NHL

That's what the Flames get for firing Keenan after just one season. Doofuses. When you ahve the great players they have you should never downgrade your coaching. Ridiculous.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wonder if the GM Sutter will fire his brother / coach Sutter. That would make for some awkward family reunions, no?

I think the latest rumours were more about GM Sutter being fired, rather than Coach Sutter.

I wonder if the GM Sutter will fire his brother / coach Sutter. That would make for some awkward family reunions, no?

I think the latest rumours were more about GM Sutter being fired, rather than Coach Sutter.

I imagine the two would go hand in hand. Still seems like a bit quick on the gun, it's a competitive squad that barely missed the post-season. Given that they made a few big trades recently, I would think they would give it another season before a wholesale housecleaning.

I think my valiant Leafs just (basically) eliminated the Canadiens >_<

I think you need to double check the standings. :p

The Leafs needed to beat my Habs in regulation to have a shot at knocking out Montreal. Even with a loss, Montreal would only have been knocked out if Philly lost to New York in OT tomorrow.

Also, I can't wait to see the comments on this game from all the Halak fans that have been booing Price all season for losing when Montreal can't score. They would have been all over the goalie if it had been Price that let in the first goal.

Edited by Deraldin

Damnit! I didn't check at all, I just thought I had read somewhere that Montreal needed 89 points to get the last spot and that we stole one.. I was kind of drunk when I wrote that post though.

Anyhow, here's a little Sedin magic to make up for it:

Goal of the year?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That was impressive.

I'm still shocked that Sedin will win the scoring race this season.

It's the last day of our hockey pool. I had a strong day yesterday ( god bless you, Thomas Vanek!) and sit a mere one point behind the leader. I have less skaters playing than he does, but it's always fun to hope for a miracle.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Anyhow, here's a little Sedin magic to make up for it:

Goal of the year?

There was a lot of Sedin magic in that game, it was nuts. Did you see Bieksa after his second goal went in? He looked so disappointed that Henrik didn't get his 5th assist with that goal.

Also, Ovechkin was held pointless today in a shootout loss to Boston so Sedin has the Art Ross all wrapped up unless Crosby somehow manages an 8 point night.

Sid could still win the Richard trophy for most goals, although I wouldn't be suprised if Stamkos pulled out a hat trick today. That kid is pretty dynamic for a second year pro.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Sid could still win the Richard trophy for most goals, although I wouldn't be suprised if Stamkos pulled out a hat trick today. That kid is pretty dynamic for a second year pro.

I gotta pull for Stamkos for the Richard. It doesn't make up for being left off the Olympic team, but it would be a good start. :lol:

"I'm still shocked that Sedin will win the scoring race this season."

I'm nto. Easier to win the AR when you play a decent amount more games than your closest competitor.

None of these races would be even close if Ovechkin played a full schedule since he's better than all of them.

Grats to Sedin for your tainted, semi deserved Art Ross trophy. We all know that's it's truly Ovechkin's.

All it would mean is they get beat by the Caps. *shrug* I don't wnat the Ranegrs to eb successful until they fire their peice ofm crap coach and GM, get rid of that punk Drury, and beg Jagr to come back afetr they spit in his face as they've been going down hill ever since.

Thank god for Lundqvist, Avery, and Gaborik.

Well, Hurlshot, it looks like you got your wish.

And I know it's not the playoffs yet, but it just seems wrong to have a five minute overtime / shootout for game 82, especially with so much at stake in the Rangers / Flyers game.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Grats to Sedin for your tainted, semi deserved Art Ross trophy. We all know that's it's truly Ovechkin's.

Sedin matched Ovechkin's most points in a season, so I don't know how it is tainted. He had a great year, as did Ovechkin. Why do you feel the need to belittle his accomplishment?

Rangers lose in the shootout. Lundqvist was clutch all game but couldn't handle the pressure I guess. Gaborik couldn't score in regulation. he's also anti-clutch, and now that Drury is on the down end of his career they have no one to score in big games.

Philly threw everything but the kitchen sink at Lundqvist today.

So far, I have a one point lead in my pool. I need another big game from the Sabres today, and hopefully a shutout for Edmonton tonight.

edit: and it looks like Crosby is hungry for some trophies this year! Five points so far against the Islanders!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"Sedin matched Ovechkin's most points in a season, so I don't know how it is tainted. He had a great year, as did Ovechkin. Why do you feel the need to belittle his accomplishment?"

Why do you feel the ened to belittle Ovechkin and the fact that he's the best point and goal producer int he NHL and all things considered equal he would have both the Art Ross and Maurice Richard trophies going away? Why belittle his accomplishments? Are yout ry to taint his great skill?

The bottom line is as great a seaosn as Sedin has had and while he will get credit for the AR in the history books, Ovechkin had the better offensive season. *shrug*

"now that Drury is on the down end of his career they have no one to score in big games."

Drury hans't been clutch for eyars 0- not since the Rangers overpaid him and he was happy to count his money.

"Lundqvist was clutch all game but couldn't handle the pressure I guess. "

One of the most ignorant things to say about a Gold Medal winner, and the main reason wnhy Ny even had a chance.

"Gaborik couldn't score in regulation. he's also anti-clutch,"

More crap by someone who doesn't know what he's posting about about. If it wasn't for Gaborik's clutch goal in the last game, this agme would ehav menaingless. But, hey, I guess one player has to do the work of many. LMAO

Rangers lost ebcause they have a horrible GM, a horrible coach, a horrible captain, an injuredAvery, and no Jagr. Period. Plyus, Philly is simply the better team. It's that simple.

"Sedin matched Ovechkin's most points in a season, so I don't know how it is tainted. He had a great year, as did Ovechkin. Why do you feel the need to belittle his accomplishment?"

Why do you feel the ened to belittle Ovechkin and the fact that he's the best point and goal producer int he NHL and all things considered equal he would have both the Art Ross and Maurice Richard trophies going away? Why belittle his accomplishments? Are yout ry to taint his great skill?

The bottom line is as great a seaosn as Sedin has had and while he will get credit for the AR in the history books, Ovechkin had the better offensive season. *shrug*

"now that Drury is on the down end of his career they have no one to score in big games."

Drury hans't been clutch for eyars 0- not since the Rangers overpaid him and he was happy to count his money.

"Lundqvist was clutch all game but couldn't handle the pressure I guess. "

One of the most ignorant things to say about a Gold Medal winner, and the main reason wnhy Ny even had a chance.

"Gaborik couldn't score in regulation. he's also anti-clutch,"

More crap by someone who doesn't know what he's posting about about. If it wasn't for Gaborik's clutch goal in the last game, this agme would ehav menaingless. But, hey, I guess one player has to do the work of many. LMAO

Rangers lost ebcause they have a horrible GM, a horrible coach, a horrible captain, an injuredAvery, and no Jagr. Period. Plyus, Philly is simply the better team. It's that simple.

Trolled.

Also, Lundqvist sucked in the shootout. He wasn't clutch. Fact. Also, if Gaborik was clutch he would have scored. If Drury was Gaborki's age, he would have scored. Times are different. Rangers should have gotten someone who could control a game after Jagr left. But they didn't. They got Gaborik. A frail scorer who is nothing more than a wrist shot. He has no grit, like other all stars (and clutch performers) like Crosby and Ovechkin.

Rangers got SO lucky that he managed to stay healthy the whole year.

Edited by Krookie

You read an awful lot into my statement that Ovechkin had a great year.

This is also why the Hart trophy exists. Ovechkin is great, he would likely get my vote for MVP. But the Art Ross is based on points and Sedin had a great season to wrap that award up.

You are actually the only one bashing players here (well, other than the funny bait job that Krookie is doing.)

Sedin got the Art Ross, Crosby/Stamkos share the Richard trophy and Ovechkin gets.. nothing?! Well, maybe the MVP.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!