NHL

Woohoo, huge that they got Heatley without giving up Marleau. I hope Cheechoo is able to thrive in Ottawa a bit, after 50 and 35 goal seasons, the expectations were just too high for him in SJ. I think he can be a solid 20 goal guy if he stays healthy. Michalek is another 20-30 goal guy, might be even better in a couple years.

I think it'll be really interesting to watch the top line for the Sharks this year. They're going to score a bunch, for sure.

But be warned, Hurlshot. Heatley my score forty goals, but he'll also watch twenty go in because he's too lazy to backcheck.

Needless to say, I'm totally picking Thornton, Heatley, and Setoguchi in my hockey pool.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"but he'll also watch twenty go in because he's too lazy to backcheck."

Nah. Simply not true.

Sharks are gonna be awesome. And, Heatley is a proven playoff perform so this 'choking' nonsense should be stopped for the Sharks this season. They get to the 3rd round for sure (unless they get stuck with Detroit earlier which is bublikely unless DET gets lazy during RS).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Kessel to Leafs: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291601

I do like this move, but.. giving up several first round draft picks again? Isn't this how we ended up in this miserable situation in the first place? Still, getting a goal scorer was sorely needed. If only we had a captain too..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I watched a bit of the game online last night. Definitely weird seeing Comrie in an Oiler uniform again.

Someone should tell Celine Dion Phaneuf that he's a lock to make the Flames this year. He isn't impressing anyone by injuring dudes in the preseason.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"He isn't impressing anyone"

Got proof of this?

Are people generally impressed when a player injures another during preseason? I guess he could remove the pre from season, but it seems like a pretty safe statement from Kor there.

I think these things through too much. No matter what you say, Volo is going to argue with it. I suspect he would have less of a problem if "anyone" was changed to "most people" or "very few people", but I doubt he'd be fully satisfied unless someone actually comes up with some real proof no matter how much we think the general hockey audience isn't impressed by concussing an opposing player in the pre-season.

Also: Montreal got thumped 6-1 tonight. :lol:

Edited by Deraldin

I know, I tried to argue with the Vologic, but couldn't come up with a decent reply.

His point is valid.

I can't even argue it was a dirty hit. Cheap? Possibly.

It just seemed...unnecessary for a preseason game.

Will a hit like that get Phaneuf a better spot in the line-up? No. His job is secure.

Celine reminds me of Scott Stevens in some ways. If there's a chance to flatten someone who's vulnerable, they'll take it.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"I remember seeing Mike Peca, when he was an Oiler, skating around and tapping people that had their heads down instead of hitting them. The more veteran players tend to not bowl people over, even though Peca more than had the ability to."

Most veteran players do not do that. I don't recall Peca doing that, but if he did, he was a rare breed.

As for 'more veteran players' tell that to guys Pronger, Stevens, Messier,, Howe, and 100s more. L0LZ

Edited by Volourn

What a save by The Monster in the 3rd period on a 2-0 break, to preserve the 2-1 lead for the buds. If this keeps up, and I am hoping it does, then I can only feel bad for Vesa.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

And I know that, despite the stellar play by youngsters St

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

So, that's it? All that hoopla, and he's already throwing in the towel because one team are scumbag morons? By alla ccounts he played great yet they throw him in the trash? It's obvious that the Flames only signed him to get some media attention and had absolutely no intention of keeping him on the roster. And, now, the little punk is quitting? Meh.

Plus, he's really, really broke. I read somewhere that he made less than I did the last three years!

Hopefully he does something positive with his life, and can stay on the wagon.

Wow, this season starts thursday.

I smell pre season predictions coming up!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif