Obsidian's another unannounced title?

funcroc

It's when it comes to that secret project and the fact that it could be a collaboration with SE that I remember that funcroc isn't a bot :lol: That's the only subject on which he makes some comments and shows some curiosity instead of just dropping the news. Anyways, I hope we will know what this is all about soon...

It certainly looks like Square Enix and Obsidian are collaborating, though it's still too early to link this collaboration with the secret Square project.

My personal hope is that it's another IP since Obsidian desperately needs to step out of Bioware's shadow (not that I'm unhappy they're working on the Fallout franchise, and they definitely deserve to considering their past, but it's still a sequel/spin-off to someone else's IP).

I also hope it's not medieval fantasy.

It has to be the FFVII remake. :bat:

Or a sequel, with AERIS waking up all alone in a mortuary discovering that she's the only one of the old party alive and has a talking Chocobo with a drug addiction problem as a partner!

Also, the combat system will now involve the use of cover and you will have to possibility of choosing your approach between melee, stealth and magic (the equivalent of guns in a shooter for simplicity's sake, yeaaaah!).

No dialogue skills and actually no choices at all and an outdated graphic engine on top of that.

I'm just bored.

It has to be the FFVII remake. :bat:

Or a sequel, with AERIS waking up all alone in a mortuary discovering that she's the only one of the old party alive and has a talking Chocobo with a drug addiction problem as a partner!

Also, the combat system will now involve the use of cover and you will have to possibility of choosing your approach between melee, stealth and magic (the equivalent of guns in a shooter for simplicity's sake, yeaaaah!).

No dialogue skills and actually no choices at all and an outdated graphic engine on top of that.

I'm just bored.

Give the chocobo a hood and Aerith a splinter of Sephiroth' sword and I'm sold.

It has to be the FFVII remake. :(

That would be fun. If only because of the reaction of all the fans. Be they fans of Final Fantasy, of Obsidian, of Square Enix, of JRPGs, of WRPGs, it would rage from everywhere :lol:

It has to be the FFVII remake. :(

That would be fun. If only because of the reaction of all the fans. Be they fans of Final Fantasy, of Obsidian, of Square Enix, of JRPGs, of WRPGs, it would rage from everywhere :lol:

Imagine it: an astronaut wakes up one day, looks out at Earth and sees it glowing red from all the manifested RAGE.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Imagine it: an astronaut wakes up one day, looks out at Earth and sees it glowing red from all the manifested RAGE.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Since when are nuclear holocausts awesome?

Since Fallout was made.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Since when are nuclear holocausts awesome?

Since Fallout was made.

Nope, in

Fallout

it's the post-nuclear that's awesome.

Anyway, I just want to gently remind Obsids that I'd like to know what this new project thing is.

I still hope it's not Final Fantasy. Never played that series, so some sequel number 32 would just make me all confused :/

I really hope so. I actually doubt it will be Final Fantasy anyway, it's not like Square Enix owns only that IP and has never published anything else.

A sequel in the Chrono Trigger franchise would own.

But I doubt it's anything like that, I think it's a new/ relatively unknown IP (like Valkyrie Profile) or a FF spinoff.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I really really hope it's not another spin-off. Alternatively if it's a new spin-off/sequel I hope it isn't Obsidian.

And Chrono Trigger had a perfectly fine ending (I didn't play Chrono Cross, and maybe it was an awesome game but what I've read on the plot bordered on the nonsensical), why ruin it with a sequel?

what's stopping you? ;)

Because SE's unannounced project is shocking and looking kick-ass and sweet. It cannot be Obsidian's. ;)

The shocking announced game... ANNOUNCED.

It's not Obsidian's and it's not even interesting. Meh.

Well, IMO Obsidian's other unannounced project now becomes more interesting :)

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"