NHL

I went 1 for 3, putting me at 6-6

Conference finals:

Carolina at Pittsburgh: **** it I'll say the 'Canes in seven.

Chicago at Detroit: The Wings looked beatable last night. Flukey goal by Dan Cleary put them through to the next round. I'm hoping the 'Hawks take this one in six.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I went 1 for 3 in the last round, but I did nail the amount of games for my one winner. This is my worst performance in years though.

Detroit over Chicago in 5 - duh

Carolina over Pittsburgh in 7 - Should be another tough one, but Carolina was my one win last series, so I'll stick with them.

I think Detroit will roll through for another cup at this point. I'm rooting for the Blackhawks though, it would be awesome if that young team brought the Cup to Chicago.

At least you aren't alone Hurlshot. Kelverin and I are both below .500 with you. :aiee:

Updated standings are:

Volourn: 8-4 First Round: Anaheim (g), Detroit, Vancouver, Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh (g), Second Round: Pittsburgh, Detroit (g)

mkreku: 7-5 First Round: Detroit, Vancouver, Chicago, Boston (g), Washington (g), Pittsburgh (g), Second Round: Detroit

Kor Qel Droma: 6-6 First Round: Boston, Washington (g), Carolina (g), Vancouver, Chicago, Second Round: Pittsburgh (g)

Alanschu: 6-2 First Round: Detroit, Vancouver, Chicago (g), Boston (g), Washington, Pittsburgh Second Round: None*

Kelverin: 5-7 First Round: Anaheim, Detroit, Vancouver, Washington, Second Round: Pittsburgh

Deraldin: 5-7 First Round: Boston, Washington, Carolina, Vancouver, Second Round: Detroit

Hurlshot: 4-8 First Round: Detroit, Boston, Washington (g), Second Round: Carolina (g)

Krookie: 1-0 First Round: None* Second Round: Pittsburgh

*Did not participate.

Two changes from the first round. Volo has moved into the top spot while Alan dropped to 4th on the number of games tiebreaker. The rest is unchanged.

Edited by Deraldin

If it means anything my picks for the first round were chicago, boston, detroit, washington :aiee:

In any case.

Detroit > Chicago in 6

Pittsburgh > Carolina in 6

Edited by alanschu

PIT vs. CAR: I've bet against Carolina every time so far. And stupidly enough I'll do it again. Pittburgh in 6.

DET vs. CHI: Detroit doesn't exactly look unstoppable (7 games against Anaheim?!) but I think Chicago will run out of steam. Detroit in 6.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Pittsburgh vs Carolina: I'm 0-2 with Pittsburgh and 2-0 with Carolina. Carolina in 7!

Chicago vs Detroit: Once again I'm 0-2 with Chicago and 1-1 with Detroit, but this time I've gotta go with Chicago. They looked really good against Vancouver. Chicago in 6.

Yes, last night. For sure. Did you even read the article?

Crosby > malkin even if Malkin collects 10 points. Malkin would be a nobody on a non playoff team if it wasn't for Crosby.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yes, last night. For sure. Did you even read the article?

Crosby > malkin even if Malkin collects 10 points. Malkin would be a nobody on a non playoff team if it wasn't for Crosby.

Nope, I'd take a 10 point scorer over any defensive player any night, so that was a bit of an extreme exaggeration. But in all seriousness, how can you say "Malkin would be a nobody" when he lead the league in scoring (not on Crosby's line most of the time), and DOMINATING the league when Crosby was injured in the previous season?

EDIT: also, malkin and "non playoff team" don't belong in the same sentence

Edited by Krookie

Nice win by the Red Wings tonight. A 3-on-1 ended the overtime after only a couple of minutes. THANK GOD. I'm so tired I'm seeing little pucks everywhere.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"But in all seriousness, how can you say "Malkin would be a nobody" when he lead the league in scoring (not on Crosby's line most of the time),"

Much easier to get points when the otehr team has to play their best defenders, and lines against Crosby.

" and DOMINATING the league when Crosby was injured in the previous season? "

So dominating he didn't even win the Hart. And, Crosby wasn't injured the entire season.

Sorry, malkin is a good if not greta player but he is not as Crosby. Not even close.

This is why Crosby, and Ovechkin put on a show in the PIT-WSH series while Malkin played tiddlywinks as he's an afterthought.

I have no doubt in my mind if Crosby and Malkin were on sperate teams, Crosby's team would almost always outperform Malkin's team. No question about it (unless Malkin's team was stacked ala Detroit).

Also, no doubt in my mind if Malkin was on Washington and not Ovechkin, the Caps would be a much worse team.

You want to see domination? Watch how Ovechkin controls a game. Or watch what Crosby does. That is domination. Not throwing a lazy backhander at the net and the goalie letting a weak one in.

Edited by Volourn

"But in all seriousness, how can you say "Malkin would be a nobody" when he lead the league in scoring (not on Crosby's line most of the time),"

Much easier to get points when the otehr team has to play their best defenders, and lines against Crosby.

" and DOMINATING the league when Crosby was injured in the previous season? "

So dominating he didn't even win the Hart. And, Crosby wasn't injured the entire season.

Sorry, malkin is a good if not greta player but he is not as Crosby. Not even close.

This is why Crosby, and Ovechkin put on a show in the PIT-WSH series while Malkin played tiddlywinks as he's an afterthought.

I have no doubt in my mind if Crosby and Malkin were on sperate teams, Crosby's team would almost always outperform Malkin's team. No question about it (unless Malkin's team was stacked ala Detroit).

Also, no doubt in my mind if Malkin was on Washington and not Ovechkin, the Caps would be a much worse team.

You want to see domination? Watch how Ovechkin controls a game. Or watch what Crosby does. That is domination. Not throwing a lazy backhander at the net and the goalie letting a weak one in.

Alright Volourn keep telling yourself that and tuning out everything that doesn't agree with your opinions. Malkin = Crosby

That's why he had more points this year!

I'm not sure why Volourn is so keen on arguing about Malkin. I think he is doing so just for the sake of arguing. He did this with Shanahan too. It's silly, really, these guys are exceptional players, they put up numbers that very few players can. I have no idea why Volourn seems so keen on criticizing them. I consider all the guys in this thread friends, but I get the impression that Volourn does not share that opinion. That's a real bummer.

I'm not sure why Volourn is so keen on arguing about Malkin. I think he is doing so just for the sake of arguing. He did this with Shanahan too. It's silly, really, these guys are exceptional players, they put up numbers that very few players can. I have no idea why Volourn seems so keen on criticizing them. I consider all the guys in this thread friends, but I get the impression that Volourn does not share that opinion. That's a real bummer.

Yeah, he is just doing it to argue, all I said was "Malkin played better than Crosby" last game, which he did. Oh well.

Malkin > Crosby > Shanahan > Ovechkin

"Yeah, he is just doing it to argue"

Wrong, and all you do is take things personally while I try to discuss the actual hockey.

"Malkin > Crosby > Shanahan > Ovechkin"

This, of course, just proves you are just trolling for a reaction. That's cool.

Doesn't matter anyways. Pittsburgh is an awesome team and it's all because of Crosby. Malkin is just riding on his coattails. And, no matter how much you attack me personally and make it about me and not about hockey stuff isn't gonna change the actual hockey facts.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=423339&...vid=DL|NHL|Home

And, more and more people agree with me all the time. It's all about the Crosby. Malkin can win the Art Ross trophy all he wants since points seems to be the only thing he's good at. And, oh, also playing second fiddle too.

"Yeah, he is just doing it to argue"

Wrong, and all you do is take things personally while I try to discuss the actual hockey.

"Malkin > Crosby > Shanahan > Ovechkin"

This, of course, just proves you are just trolling for a reaction. That's cool.

Nope, that's actually an opinion, so relax there bud