not worth the price. We need to trade Drury, a draft pick, and some other lesser player for Heatley. Then we'll be in busy.

Avery is can contribute to the offense - mildly, I'd love to see the Devils sign Zherdev. We suck right now. Here's what we've accomplished so far:

Lost John Madden, one of the best defensive centermen in the league, Mike Rupp, a good fourth line grinder, and Brian Gionta, who was the closest thing we had to a third scorer to help out Parise and Elias.

Instead of signing some offensive talent like Kovelev, Antropov, Gaborik, or even Afinogenov - we instead opted to re-sign Johnny f***ing Oduya and Mike Greene. Oduya is decent at his best and Greene is shaky. Get rid of these scrubs and sign some real talent. That moron of a GM can't even run his own defensive system when he's giving up players that know it best (Like Gionta and Madden and Rupp - who have spent a number of years with the Devils)

We better come up with something quick or we are going to get DESTROYED next season.

edit: oh yeah Volo, how do you feel about the Rangers signing Brashear?

Edited by Krookie

Brashear is a useless signup since he's just a goon who will play maybe 5 minutes a game and get suspended at least once.

"Avery is can contribute to the offense"

Yeah, he can contribute, but your offense should not be dependent on him.

"Isn't Drury a winger?"

center. How cna you not know that? The guy is considered one of the best face off takers in the game. Heck, it's the *only* thing he's good at.

The Rangers aren't getting Heatley that cheap, especially not now that Ottawa had to pay out the $4 million bonus. Heatley will be a Sen at the start of next season.

Hey, mkreku. How do you feel about the Grabovski signing? 3 years at $2.9 million per season. Seems a little high to me.

Edited by Deraldin

Anything regarding the Leafs, I'm trying to look the other way..

Honestly, I'm not sure about Grabovski. He has showed some talent, but if he continues at the same pace, then he's overpriced. If he continues to develop as well as he's been doing, then he's a bargain. Who knows. The guy did score something like 20 goals for us.

Honestly, I'm not sure about Grabovski. He has showed some talent, but if he continues at the same pace, then he's overpriced. If he continues to develop as well as he's been doing, then he's a bargain. Who knows. The guy did score something like 20 goals for us.

Grabovski had 20 goals and 28 assists in 78 games. 48 points is pretty good, but I just don't think it's $2.9 million good. Like you said though, if he picks it up a bit it should be a good deal.

Grabovski had 20 goals and 28 assists in 78 games. 48 points is pretty good, but I just don't think it's $2.9 million good. Like you said though, if he picks it up a bit it should be a good deal.

I understand he tore it up at the World Championships for Belarus, and he played his best last season when lined up with Hagman and Kulemin. Hopefully they will all only get better.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

ACTUALLY THAT IS NOT ALL ... i cannot believe i didn't tell you guys this yet...I played with a kid who was drafted this year!

that's right folks, your very own Krookie played with NHL caliber player and 26th overall (first round) pick to the Anaheim Ducks, Kyle Palmeiri

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail...dr-scrbrd-draft

that's him..played with him a few years ago on a travel team. Needless to say I was pumped when he was drafted...I'll be going next year after I graduate high school, yeah...definitely.

Edited by Krookie

That's awesome Krook! Was he really good when you played with him?

Yeah, he's a forward but played D on the team I was on with him...I remember one game where I won a maybe 3 or 4 faceoffs directly back to him...He'd let a shot go top corner and hit it perfectly ... Amazing.

Blackhawks RFAs may become UFAs

Interesting. Some good players in that group and no way Chicago could afford to keep them all. Still, the hawks will probably only get a slap on the wrist, if anything.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Jonas "The Monster" Gustavsson has signed on for Toronto. Let's hope his playing style works in the NHL. If it does, Toronto might be on to a winner. God knows we need it.