Nuke it!

Gfted1

I nuked Sydney. Interesting, I thought the area covered would be a lot more. The Tsar Bomba seems to be the only bomb that does significant damage.

I agree, although I wonder what the damage would be over time, after radiation storms and such.

My town is so small that even a 140KT nuke will obliterate it :sorcerer:

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wow. Tsar Bomba could completely remove Montreal from the map, and not from radiation, from actual shockwave damage.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The 21kt won't cover my city, but a 140kt would obliterate my city and several of it's popular surrounding cities (including some of the richest, like Atherton...) as well.

Our Mid-Peninsula area is one of those places where you have many small-medium towns/cities clustered together that most people think of as a large whole.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I nuked Sydney. Interesting, I thought the area covered would be a lot more. The Tsar Bomba seems to be the only bomb that does significant damage.

I agree, although I wonder what the damage would be over time, after radiation storms and such.

Initial casualties in Nakasaki 39,000, Hiroshima 140,000 due to the firestorms, and that was the smallest device used. Total secondary effects due to radiation damage and subsequent cancer increase not known.

The blast area does look very small, I would have my windows blown out if I happened to be inside I might survive, although it would be a good idea not to be downwind of the particle cloud.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Fortunately, everything else except the Hiroshima payload would reduce my town to burnt post-apocalyptic husks.

As for my uni, well, Tsar Bomba seems to do the trick, heh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

They can use it to track Santa.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

the tesla bomb catches me barely. everything else I'd be able to see the fireworks from the nearest hill.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Tsar Bomba"

Pay at least some respect to the world's biggest bomb. I mean, other than Hades.

They might as well have built it out of straw for all the good it's going to do.

immaterial, it is still a large base and a fairly secure one with the sole exception being large, well targeted ICBMs. nobody is really sure how accurate soviet missiles are at this range, either. NORAD is mostly on standby now anyway, but it is still a good target.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I live in London, which is a pretty big place. Yes the 50 megaton effort destroys it fairly comprehensively, with the tertiary effects covering the entire M25 (the orbital motorway, most of which isn't actually in London).

OTOH, Little Boy, at a mere 15 KT, only zaps Westminster and a few outlying areas. I'd probably be faraway enough to see the mushroom cloud and catch radiation sickness.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I live close to DC, yet only the Tsar Bomb would obliterate out to where I live. Hell, it would almost reach Baltimore, and that's just the thermal damage!

And yeah...damned asteroids.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

If the nearest big city was bombed, I'd be in the outer damage circle at Mk28; I'm in the second inner ring with a Tsar Bomba, in the initial blast radius with a B61 and an Asteroid impact takes out the entire state.

IIRC a physics professor said that the radiation from the smallest bombs would still probably kill us where we lived.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man