What are you playing now?

Gorth

I played Heavenly Sword for PS3. It was short but sweet, I finished it in s sittings. I enjoyed the cinematic feel the game had, although since Andy Serkis provided his voice and likeness for the main villain I kept on seeing Smeagol in my head. I can't say the combat was particularly deep, but it was flashy and entertaining enough. There were a lot of combos available but button mashing seemed to get the job done just as well. There were some fun boss battles, the last one feeling particularly epic as it took place in the middle of a battlefield with hundreds of soldiers onscreen being blown back by attacks from the pro and antagonist.

I think my favorite part were the cannon and arrow sections. There is a cool little feature where you can guide your projectile after you launch it to its target. Of course immature person that I am, I immediately went for groin shots and giggled along with the character everytime it hit. Actually, I would have been content just playing the cannon section where you're shooting cannonballs at the advancing army.

Overall good game. I might buy it later on for my collection when the price goes down. I want to play the cannon sections again.

Most of the good mods (or at least, the ones I like) like CORE are not really game- altering mods, but mods that add more realism by correcting small mistakes. Even though I appreciate the hard work behind these mods, they're not really for people who are into HoI but rather people who are into WW2 and history.

Yeah, and the point of having Meretskov as your CoS is that your soldiers will fight more with than their Org. level and regain whould otherwise allow. If your intent is to win a war of attrition you'll need your men to fight the enemy constantly, and reinforce them well so that you gain the full advantage of your manpower. Sure, Shaposhnikov makes sense as a peace- time CoS, and Rokossovsky makes sense as a late- game CoS (tanks), but Meretskov is what you'll need when you fight Germany. Also, I've never been out of manpower with the SU myself, so you shouldn't worry about that.

Good to know, I find it hard to find good advice on the web, so thanks for taking the time (paradoxplaza is filled with irrelevant info and the mods have absolutely no description.. I like to know exactly what changes the mods make).

Fortune favors the bald.

MLB 09 The Show - This game really has its hooks in me. The duels I've had with pitchers have been phenomenal. Sometimes I get the pitch count up to 8 or 9 and I have to pause and wipe the sweat off my palms. My skills are good enough for the majors, but the Giants don't have room for me. That's alright though, I'm enjoying playing for my AAA team in Fresno. We just swept our first round series in the playoffs. I went 0-4 in the first game, but the 2nd game I went 2-4 with an RBI and then in the third game I caught on fire, going 5-5 with a homer and 3 RBI's. I'll start the next series tonight hopefully.

I've been batting around .400 all season long, but I missed two months with a fractured shin, so that was a bit of a setback. I need to spend more points on durability. After the playoffs end for AAA, it should be a busy off season. My contract is up, but I've already told the Giants I would like to stay on with them. I'm pretty sure I have a good shot at making the Show, but I'll need to play well during spring training.

Still Mount & Blade, when I have a moment.

My character is developing a "crush" on King Harlaus. Must be all the "You're awesome" compliments he gives out. This game needs an option to become the Queen. Hahaha

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My character is developing a "crush" on King Harlaus. Must be all the "You're awesome" compliments he gives out. This game needs an option to become the Queen. Hahaha

For real? I didn't know that was possible... heh

Fortune favors the bald.

For real? I didn't know that was possible... heh

What, developing a crush? No, it's not in the game. I make up a story for myself in my head as I go along, which I'm finding a lot more fun than having one pre-made for me.

There's a rpgforum thread called "Let's Play...Mount & Blade" that I read that's the perfect example of this. It makes good reading, if you're familiar with the game anyway I guess. It's 20 pages long from all the replies, but you can just read the posts with the screenies, which are the "story" posts from the person playing. One of the best "let's play" type of threads ever, imo. The person has a great imagination and simple but fun story-telling style.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=431317

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

MLB 09 The Show - This game really has its hooks in me. The duels I've had with pitchers have been phenomenal. Sometimes I get the pitch count up to 8 or 9 and I have to pause and wipe the sweat off my palms. My skills are good enough for the majors, but the Giants don't have room for me. That's alright though, I'm enjoying playing for my AAA team in Fresno. We just swept our first round series in the playoffs. I went 0-4 in the first game, but the 2nd game I went 2-4 with an RBI and then in the third game I caught on fire, going 5-5 with a homer and 3 RBI's. I'll start the next series tonight hopefully.

I've been batting around .400 all season long, but I missed two months with a fractured shin, so that was a bit of a setback. I need to spend more points on durability. After the playoffs end for AAA, it should be a busy off season. My contract is up, but I've already told the Giants I would like to stay on with them. I'm pretty sure I have a good shot at making the Show, but I'll need to play well during spring training.

Are you still playing Lotro? Looks like you've been 58 for a while. :)

I just went back and moved from Brandywine to Windfola to hook up with a couple of friends.

I just went back and moved from Brandywine to Windfola to hook up with a couple of friends.

I detest hitting the level cap, so I'm trying to milk the last couple levels for a few months. They did release that new content area that I want to explore, but I'm on a bit of a break. With the low $10 monthly fee, I don't find myself trying to justify the subscription if I take a couple months off.

In MMO news, I'm actually playing Vanguard and enjoying the diplomacy and crafting aspects.

Hey Hurlshot, do you have a Guild Wars account? I'm thinking about getting it later his week -id est Thursday or Friday- and was wondering if anyone here played.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I detest hitting the level cap, so I'm trying to milk the last couple levels for a few months. They did release that new content area that I want to explore, but I'm on a bit of a break. With the low $10 monthly fee, I don't find myself trying to justify the subscription if I take a couple months off.

In MMO news, I'm actually playing Vanguard and enjoying the diplomacy and crafting aspects.

I did the trial for Vanguard and couldn't get into it.

Glad to be back in Lotro! :)

Hey Hurlshot, do you have a Guild Wars account? I'm thinking about getting it later his week -id est Thursday or Friday- and was wondering if anyone here played.

I played it back in the day. It's a very solid game, I'd definitely say it is worth the pickup. They've changed a ton of stuff since I played it, for the better from what I hear, so I can't give you too much insight on it.

I played it back in the day. It's a very solid game, I'd definitely say it is worth the pickup. They've changed a ton of stuff since I played it, for the better from what I hear, so I can't give you too much insight on it.

I played it when it was first released...it was ok. For me the best part was being able to play solo w/those idiotic hirelings (they were a hoot...) in an anti-social separated instance.

But the MP aspect was ok, just not as fun as, say, WoW, imo. GW didn't have a real "big MMO" feeling, because of the instance system. I've thought about trying out the new stuff but .... nah. I don't think it'll have changed enough to make it worth going back.

Still playing Assassin's Creed. I find if I just play it for an hour a night, I can get over the horrible monotony of the gameplay and enjoy the 'run around rooftops' with the occational 'insane guy I have long conversation with after I kill.'

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I don't really consider Guild Wars a MMO in any sense of the word.

IIRC the developers even called it a CORPG (competitive online role-playing game) and not a MMO.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

GW was good. GW and D2 were the only MMO-ish games I really enjoyed. Well balanced with comparatively little stupid grinding, always able to solo if you want, and so forth. Also, free.

I finally figured out why I was never offered the option to raise any of my unions from the dead. Turns out I didn't have all the herbs that are required for the action. Went out and bought 100 of the cheap ones that I need three of per resurrection and now things have been going much smoother. I went around quest hunting and jumped from Battle Rank 35 to BR 40. It doesn't really seem like that much of a jump, but the fight at Nest of Eagles was much, much easier this time around. I supposed getting a 20k Omnistrike on one of the bosses on the first round helped a little. Being able to raise the friendly union to use as cannon fodder was also very useful.

I'm currently going through Nagapur on my return trip to rescue someone and it seems to be one long section of boss fights. The first two were easy, although I did almost get wiped out by the second and it's stupid cheap 6 AoE attacks every round, or at least that's what it seems like. The third boss encounter is giving me a little trouble now. 2k damage attacks by both boss figures and 4 little unions that just get in the way. The second boss fight also introduced me to the "Heal them even if it means killing them first!" option in battle.

"OMG! My guys are poisoned and I don't have any way to cure it! I know, I'll just kill them and raise them! You guys don't mind right?" ;)

Guild Wars, hahahashahahahaha oh man :)

Care to elaborate on that? :p

Let's just say GW featured in the darkest days of Nick's and my professional gaming career.

DARKEST DAYS

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I finally figured out why I was never offered the option to raise any of my unions from the dead. Turns out I didn't have all the herbs that are required for the action. Went out and bought 100 of the cheap ones that I need three of per resurrection and now things have been going much smoother.

Haha, always fully stock up on herbs.

"Heal them even if it means killing them first!"

That's not poison. Your enthralled unions will kill you unless you kill them first.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)