The Music Thread

Gorth

Beirut ~ A Sunday Smile

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Parov Stelar - The Flame

Love the Orson Welles sample on this track, taken from the 'The Shadow' radio drama series. "Who knows what evils lurk in the hearts of men?" Man, that thing first aired in the 1930s.

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Babble - Sun

Beautiful song! Heard it on the radio a while back and got the full album (called "Ether") just a few days ago. No YouTube link, but you can go here for samples.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Give it up, Lee Dorsey

Just when I thought i was at a massively low point, I hear this tune. Excuse the link

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Okay, I need some help please. Could you guys/gals suggest songs that are known by most people, and could be used on a wedding? With link if possible please.

Good question. How about... When I'm Sixty Four by The Beatles.

Thanks, wrote it up.

Okay, I need some help please. Could you guys/gals suggest songs that are known by most people, and could be used on a wedding? With link if possible please.

Good question. How about... When I'm Sixty Four by The Beatles.

If you're talking Beatles tunes, the wedding staples are "Oh Darling" and their cover of "Twist and Shout."

And you can't go wrong with Cole Porter in this situation. They've all been recorded dozens of times-- just pick you favorite crooner or jazz singer, and you'll probably find recordings of them doing most of the major tunes in the Porter songbook.

I always try to get the wedding DJ to play Walk This Way by Run DMC and Aerosmith.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Haha We're listening to Achy Breaky Heart and my wife is dancing to it! Yee Haw!

Please give your six figure grid reference. Stand by for JDAM.

-Elwood Blues