NHL

In one hour, Mats Sundin is calling a press conference at Grand Hotel in Stockholm. What else could it be except retirement? This makes me sad.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Lol, I just read the judge residing over the Basille/ Coyotes deal ruled neither he nor the NHL should be allowed to buy the team."

better read again. He did no such thing in regards to the NHL. Nice try, though.

Oh, btw, Basille, apparantly gave up his pursuit. 'Bout time.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So according to the TSN article, he rejected both bids, but Basilles offer was turned down 'with prejudice'.

And you're right, Volo, the NHL is still in the game to buy the team. If they come up with a better offer that pays off more creditors.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Brendan Shanahan might be retiring. He's accomplished a ton, but it is still hard to see him go. He's been my favorite player since I started following hockey about 18 years ago.

He might still sign on with a team, he had 14 points in 34 games last year, so he still knows his way around the scoring sheet.

Brendan Shanahan might be retiring. He's accomplished a ton, but it is still hard to see him go. He's been my favorite player since I started following hockey about 18 years ago.

He might still sign on with a team, he had 14 points in 34 games last year, so he still knows his way around the scoring sheet.

He's worth keeping in the lineup just for the shootout. the guy's snapshot is still top notch.

When will the Leafs realize that Toskala just isn't good enough to be a starter? How many seasons do they need? Especially now when they have a young, hungry goalie waiting to make his mark in the NHL! God, it's annoying.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm very concerned about the Sharks defense this year. Vlasic was the worst player on the ice in the playoffs last year. I thought it might be an anomaly, he had a promising career up until then, but he looked pretty bad last night too. And Huskins looks bad, I don't understand why they gave him a $3 million contract before he even played a game. Basically we've got one stud in Boyle, one decent old guy in Blake, one hitter in Murray, and the rest look lost on the ice.

It is going to be a rough first twenty games.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Oilers this season. Sure, the only big name we added was 'Bulin, but there's going to have to be a lot better effort from the entire team (not including Souray and Visnosvky) if they have any hopes of making the playoffs.

Either way I'll still be rooting for them Saturday when they open the season against the Flamers.

G'Oilers!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Penguins are going to wind up back in the final four teams but I can't see them winning back-to-back years.

I think two more teams from that top grouping in the East played tonight.

Carolina may be the long shot out of the four, but the Flyers looked ready for the season.

Did I read right that Thomas Vokoun had 52 saves in Florida's victory over the 'Hawks?

And it's good to see Adam Oates back in the league!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif