OXM Preview Now Online

The description of the beginning of the game is rather new.

Also there are a few new pics that show Thorton with a different face than the default we've seen. Given the relative unsexiness of it (asian guy with thick glasses) I'm assuming it's the first disguise we'll have seen.

I refuse to click on links not posted by Funcroc!!

And Ronan, stop spamming! 12 posts in 4.5 years? My god, do you even have a life outside of the forum?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

How many guns can one man carry?

ANswer: lots.

lol.

He looks like a porcupine with all those quills sticking out.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

And Ronan, stop spamming! 12 posts in 4.5 years? My god, do you even have a life outside of the forum?!

With 2 peaks of activity in january/february 2005 also in january/february 2008 ! Dunno why :o

(Kotor 2 was released on february 11/05 in my country)

See you next year for Aliens !!

Edited by Ronan_Berthelot

@+++

lol.

Yeah, his carrying capacity has been reduced to two weapons (counting SMGs as one weapon). So he shouldn't look quite so crazy in future shots.

Matthew Rorie

I'm curious how the action part feels, but the guy who wrote the article doesn't have an opinion on the matter, or so it seems. Anyway, I liked the perks/achievements idea, I hope Obsidian will include a healthy number of them. It might be fun to discover these perks by experimenting with different tactics and weapons.

What I'm worried about is the character system and how it relays the feeling of character growth throughout the game. Thorton seemed pretty powerful right from the get go, at least that's what the preview suggested. I really hope AP doesn't turn out to be a cakewalk or something. Btw, has there been any word about the existence of a difficulty setting?

Also, the screens included with the preview look interesting, it's a shame higher res versions are not avaulable though. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about AP, can't wait to play it. :D

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Well, it probably plays likes a 3rd-person shooter using UE3. The game doesn't base its core shooting mechanics on RPG stats or whatever nonsense, instead using the RPG elements to add to that base.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

lol.

Yeah, his carrying capacity has been reduced to two weapons (counting SMGs as one weapon). So he shouldn't look quite so crazy in future shots.

heh. Well there is a certain cool to his terminator-esque appearance. But yes, probably a good call on the teams part to tone it down a bit.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well, it probably plays likes a 3rd-person shooter using UE3. The game doesn't base its core shooting mechanics on RPG stats or whatever nonsense, instead using the RPG elements to add to that base.

it will most likely play like Mass Effect...

• 3 weeks later...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"