The Music Thread

Gorth

Fury of the Storm by DragonForce currently listening to.

Ew, dragonforce.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I just got myself a mouth harmonica on an impulse buy, so I need modern blues and jazz people :( help me out please!

things like the soundtrack to The Wire, I love that stuff

Edited by Pope

I just got myself a mouth harmonica on an impulse buy, so I need modern blues and jazz people :*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRctbs76GQ

Sorry, it's what I hear in my head, when someone says 'harmonica'.

Also, those Beatallica Titles are awesome. "everybody's got a ticket to ride except for me and my lightning" :(

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Depeche Mode - Fly on the Windscreen (the live version from the Devotional tour, which is reworked a bit, like many of their older tracks were for said tour)

Ah, good old Depeche, I kind of lost touch with them, should go out and buy their latest album. I hear the mainstream press didn't like it too much, which is a good sign actually.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Ew, dragonforce.

at least it wasn't Through the Fire and Flames

so sick of that damn song....

Dragonforce gives power metal a bad reputation.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Ew, dragonforce.

at least it wasn't Through the Fire and Flames

so sick of that damn song....

Dragonforce gives power metal a bad reputation.

Well blow me ****ing ass off, never knew that like everyone hated DragonForce. Power Metal is about fast guitar solos and other **** but come on, dont go ****ing around with this bull crap to say.

deicideLogo5.jpg

You're certainly upset over people not liking a band. Lighten up and become tolerant of other people's opinions.

Can't say I like Dragonforce myself. The best description I have ever heard of them was "playing fast does not equel playing good". I much prefer something like Kamelot when it comes to power metal. In fact, I'mma put on March of Mephisto right now.

I'm listening to Jools Holland and his orchestra Live. Bumblebee Boogie had me involuntarily grooving around, and drumming on things.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You're certainly upset over people not liking a band. Lighten up and become tolerant of other people's opinions.

Can't say I like Dragonforce myself. The best description I have ever heard of them was "playing fast does not equel playing good". I much prefer something like Kamelot when it comes to power metal. In fact, I'mma put on March of Mephisto right now.

I dont mind people hating things that I like but when in addition saying for example "I hate them because there music is crap." or "because I hate their long hair." I hate that crap.

deicideLogo5.jpg

I don't mind Dragonforce, but the problem with them is that all their songs sound the same. It's always like their albums consist of one long song split into segments. There are a lot of power metal bands more talented than them who don't get any attention at all. For instance, Dragonland or Olympos Mons.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I dont mind people hating things that I like but when in addition saying for example "I hate them because there music is crap." or "because I hate their long hair." I hate that crap.

And nobody said anything that silly. Nor does anyone have to justify their opinion to you. If someone thinks something you like is crap, they're going to say it. No use getting your panties in a twist over it. That's just a waste of energy and very intolerant.

I'm listening to some enjoyable Finntroll.

;)

i don't hate Dragonforce - i'm just sick of that one particular song

there's also stuff like Demons and Wizards i listen to from time to time ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.