How is Fable 2?

Morgoth

Maybe someone can describe it to me, I have never played Fable 1 (and don't intend to do so). The reviews seem to be mostly postive, while player reviews vary from "it lacks depth" to "meh" to "it's totally awsum!"

I'm not a big fan of Molyneux since the Black & White debacle, but I'm willing to give that one a chance.

From the reviews, it doesn't seem to have complex character interactions (emoticons?), neither does it have a great story, yet it seems to have a ton of fans thanks to an atmosphereic gameworld and some humorous takes on characters, so maybe there's something to it. Are the characters likeable, or is everyone a silly circus clown? I also read the combat system is quite fun, despite being too easy. I don't know, something still tells me it's a reeking pile of shyt, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Edit: Oh damn, I just posted that into the wrong forum. Mods please move it into Computer & Console, thanks.

Edited by Morgoth

Its kind of pretty, but thats about it. Its uninteresting in almost every way.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Its kind of pretty, but thats about it. Its uninteresting in almost every way.

Lies, nothing is "pretty" once you have seen/played Prince of Persia.

j/k

From what i've heard it is pretty good, but people are getting bored with the farting-makes-people-like-you-and-girls-wanna-marry-you thing. Check out Yahtzee's review for some fun here

Edited by Purkake

I'm probably waiting til the price drops anyway.

I think I'm gonna pick up Halo 3 instead. Is that at least enjoyable?

Haven't played it, but do NOT put the headset on when you go online. You have been WARNED! You wouldn't believe the kinds of things that people say there. All hope for humanity will be lost.

Edited by Purkake

Nah, I'm only interested in the singleplayer part of the game.

I wouldn't even entertain the idea of buying the game for the single player unless you knew for certain that you had a buddy or two to play online co op with and even then the experience is a one time deal and only mediocre at best as well as being short. The story is ridiculously stupid so I wouldn't expect anything out of it except frustration especially the end. Halo 3 has only one good quality and that is the multiplayer and even then it's wrought with problems such as horrible maps and an even horriblerer community and freakin bs you have to have all the map packs to play team doubles which is the only thing worth freakin playing seeing as team slayer and mlg is jam packed full of noobs and tards and there's no escape.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

For 20 bucks, I'd probably try it. How are you buying stuff for dollars in Austria, anyway?

20 €. But bucks sounds cooler. :*

Yeah that is almost twice as much! How about Eurobucks?

Teuro, €rror, whatever. My sweet new 360 needs fodder, and I always wanted to know what this whole hype around Halo is all about.

Edited by Morgoth

I've really enjoyed Fable 2. But it's very similar to the original, just expanded a bit. If you disliked the original, you won't like this one. It's an action adventure game in most ways, and the setting is very fun. If you've read Charles Dickens, then you will enjoy the fact the setting is clearly based off his works.

Halo 3 is a load of fun in co-op, but if you play the game on Heroic and/or then Legendary, the game becomes very strategic, surprisingly. Very very fun shooter, that doesn't bring anything new to the table but is pretty much perfected and polished to an insane level. The game is literally without bugs or glitches.

And hey, 20 euros isn't that much.

EDIT: But, uh... maybe I'm one of the rare people who think that.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's still far away from coming to the PC though, isn't it? Halo 3 I mean.

Fable 2 doesn't interest me at all because the first one didn't hold me at all (yes, I did give it a try).

pretty much perfected and polished to an insane level. The game is literally without bugs or glitches

Yeea.. except tiny insignificant things like how they couldnt get it to render at 1280x720(xbox360 standard resolution), so they had to lower the resolution thus making it look like a grainy migraine-inducing smudge? :-

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I play on a 26 inch TV incapable of HD. That doesn't bother me. :D

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I finished it, but ultimately it didn't really feel like there was anything to it. Don't get me wrong, there was some neat stuff in it, but when I was done I basically felt like I'd probably never play it again.

Also it was annoying having full towns following me around in luv/lust.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I finished it, but ultimately it didn't really feel like there was anything to it. Don't get me wrong, there was some neat stuff in it, but when I was done I basically felt like I'd probably never play it again.

Also it was annoying having full towns following me around in luv/lust.

Some of the Fable mechanics definitely need some tweaking. Romantic gestures shouldn't affect groups, and there should be separate like/love sliders. I got really annoyed that shopkeepers would wander around town looking for me leaving the shops unattended when I wanted to go there. Shops only ever stocking one of each item they offered bothered me too. What kind of produce stall only stocks one piece of celery?

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg