What you did today

Gorth

I bastardised self-hypnotic techniques I used to beat asthma. You basically do the following

1. Concentrate on relaxing each set of muscles in your body

2. Count down from ten into the condition of focus

3. Focus on nothing except the unmoving concept of something. A drop of water, a sock, a basketball. Think about nothing not directly relevant to the object.

4. Try to stay focussed for ten minutes.

That sounds a lot like what my wife has described to me as what she has done to stave off what feels to her like an oncoming seizure.

I see well good luck. I'm currently going into my second semester of my 3rd year and I still need roughly 2 years to graduate because I only take 4 classes which is still considered a full course load. It's funny on friday the business adviser at my work started questioning me about this coming semester. Felt like a freakin interrogation just like last time. I registered for a management 301 course with another professor even though she had one open with fewer students and she also wanted to know what area of bs admin I wanted to go into and I had no idea our school had areas of concentration. I suppose eventually I may have to straight up tell her that I have no interest in getting an admin degree so I can eventually go work at mcdonalds making 22(?) an hour. Not that that is a bad thing, it's just that I have higher aspirations than that and a good deal of successful ceo's made their start in accounting. But anyways good luck Deraldin. I believe in you friend.

Good thinking. To employers, bachelor's-level business degrees are code for "my math skills aren't strong enough to do serious econ/stats/accounting."

i think it depends what type of business degree. my brother's was BSBA, but his emphasis was finance, not uncommon for stock brokers. he's actually a test (i think one) from being a CFA, which is not a simple task to accomplish. he's a regional manager for EDJ now.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

finally stopped snowing here. high winds, however, and the streets are messy, but we only got a few inches. if it had started last night rather than at 6:00 this a.m., none of the driving impaired would have gone in to work. instead, they all did, and it's going to be hell getting home at 5:00. hmmm, sounds like i'm leaving early today.

taks

I almost had a heart attack today and I still haven't done the hard part yet. So I went to school today to handle the bs that they messed up. Curiously, the parking lot was filled to the brim like school was in full session. Suspicious, very suspicious. Well I go in, it takes literally 50 seconds at both places I had to go to and I'm magically in both the accounting courses I need. Then I look at the schedule. Well who would have thunk it? University started the semester today while I still have another week for my other school. This is bad. Really bad. Not only is it bad that I have to tell me boss I can't work thursday, I also have to tell her that I can't stay for the full customer service training tomorrow. So I called but of course no one answered so now I'm going to wait another half an hour and leave a message if I have to and I'll probably die from anxiety. Then I'm pretty sure she's going to tell my other boss who is mean and then I'm going to get in trouble and get yelled at and I'm going to cower in fear and be really scared. Perhaps even fired, though I doubt it, though I wouldn't put it past them either. God this sucks doing everything last minute. This is why I don't procrastinate. I'm blaming battlestar galactica. If you didn't steal 2 weeks of my life I would have seen through this clever ruse. Damn you battlestar, damn you!!!!!!

I'm angry.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

hmmm, my class doesn't start till the 26th. school officially starts on the 20th, with monday the 19th off for whatever reason, and i have a monday class. looking at the schedule, it might be that we don't start till the tuesday after MLK day. dunno, don't really care. i do need to get my lab handout updated, however, as well as my syllabus. i'm not going to test the students this time. that turned into a disaster last year since the lab isn't about instruction so much as application.

taks

I ran out of peanuts so today I learned that squirrels are hilarious fun whilst they eat the oily, all-natural peanut butter spooned onto a little dish.

I learned I'm allergic to london plane maple tree (skin itch and sneezing), which our street is completely lined with.

And I discovered (an hour ago) that my car battery died so I guess that's what hubby and I are doing tonight.

Over the weekend we took a quickie "we wish" look at a very run down but foundation/structurally sound/still crudely livable home in a more valuable housing area that was going for half of its potential value (if fixed up). It's basically being sold for land value only. Would be a crazy good investment or longer-term flip, the kind only contractors would normally risk, but we already bought this house and I don't think 2 mortgages would work. Why do these kind of deals never show up when you're looking/not yet committed? Heh. Maybe my parents would like to go in as partners. Har.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I almost had a heart attack today and I still haven't done the hard part yet. So I went to school today to handle the bs that they messed up. Curiously, the parking lot was filled to the brim like school was in full session. Suspicious, very suspicious. Well I go in, it takes literally 50 seconds at both places I had to go to and I'm magically in both the accounting courses I need. Then I look at the schedule. Well who would have thunk it? University started the semester today while I still have another week for my other school. This is bad. Really bad. Not only is it bad that I have to tell me boss I can't work thursday, I also have to tell her that I can't stay for the full customer service training tomorrow. So I called but of course no one answered so now I'm going to wait another half an hour and leave a message if I have to and I'll probably die from anxiety. Then I'm pretty sure she's going to tell my other boss who is mean and then I'm going to get in trouble and get yelled at and I'm going to cower in fear and be really scared. Perhaps even fired, though I doubt it, though I wouldn't put it past them either. God this sucks doing everything last minute. This is why I don't procrastinate. I'm blaming battlestar galactica. If you didn't steal 2 weeks of my life I would have seen through this clever ruse. Damn you battlestar, damn you!!!!!!

I'm angry.

What you need is someone willing to pose as you for some of the classes. Then they can meet and fall in love with some girl and there will be a madcap farce as you compete to prove you're really you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

hungover...

got bought far too many shots of tequila last night

on the bright side, i got given a damn awesome massage from one of the bar staff haha

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I got invited as a guest to the RAF officer's club in Piccadilly (hid my own ID as I'm not an officer). It's exactly the way you'd imagine. Pictures, medals, marble, hushed servants scurrying around bringing coffee and so forth. I'd be tempted to join the RAF!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So I took an online accounting test for my accounting environment course and scored a stellar 2 out of 50 topic mastery points. In my defense, I took accounting 101 almost 2 years ago and if you missed 1 part of the single multipart question for that particular topic you got the entire thing wrong. Luckily in class she said it's kind of expected to do pretty bad and we have 1 week to hit this stuff up and relearn everything again so that's basically what I'm going to be doing this weekend but it's still pretty pathetic.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuu

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I had to think a moment what you meant with RAF. Thought you'd go terrorist >_<

:lol: I see what you mean. A Freudian slip, or a joke, perhaps? The RAF did blow up a lot of Europe.

My first reaction was "Woohoo! Ideologicallly crazed college chicks!" Then I realised they'd probably have hairy armpits and smell of newsprint and stale cigarette smoke.

-Elwood Blues

"Woohoo! Ideologicallly crazed college chicks!" Then I realised they'd probably have hairy armpits and smell of newsprint and stale cigarette smoke.

Ahh the sweet memories of France..

Wait .. what were we talking about?

Fortune favors the bald.

3 and a half hours till i finish work, then i can start drinking it all away

I thought you were going to cut back... Or are you not drink by your lonesome? >_<:brows::shifty:

i was, but then i thought screw it

it makes a bad day a bit more tolerable

and the plan was to just go home and drink, but now i've got a friend coming round. haven't seen her since november and she apparently wants to catch up, so at least i wont be drinking on my own now

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!