Why isn't the character named JB?

With all these talks about the 3 JBs in previews and such, why doesn't Mike Thornjerk actually have those initials? I mean, MT? That's as generic as it gets!

It's not like it would have been complicated. Here's a gazillion examples: Josh Bawyer, Jorian Butt, James Bauer. This thing practically writes itself.

Honestly, Obsidian. Unlimited ammo? Forcing dual-wielding UZIs? Not allowing dual-wielding robots dual-wielding rocket launchers? Forcing a male character? Forcing stupid initials like MT?

What next? Forced party members? No actual ending? LOL

j/k I know you wouldn't stoop that low.

PS. I'm not kidding about changing the name to Jorian Butt.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I wouldn't mind Jack Black as the main character.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I think you should elaborate Morgoth, as there is no rule stating that NOLF style campiness doesn't make a good RPG. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think you should elaborate Morgoth, as there is no rule stating that NOLF style campiness doesn't make a good RPG. :)

But that's the point - campiness doesn't really allow to develop a character outside of being campy.

What? :huh:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Not to derail the thread Morgoth, but generally the person making dubious claims has the burden of proof (i.e. you).

I mean your statement is already rather nonsensical because we clearly saw character development in NOLF1, but not only that, character development does not an RPG make. Look at the persistent undercurrents of moral greyness in NOLF1 for another well-done RPG aspect of NOLF - if you actually bothered to stop and listen to people or read what you saw, you really started to get the feeling that the bad guys weren't at all black and white, they were real people with families and dreams. And you were killing them because they got in your way.

Now the game didn't really push that theme the way, say, Deus Ex 1 did, but it was certainly there and could easily have been developed further (offering more diplomatic or non-lethal options, and alternate pathways for example).

Moreover, I can name a bunch of campy/silly RPGs: Torment, Fallout, Anachronox.

Fine. I still don't want AP to be a NOLF clone though. Let AP be AP!

I have no idea where you got notion that AP would be a NOLF clone.

And I've no idea what you're trying to get at.

Peace.

Worst bickering ever.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Fine. I still don't want AP to be a NOLF clone though. Let AP be AP!

I have no idea where you got notion that AP would be a NOLF clone.

And I've no idea what you're trying to get at.

Peace.

Worst bickering ever.

Is there a cheat code in the game to change MT's name to Joseph Bulock?

Seriously, Thorton with a missing 'n' in the middle has to be an undercover name, anagram or something.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein