NHL

Detroit, Pittsburgh Both Attempting To Lose Stanley Cup, Avoid Expensive Victory Parade

"I did everything I could, but Sidney Crosby just refuses to not lay down and die," said Detroit netminder Chris Osgood, who allowed only one goal in each of the first two games and took personal responsibility for the victories. "I tried scooping the puck in, I tried gloving it past myself, I used the stick, but it kept going off the post. The fans gave me hell, and they're right

Hehe, I love how Datsyuk just seemed to run over Malkin, steal the puck and set up the first goal. How can he do that? He's a much smaller player than Malkin! Anyhow, I loved it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

By the way, Zetterberg is totally outplaying Crosby in this matchup. It's Zetterberg's offence against Crosby's defence and Crosby's offence against Zetterberg's defence (at least when Detroit has the last change). Apparently Zetterberg's offence is better than Crosby's defence, and Zetterberg's defence is better than Crosby's offence.

Crosby: 5 games played, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, -2 (ZERO points when matched up directly against Zetterberg!)

Zetterberg: 5 games played, 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points, +6

Boy against man.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are amazing in that they have sick offensive talent, but their defensive game is just about as good as any defensive forwards in the league.

It'd be nice to see a game 7.

I'm just sick of seeing Detroit win. Such a boring team.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Is Marleau making around the six million mark, Hurley? That could be a decent trade for the Sharks.

He might be closer to 7. My guess is that the Sharks would need to throw in someone else to sweeten the pot, but it would be a good trade for both teams. Marleau is fantastic, I don't want to give him up, but he's probably losing the C and it's probably time for a change of scenery.

Maybe Errhoff could be the sweetener, he also needs a change.

Is Marleau making around the six million mark, Hurley? That could be a decent trade for the Sharks.

He might be closer to 7. My guess is that the Sharks would need to throw in someone else to sweeten the pot, but it would be a good trade for both teams. Marleau is fantastic, I don't want to give him up, but he's probably losing the C and it's probably time for a change of scenery.

Maybe Errhoff could be the sweetener, he also needs a change.

Marleau is under contract for one more year at $6.3 million. Heatley is under contract for 4 more years at 8/8/8/6 with a cap hit of $7.5 million per year. I don't see a straight up trade working with Marleau.

As I said, the Sharks would probably need to throw in another player. But don't forget that Ottawa is dealing from a weak position here, everyone knows that Heatley wants out. Marleau, on the other hand, wants to stay but may waive his clause if the Sharks approach him right.

If you are referring to the money, I don't know what Ottawa's cap room is. I know the Sharks are close, but they have a few guys moving on, so they can handle the extra mil. for Heatley.

I'm actually nervous about tomorrow night's game.. which is weird because I don't really care which team wins!

It would be cool for Lidstr

Edited by mkreku

If this keeps up, the Penguins have a great chance of winning this series. It feels like Detroit has gotten all their lucky bounces in the first two games already and the next few games have to be decided by skill.. and then the Penguins look mighty good.

I have to quote myself from after the second game in the series.

Congratulations, Penguins, you really were more skilled this time around!