Mass Effect 2 Teaser Trailer

neckthrough

Don't we all just love circular argumentation?

... do we have to bring this up Hurlshot? :sorcerer:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I notice Pop's theory on changes to the character skill/level up method, and I'd be all for that.

... do we have to bring this up Hurlshot? :sorcerer:

Yeah Hurlshot. That conversation will go nowhere. Wouldn't you rather argue with Volo on whether EA is developing Mass Effect 2 or not? :sorcerer:

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I notice Pop's theory on changes to the character skill/level up method, and I'd be all for that.

... do we have to bring this up Hurlshot? :p

Yeah Hurlshot. That conversation will go nowhere. Wouldn't you rather argue with Volo on whether EA is developing Mass Effect 2 or not? :)

Clearly Volo is more entertaining.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guys... don't get them started again! :)

I don't care about the ME franchise, yet I would still rather read about that (ME2).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Um, Wrath of Dagon, why are you in this thread? You have railed against ME numerous times. Why would you bother with ME2?
Do I need your permission? There's still a 20% chance ME2 might be good, and sometimes I like to talk about bad games and why they're bad, not just good ones.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Um, Wrath of Dagon, why are you in this thread? You have railed against ME numerous times. Why would you bother with ME2?
Do I need your permission? There's still a 20% chance ME2 might be good, and sometimes I like to talk about bad games and why they're bad, not just good ones.

Except you keep saying that the same things are bad in one game and good in another when they do the EXACT SAME THING in both.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Looks nice and evocative, but I don't trust Bioware's misleading marketing hype.

1) is impossible to reasonably claim a game is over-hyped until After game is released and you has actually played game.

2) have not heard any biowarian hype for me2 as yet.

3) bioware shares info relative freely with fans, which makes 'em more vulnerable to the over-hype claims.

point 1 should be self-evident.

bioware hasn't really said much o' anything 'bout me2 as far as Gromnir can tell... is one reason why the teaser has created some uproar. absence o' biowarian input 'bout a game in development is actually pretty rare.

biowarians gets themselves in trouble frequently 'cause they share with fans. in bg2 there weren't no large-scale battles like biowarians said there would be. bastards. sure, stuff always gets cut and/or altered during development, but fans such as Gromnir has very long memories, and we will remind biowarians of every failed promise.

how many things that we thought were gonna be in DA has already been cut? numerous origin options and the necromancer-taking-over-the-world feature? should go up to kanada and lynch us some lying biowarians.

typical publisher /developer puffery not bother Gromnir any more than does laundry detergent adverts that claim "New and Improved!" the only genuine marketing stuff from bio that has bothered Gromnir is the ridiculous claims 'bout that inane dialogue wheel "innovation." and even then, ain't so much the biowarian claims that bothered us so much as it were the critics and fans that simply accepted the "innovation" hokum. is maybe a slight different approach to dialogues, but is nothing 'bout it that offered genuine innovative gameplay.

am also bothered by how some o' the current bio board monkeys wanna rewrite history, but am not sure if we considers that to be misleading advertising.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Which is not to deny BioWare's problems with the visual aesthetics of their games. I suspect Diablo III will be more visually evoctive than ME 2.

What are you talking about? ME had really tight art direction, everything looked like they wanted it to. Sure, the style is a big funky but you dont order porkchops and expect cake.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I agree, I thought they had their visual feel and influences down pretty nicely. Even better than Jade Empire, which was game I personally liked to play just to enjoy the sights(minus the odd skeletons on some models, wtf).

As for the teaser, meh. I didn't feel anything for Shephard, so this video doesn't really amount to anything. To be honest, I hope they have a more memorable and less "realistic" cast in the next game, some of them felt like I was talking to previous co-workers rather than the quirky and nerdy flair Bioware usually goes for. It's not something I want from an epic space opera. I might in the minority, but I think that flair is an asset for their game, IF they have some actual depth to go along with it. Not a Jade Empire disaster, like Black Whirlwind or Henpecked Ho. Not outright goofyness, but that special something that comes with being a party member.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well the teaser could really go anywhere and mean anything. I do hope that Sheppard isn't dead just simply because the idea of the game series was presented as being Sheppard's story with an implication of us playing that character through the three games being fairly strong.

But plans change, so I'll wait and see.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's also a fairly straight forward marketing stunt - it's an easy way of ensuring that the fans dicuss and hype the game.

Then they can always change the plans and say that he was assumed KIA.

Fortune favors the bald.

It was a really dumn PR stunt though, I bet there are quite a few kids out there who are pissed off enough to wish for another christmas game.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It was a really dumn PR stunt though, I bet there are quite a few kids out there who are pissed off enough to wish for another christmas game.

By the time it comes out, I'm sure anyone outraged at this trailer will have heard about what is/isn't happening to Sheppard in the game.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I just hope Wrex survives. Possibly the only character I cared about.

Another idea they could do is that you play Sheppard son (or daughter) of Sheppard.

But I think you'll be playing Sheppard.

Another idea they could do is that you play Sheppard son (or daughter) of Sheppard.

But from which mother? an Asarii girl from Liara, or a Human child from Ashley or a Human from Kaiden?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But from which mother? an Asarii girl from Liara, or a Human child from Ashley or a Human from Kaiden?

Liara. That is the ony romance that both sexes could do. o:)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well I'm thinking a bit of Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom here where your child was based on whichever union was picked.

That game gives your character two romance options at the end of the first third with the second third picking up with the Son of whichever union you took (and then the same for the third generation). The character picks up certain traits from the parents making each slightly different.

So in theory they could give you either a Human or Asarii during character creation with perhaps certain "extras" offered to the child based on who the Sheppard was (for example being able to create an adept who can use Sniper Rifles if your ME-Sheppard was a Soldier)

Not saying this is the way they will do it, but it could be a way to kill Sheppard, but have a main character (1st level!) who is tied to Sheppard.

Edited by Amentep