NHL

Patrick Marleau scored his 300th and 301st career goals last night, and they've all been with the Sharks. I really hope they find a way to keep Marleau and Thornton over the next few prime years of their careers. He has a chance of getting 500 goals all with one club, and that is special in today's sports. Makes all those trade rumors sound crazy over the alst two years.

Patrick Marleau scored his 300th and 301st career goals last night, and they've all been with the Sharks. I really hope they find a way to keep Marleau and Thornton over the next few prime years of their careers. He has a chance of getting 500 goals all with one club, and that is special in today's sports. Makes all those trade rumors sound crazy over the alst two years.

I'm glad to see him prospering despite losing the C. Similar thing happened to Thornton in Boston didn't it? Marleau's be a favorite player of mine for a while, I'd like to see the Sharks keep him around. Although, can't say I wouldn't mind seeing him over here in New Jersey.

Hm, it seems to me that Marleau has been with the Sharks for.. forever already. 300 goals?

OK, I just checked it.. He's been with the Sharks for 12 seasons.

To put things in perspective: Ovechkin has been with the Caps for five years and has 244 goals so far. That's kind of impressive..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hm, it seems to me that Marleau has been with the Sharks for.. forever already. 300 goals?

OK, I just checked it.. He's been with the Sharks for 12 seasons.

To put things in perspective: Ovechkin has been with the Caps for five years and has 244 goals so far. That's kind of impressive..

That's not fair. Ovechkin is a goal scoring robot. He was built to score goals. Comparing anyone these days to him is going to have Ovechkin come out on top. :rolleyes:

Also, Canada picked up their second win at the world Juniors. 6-0 over Switzerland. TSN analysts were saying the first two goals probably shouldn't have counted.

Edited by Deraldin

Sweet jebus have the Oilers served up a steaming plate of crap since I posted last in here. I'm too scared to look if my team is dead last in the standings yet.

They aren't dead last... Just last in the west. Carolina is still below them overall.

What the hell are you doing here? Get back to CoD:MW2!

What makes you sure I'm not in between matches right now?

It's nice to see Ziggy Palffy and Miro Satan get the call for Slovakia in the upcoming Olympics.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Lecavilier and St. Louis left off the Canadian team roster, pretty shocking IMO

Lecavilier is having a pretty rough season so far, and St. Louis hasn't been big time for a couple years now.

edit: You know, I just checked the stats, and St. Louis is still putting up a lot of points. Maybe it's the ugly +/- rating?

Edited by Hurlshot

Lecavilier and St. Louis left off the Canadian team roster, pretty shocking IMO

Lecavilier is having a pretty rough season so far, and St. Louis hasn't been big time for a couple years now.

edit: You know, I just checked the stats, and St. Louis is still putting up a lot of points. Maybe it's the ugly +/- rating?

I'd still rather have Lecavalier than Richards. He's having an off year for himself, but he's still on pace for almost 80 points. The only other player I'm a little iffy on is Brenden Morrow. Maybe it's because I haven't seen him play, although I'm not sure who I'd replace him with. I'd be tempted to grab Ryan Smyth to replace him at left wing though.

Edited by Deraldin

Morrow is a valid choice. Sure, he may not be an offensive dynamo like the rest of the selected players, but he's one gritty mofo who will most likely be doing most of the nasty work for team Canada.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm just disappointed that Mike Fisher didn't make the team. :ermm:

Edit: Geez, Doan has been on just about every single Canadian team for international competition since '03. Only year he missed was '06, but he made up for that by being on the Olympic team.

Edited by Deraldin

Here is an interesting blog about the 'b' team that the Canadians could ice.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see St.Louis, Lecavalier, Boyle and Brad Richards team up again on the power play. They had a lot of magic in Tampa Bay.

Richards is having a decent comeback season in Dallas after being/playing hurt for the better part of the last two seasons.

But when you've got Crosby and Thornton as your top two centers and about four other players who can excel at the position I guess some tough choices have to be made.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The Sedin twins are looking mighty impressive right now.. just in time for the Olympics! I just wish they had put Hedman on the roster too. And why Modin and not Samuelsson?! Annoying.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Terrigno said 45 people ordered off the menu and their total bill came to $14,234.23, including $677.98 for GST. The restaurant usually adds an automatic 18 per cent gratuity for a large group, which would bring the total to $16,796.39."

He's just as bad as they are. 'auto gratuity'. Lmfao

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's pretty standard in restaurants for parties over 8. Pushing out food for a party of 45 is much more difficult than pushing out food for a party of four. It requires more attention from the cooking and the wait staff. Also, I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US waiters are actually taxed on the tips, so there is some expectation there.

Have you ever worked in a restaurant Volo?

That's pretty standard in restaurants for parties over 8. Pushing out food for a party of 45 is much more difficult than pushing out food for a party of four. It requires more attention from the cooking and the wait staff. Also, I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US waiters are actually taxed on the tips, so there is some expectation there.

Have you ever worked in a restaurant Volo?

Or been to one?

"That's pretty standard in restaurants for parties over 8. Pushing out food for a party of 45 is much more difficult than pushing out food for a party of four. It requires more attention from the cooking and the wait staff. Also, I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US waiters are actually taxed on the tips, so there is some expectation there.

Have you ever worked in a restaurant Volo?"

\

Not only that, but I *am* working at one. I know exactly how restuarants work. That doesn't mean I approve. 'Expecations' are the key. It's garbage. Plain, and simple.

Knowing how something works doesn't mean you approve it or fin dit acceptable. Tipping should be just that tipping - A BONUS FOR GOOD WORK. NOTM ACTUAL SALARY. That's the restuarant owner's taking advantage of their employees and customers.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.