What you did today

Gorth

Nice, but I'm 6'5" and weigh about 210 pounds. I'd never fit in it. Plus I live off a dirt road, it would never make it down after a hard rain. I was looking at a used Jeep Liberty at CarMax. But it'll be a while before I can really test drive.

Thats just shy of 2 meters and just over 95 kg for those who use the metric system.

It was actually supposed to be a joke. Since you wrote you had a truck, I posted a picture of the exact opposite: Fiat 500, the sissiest car I could think of. I would never recommend a Fiat to anyone.

If I were to recommend a car for real it would be something like this:

audi_q5_img.jpg

Audi Q5

The problem is you have to poop money (like J.E. Sawyer) to be able to afford it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm not sure that one would deal with a muddy dirt road very well either. Or at least, one would be constantly upset at dirtying up the tires/paint. >_<

So do you guys like the shortened/squished windows some cars have these days, like that? I don't mind the looks, but the reduced visibility might bother me. Sitting in my mom's Prius, I feel like I can't see anything to the sides/back. She's complained about it too and since she has old-lady driver syndrome, I worry.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For my next car I want one that bounces. Or failing that one with an on board drunk driver detection system.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, good luck with that.

I've been playing solitaire for the last two and a half hours with 7 different decks of cards.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Josh developed Super Mario Galaxy in his spare time, using nothing but an old Commodore chipset and a pair of tweezers.

Still waiting for those letters and weighing my options on grad school. As taks says it's pretty useful for theory-heavy areas and I'll probably end up in some sort of research-oriented career anyway, rather than straight up content creation. Just hope I don't get stuck in a prof. role or in some research office somewhere though, at least not yet.

GD weighs twice as much as me.

For my next car I want one that bounces. Or failing that one with an on board drunk driver detection system.

Get yourself a Russian truck :)

monstertruckrussia.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Casspir

Casspir_PNP_0001_cortesia_de_Cesar_Cruz.jpg

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

GD, are you looking at getting another truck, or something different?

I have a Honda CR-V which is nice. Its got AWD, and is super reliable like most Hondas. It's like a mini-SUV, it gets 28 MPG and it is very reasonably priced.

But if you are looking for a new truck, you might want to check out Chevy or GMC, since you should literally be able to steal it off the lot with the current economy. It's a fantastic time to buy a new car.

I take my suggestion back. Most of the ex service ones have been bought by Iraq. Dammit.

Sweet rides, though.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

gorth's is funner because it isn't something you'd actually see in a war.

taks

If i would wage war, that tank would be my first, last and only line of defence. And offense. :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just got home from doctors, cast stays on at least two more weeks. I going f***ing stir crazy!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've decided to turn over a new leaf. It's not going that well.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've decided to turn over a new leaf. It's not going that well.

When one turns over a new leaf, there is sometimes another leaf under it, then another, then another, then another, and so on. Instead of turning leaves, sometimes one needs a leaf blower.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Just got home from doctors, cast stays on at least two more weeks. I going f***ing stir crazy!

An extended season is better than an abrupt series finale.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

if that's so, i weigh more than twice you.

taks

I'm scared, but then, your kid will probably outgrow me in two years given how tiny I am.

I've been admitted to NYU, but they didn't mention any money so I probably didn't get any. Which means I probably can't go. :huh:

So my brother is desperately trying to convince me to move into a house with him. He found a 3 bedroom 2 bath home for like 80k and he thinks the thing is a dynamite investment. He's calculated the mortgage and it's very cheap and ridiculous but I don't like the sound of this whole thing one bit. From a financial standpoint real estate is a great investment, especially now, and the reason he's pressuring me so much is becuase he wants that 8k new home owner tax rebate before it's gone but he's got the old style of thinking that this thing is going to sky rocket. The thing that kills me is that it's hard enough living with him now. Kid has no respect for anything, he's a klepto, plays his music w/ sub woofer too loud for too long, and I know he's going to be hosting his little shindigs every gd weekend. I got way too much crap to worry about as it is with school and work. However, it could definitely be an earner and net some nice monies once I've graduated and started working for real like 3 years from now. I suppose I'll placate him and check the house out over the weekend but I highly doubt I'll be impressed enough to go forward. It's completely against who I am. I've taken chances, not many of them, but a few and I don't like it, not one bit.

Edit: Tigranes you seriously need to start pumping iron and eating tons of lean meat and delicious muffins and chugging protein shakes. You sure you don't have like a testosterone problem or something becuase that is like serious business and you should have that checked out. Now I'm worrying about you.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Looked at a used van hubby was interested in, that was almost identical to the one he currently has and really likes. Decided not to get it and he's tired of looking, so just giving his old van a paint job instead (it's completely wasted, that paint).

Went to a rock/gravel place for large river stones, because I'm tired of the dirt patch in the front yard between the front door/concrete porch area and the curved concrete walkway that connects to the driveway. It's like a half-oval, humped area of tanbark/dirt that just collects weeds and cat poop. Going to fill it with rocks and maybe a small tree later. But I had to spend a couple hours weeding/shoveling that dirt/tanbark to increase the empty depth and level it out - so rocks won't spill out onto the walkways - and move the extra dirt to another spot in the yard.

My arthritic hands didn't like it much, but I think I did ok. Now we just need to fill up the back of hubby's van with 400-500 pounds of rocks and bring them home. hehe

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Slug, tell him that you love him, that you wish him success in this venture, but leave you out of it. He should find like minded individuals to go in on this. In my experience, family members who are too dissimilar should not live together unless it is absolutely necessary.

Slug, tell him that you love him, that you wish him success in this venture, but leave you out of it. He should find like minded individuals to go in on this. In my experience, family members who are too dissimilar should not live together unless it is absolutely necessary.

I'd agree. Sounds like you'd be at each others throats before long and that is rarely good for "for investment" opportunities...

Does he have some personality-compatible friends he could do it with, instead?

Well the thing is he needs me more than I need him. Even though I hate living here, I have everything I need and a ton of things I want and it's all for free. He has plenty of friends but they already have arrangements I guess thus I'm his last choice. I mean I've decided long ago I'd never room with anyone in my life especially him unless I absolutely had to becuase I despise the things people do and I don't enjoy confrontation so I don't say anything so they keep doing it and I resent them and I'm bitter and I'm angry.

Going to continue the second part of my accounting project tonight. I got a 9/16 for the first part so I need to seriously do work on this one and I'm going to check my stuff against my group member's on thursday and then probably double check this stuff over the weekend and then I'm going to email him and see if our answers match up becuase he got a 16/16 and he's a smart dude who knows what he's doing and I'm dumb and need to learn to not just glance over materials. I'm also going to use my time tomorrow and get ahead in 2 other classes. I also had an exam today in my managerial accounting class and I'm partly scared. The first half the exam went off pretty well but towards the end things started to fall apart. There's was just so much crap to remember. But that's in the past now. I think it's time to just look forward to the future and forget all this crap and just start fresh. I think I'm going to ask my boss on Friday if I can take a day off or get a half day so I get some more quality project/exam study time in becuase things are about to get even more hectic and scary.