What you did today

Gorth

Your URL turned into "Manhattan (****tail)." :ermm:

Haha! Silly auto-censor.

Anyhow, I really should get myself some rye (or Canadian Whisky, which is normally made with at least some rye content). A bourbon Manhattan is a bit sweet for my taste. But still very good.

I watched the 'Bill Hicks'-memorial on the David Letterman show. The guy had an interview with Hicks' mother and finally aired the original standup that was cut 16 years ago due to its 'controversial' nature.

Here is the clip itself.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest The Architect

Ah, it's good to be back home.

I watched the 'Bill Hicks'-memorial on the David Letterman show. The guy had an interview with Hicks' mother and finally aired the original standup that was cut 16 years ago due to its 'controversial' nature.

Here is the clip itself.

"If a guy's on a dance floor really getting into it, enjoying himself, expressing himself, what does it matter how he is in bed, he's gay."

"The other is called daddy's new room mate. I'm gonna have to draw the line here folks and say this is absolutely disgusting, okay, it is grotesque and evil. I'm talking about daddy's new room mate, ah Heather's two mummy's is pretty cool, they're hugging on page 7, go mummy go."

"I was in Australia, over Easter, it was interesting to note, they celebrate Easter the same way we do, commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus, by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night. I wonder why we're messed up as a race, anybody got any clues, I've read the Bible I can't find the word bunny or chocolate anywhere in the book."

"You think when Jesus comes back he's really gonna wanna look at a cross? That may be why he hasn't shown up yet, they're still wearing crosses dad, they totally missed the point, I'll go back as a bunny."

o:):(

What a terrific man he was. His mother seems lovely and this was a nice thing for Letterman to do.

Just finished watching the Handball World Cup final and I just have to say to the referees: You Danish cheating lowlife scum, I piss on the bones of your dead ancestors you worthless amateur piece of ****, go **** yourself and go back to that flatland where you came from, I hope you die on your way home or your home burns down and kills you...jebi mater majmune glupi ti tko te učio kako se sudi rukomet govno jedno Dansko

Sat around and slept for a very long time... am now waiting to watch the superbowl commercials.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I haven't watched the Superbowl the last two years since it starts 01:00 AM here. Back in my university years however, i would watch it for the half-time shows and commercials :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Completely failed to sort out my living room. It is currently almost ankle deep in old 2000AD comics, which are an integral part of my zombie survival plan. Did some shopping, and mulled over work. Admired the handsome whisky decanter I've recently been given. It is second or third hand, but has this really cool pewter coaster/basket which it sits in.

Slightly more alarmingly I was told by an old flame that she is coming to this country in May and wants to meet up. She has made no secret of wanting to get together again, while I have made no secret of the fact that I am going out with a very lovely and lethally dangerous woman. I'm tempted to be a total bastard and refuse to meet at all. Then again maybe it's more bastardly to meet at all. Then again, it's been a long time, and if she actually sees how much less pretty I am now, then she may desist of her own accord.

The weather forecast is for snow all tomorrow. I love snow. It's like being zapped into another universe.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Completely failed to sort out my living room. It is currently almost ankle deep in old 2000AD comics, which are an integral part of my zombie survival plan. Did some shopping, and mulled over work. Admired the handsome whisky decanter I've recently been given. It is second or third hand, but has this really cool pewter coaster/basket which it sits in.

Slightly more alarmingly I was told by an old flame that she is coming to this country in May and wants to meet up. She has made no secret of wanting to get together again, while I have made no secret of the fact that I am going out with a very lovely and lethally dangerous woman. I'm tempted to be a total bastard and refuse to meet at all. Then again maybe it's more bastardly to meet at all. Then again, it's been a long time, and if she actually sees how much less pretty I am now, then she may desist of her own accord.

The weather forecast is for snow all tomorrow. I love snow. It's like being zapped into another universe.

I think you should not meet her. I know the pleasure you derive from drinking large amounts alcohol while eating spicy foods and that's all it really takes before your slumped over in the back seat of your car, half conscious and being dazed and confused. Then in your frightened and enraged stupor you revert back to all your military teachings until its just you with your pants around your ankles.

Nothing good can come of this Wals. Trust me, I've been there.

I too also love snow.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Wals, my suggestion would be to just meet with her for lunch or something AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CURRENT FLAME ALONG!

That way the other woman will have no question about her status in terms of a romantic relationship.

Of course, If you take my advice realize it's like taking advice on parenting from a 16 year old...

Watching two lame teams in the Superbowl. That Stealers player did make an awesome interception before half time though. I am really just watching this for the commercials.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Wals, my suggestion would be to just meet with her for lunch or something AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CURRENT FLAME ALONG!

That way the other woman will have no question about her status in terms of a romantic relationship.

Of course, If you take my advice realize it's like taking advice on parenting from a 16 year old...

Much as I relish the thought of girl on girl catfights I think I'll pass that. However I take your point, and theslug. What is needed is something public, interesting, unexpected, and not at all romantic. And I don't mean breakfast at HM Prison Pentonville. There must be something... I have it! Brunch near the Imperial War Museum, where I shall be 'having to do research'. That way I can guillotine things before they go on too long, and if she wants to follow with me she'll get bored or scared and clear off. PLUS I may actually get to go to the museum, which is awesome. If things go moderately well, and she looks sane, we cam meet for lunch the next day somewhere else in London. Anywhere that overlooks parliament is usually sufficiently dingy and sombre. We can have a good chat, but there's little danger of my ending up pantsless like theslug warns. In extremis... yes. I will have my friend come to extricate me at around 1500. Which keeps us in situ.

I'm listening to Va, pensiero, sull'alli dorate as the snow flurries down, and thinking about coffee.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trying to stay cool. Temperatures have come down from 43 degrees to a more moderate 40 degrees (and 30 degrees at night), still a bit on the warm side of things though :sweat:

You guys got pwned. We've been experiencing a consistently 'pleasant' 35 Celsius each day here, although it'll supposedly be in the 40's on the weekend. At least it gets to the low twenties at night and I can finally open my window.

Not such a great day for work, as I've been distracted. I spoke to my mom this morning and she was in a complete state. Suffering a lot from the chemo. I had to work the old commissar skills and rally her spirits. A few jokes, some historical analogies, then a plan of action. She really perked up, according to my stepfather. It was good to be so effective, but it hurts to not be able to be more emotional when she's like that. But unless I help her to be tough then no-one else will. :sweat:

The snow kept falling all day, and has now progressed to those fat heavy drifting flakes. Like the dandruff of a lazy God. I've basically given up on the work for the next hour, and am going to lift some weights and afterwards get a shower and have some liqueur coffee. Probably amaretto, with cinnamon.

-Elwood Blues

I got my hair cut short for the first time since I was 14 or so today, feel so naked. Used to it being about shoulder length :sweat:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Woke up, went to school, raided, and then went to penny arcade, where I learned that parents are stupid again.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2008/10/10...-light.htm?rd=1

Yes a child's doll has been reported to say "Islam is the Light". And yet most people can't hear it.

:sigh: why do conservatives try to undermine our capitalistic culture by calling for every toy that might or might not offend them slightly be taken off the shelves rather than let the free market do it's work?

I got my hair cut short for the first time since I was 14 or so today, feel so naked. Used to it being about shoulder length :lol:

I once had shoulder length hair. I freaked out one summer and shaved my head. Bloody good idea. Long hair is a waste of time and effort. If I thought I could do it professionally I'd have shaved hair still.

-Elwood Blues

Finished my taxes, whoo! I'm getting about $4300 back. Half of that goes to my property taxes and then the rest will pay off some debt.

no fine? cool...

personally, i'm not into giving the government an interest free loan for a year, at least, not one that big. this year the loan is mine, i.e., i am going to owe about $600. my mortgage interest shot way up, but the HELOC interest actually went down and my wife worked the whole year instead of only 3 months, all of which totally changed our tax picture. we need to adjust our deductions, a task that is difficult to do when your income changes drastically from one year to the next. i probably ought to simply put more towards retirement, which helps with the tax liability anyway...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I got my hair cut short for the first time since I was 14 or so today, feel so naked. Used to it being about shoulder length :)

I once had shoulder length hair. I freaked out one summer and shaved my head. Bloody good idea. Long hair is a waste of time and effort. If I thought I could do it professionally I'd have shaved hair still.

Strangely I spend more time and effort sorting hair out now it's short, spent about 40 minutes making it look pretty this morning =/.

I am a vain git though.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Finished my taxes, whoo! I'm getting about $4300 back. Half of that goes to my property taxes and then the rest will pay off some debt.

no fine? cool...

personally, i'm not into giving the government an interest free loan for a year, at least, not one that big. this year the loan is mine, i.e., i am going to owe about $600. my mortgage interest shot way up, but the HELOC interest actually went down and my wife worked the whole year instead of only 3 months, all of which totally changed our tax picture. we need to adjust our deductions, a task that is difficult to do when your income changes drastically from one year to the next. i probably ought to simply put more towards retirement, which helps with the tax liability anyway...

taks

I've been trying to convince my wife for years to fix her paycheck so that they take less out every month, but they make it pretty complicated in her school district. Still, I'd much rather get money back than have to pay anything at the end of the year, it's comforting to know that I will get some money right when my property tax bill is due.

Even with our income being consistent over the years, figuring out the deductions is more math than I am comfortable with.

I went with turbotax, been using them for about 10 years and it is always a breeze.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the taxes this year. I usually make it a point to do it all myself by hand, but in 2008 I got married, bought a house, and moved across state lines. That may be enough complexity to make hiring a professional worthwhile.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the taxes this year. I usually make it a point to do it all myself by hand, but in 2008 I got married, bought a house, and moved across state lines. That may be enough complexity to make hiring a professional worthwhile.

H&R Block is offering a lot of good deals this year, it seems. Turbotax made all those things pretty easy when they happened to me, and they offer some online live support too.

I've been trying to convince my wife for years to fix her paycheck so that they take less out every month, but they make it pretty complicated in her school district.

maximum deductions on the w-4 (i think it's like 10 or something).

Still, I'd much rather get money back than have to pay anything at the end of the year, it's comforting to know that I will get some money right when my property tax bill is due.

i understand the feeling, and last year i had a bit of a boon with taxes ($1500) and used that for my property taxes as well. however, $4300... at 5% that's over $200*. :(

I went with turbotax, been using them for about 10 years and it is always a breeze.

oh yeah, total breeze. since i'm paying this year, however, i'm procrastinating as well. :(

taks

*yes, i know, you wouldn't get the rate for the whole year on all the money, but still! it pains me to pay the gov't as it is, even if it is a penny too much!

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.