NHL

It could be a pretty explosive rental for New Jersey in the playoffs this year. I can't see Lou from Jersey offering the kind of money Atlanta did.

Now that I think about it, do you think Kovalchuk might not be too popular with Jacques Lemaire?

Interesting...

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Im doubt Kolvachulk will care if the coach likes him or not. I doubt he'll be in Jersey next season anyways 'cause as you mentioned, no way Lamarillo will pay him even remotely close to what NJ is offering. He'll be on the Rangers or some other team that doesn't shy away from spending big bucks.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Kovalchuk wants the maximum amount a player can be paid, something like 11.5 million a season. That's going to scare away a lot of teams.

So he's going to the Islanders then? :thumbsup:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Now THAT's how you lose a hockeygame: lead 3 to 1 with three minutes left and when the game is over you're down 4 to 3! Classic Leaf meltdown.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

O RLY? It's all over hockeya rticle comments - espicially if you read any sort of argument about who is betetr or why between ovechkin, crosby, malkin, or even datysuk.

Hear stupid comments like 'ovechkin only scores a lot because he shoots alot', 'he can't pass worth beans', 'he is so one dimensional', blah, blah, blah.

The delusional things you read are hilarious 9welcome to the internet circa any time it existed).

Just look at that one highlight. Ovechkin makes 3 perfect passes that if he couldn't do that goal would not occur. Heck, on the final pass, it was such a touch pass that it was obvious he had every intetion of passing it back long before.

Yet, people complain that Ovechkin is a one dimensional shooter. LMAO

No, he is a bulldozer too:

That's 250lbs Hal Gill he slams into the ice! Gill used to play for my Leafs. Trust me, the guy is soft, but he's huge.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, Edmonton manages to shut out the Devils. And win consecutive games for the first time, since, well, I can't even remember the last two game winning streak....

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Wow, Edmonton manages to shut out the Devils. And win consecutive games for the first time, since, well, I can't even remember the last two game winning streak....

Woo! Go Edmonton! See if you can make that three games!

Also, take that Obsidian Devs! Montreal comes back to win from being down 3-0 to Anaheim!

At least I can trust my Leafs to continue to suck while YOUR teams are being inconsistent!

Hey, you got the win over Ottawa last night! What more do you want? :(

At this point, for the Leafs to somehow string together enough points to get out of a lottery pick at the draft. Other than that, yes, wins against Ottawa are the sunny days in a long grey winter.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what to think about the latest Ovechkin suspension. I thought the actual hit (shove?) wasn't so bad. What made it bad was that Campbell's skate got stuck in the ice and he fell awkwardly and was injured. But on the other hand, Ovechkin needs to start showing more respect to the other players. I mean, I love his force of nature style and his physical play, but there's a limit you can not cross and he has done it so many times. Especially the Briere incident (if anyone remembers that one).

Fantastic player, with a unique intensity that I really don't want him to lose. I just wish he'd show more respect and class on the ice.

I think the suspension is about right. It wasn't a particularly bad hit, but guys need to be more careful around the boards. About a week ago another player got a 3 game suspension for a very similar hit, so they are being consistent whether it is a superstar or a grinder.

"so they are being consistent"

Consistently wrong, and foolish. They suspend Avery for multiple games for saying not so nice people but let players cripple each other with no or very little punishment. That's pathetic.

As for Ovechkin's hit, that kinda hit occurs ALL THE TIME in the NHL with nothing said about it.. but someone got unlucky and suffered an unfortunate injury, and now Ovechkin is evil and a 'headhunter'. Whatever.

"I mean, I love his force of nature style and his physical play, but there's a limit you can not cross and he has done it so many times."

I agree that he does go overboard at time. Needs to one it down just a tad and not be so ecitable.

"I just wish he'd show more respect and class on the ice."

Wrong he does this. He shows respect for the game byu trying his best at all times, and does show class. He doesn't try to injure people, and plays the game ahrd like it's meant to be played. *shrug*

Edited by Volourn

"so they are being consistent"

Consistently wrong, and foolish. They suspend Avery for multiple games for saying not so nice people but let players cripple each other with no or very little punishment. That's pathetic.

As for Ovechkin's hit, that kinda hit occurs ALL THE TIME in the NHL with nothing said about it.. but someone got unlucky and suffered an unfortunate injury, and now Ovechkin is evil and a 'headhunter'. Whatever.

"I mean, I love his force of nature style and his physical play, but there's a limit you can not cross and he has done it so many times."

I agree that he does go overboard at time. Needs to one it down just a tad and not be so ecitable.

"I just wish he'd show more respect and class on the ice."

Wrong he does this. He shows respect for the game byu trying his best at all times, and does show class. He doesn't try to injure people, and plays the game ahrd like it's meant to be played. *shrug*

All Ovechkin has to do in this situation is take one more step and go shoulder to shoulder, or not hit all. Zach Parise got absolutely demolished in a similar hit at the last Devils game, but the difference was the guy got under his shoulder rather than shoving from behind.

I think the suspension is about right. It wasn't a particularly bad hit, but guys need to be more careful around the boards. About a week ago another player got a 3 game suspension for a very similar hit, so they are being consistent whether it is a superstar or a grinder.

Maxime Lapierre (Montreal Canadien) got 4 games for almost the same hit.