Pictures of your games

SteveThaiBinh

My new favorite weapon:

post-378-1237041322_thumb.png

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Porcupine shields. Their shields failed not long after and they were toast.

mountblade-09a.jpg

--------------------

Ouch?

mountblade-10a.jpg

--------------------

As long as your reach is longer than theirs, couched lance tactic is awesome.

One-hit kills ftw.

mountblade-11a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ouch! :ermm:

What game is that?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah. My short game attention span likes the no-goal sandbox nature of the game. I keep getting to about level 25, trying different factions etc, then re-starting. One game every faction was beating up on Vaegirs and the poor saps were soon reduced to huddling in their main trade cities w/no castles left, so of course I had to join them and help them win back their territories. Hah.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My new favorite weapon:

How come the Fallout screenshots all come out lookin like the player got their faces dusted by an anus of a coal mine?

There's a lot of incredibly weird stuff going on with skin tones in FO3. I spent some time working with different faces but after a while just gave up and took the best I could get with a small amount of work.

SOme of the charcter skins in the game are bright gold, almost as much as the HIgh Elves in the ES games. I would be curious if that was intentional on Bethesda's part? Or if they just didn't do a very good job.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Playing the Purgatorio beta/demo a bit:

Join the Blood War?

nwn2main2009-03-1617-43-37-26.jpg

The Plane of Infinite Portals:

nwn2main2009-03-1616-48-38-62.jpg

Marble District, home of the Guvners:

nwn2main2009-03-1616-29-28-23.jpg

Tea Street:

nwn2main2009-03-1616-35-58-56.jpg

Tea Street, the fancy building ahead is a Sensate building called the Love Hotel:

nwn2main2009-03-1616-35-37-15.jpg

Hiverunners Road:

nwn2main2009-03-1616-32-04-93.jpg

Hiverunners Road again:

nwn2main2009-03-1616-31-48-37.jpg

Gatehouse district, with the Gatehouse straight ahead. The scale of this is very impressive in-game:

nwn2main2009-03-1617-24-14-81.jpg

Another view of the Gatehouse District:

nwn2main2009-03-1616-38-29-76.jpg

Barmys waiting to gain entrance to the Gatehouse:

nwn2main2009-03-1616-39-52-48.jpg

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

wow. fabulous.

It's mostly Sigil, divided into several districts of a fair size. Plus an enormous amounts of interiors. I'm not sure which planes are in there, but at the start of the mod we see a bit of the Outlands and we get to walk through the town of Hopeless. Then there is Mechanus (where Modrons originate from) which looks quite awesome. The Plane of Infinite Portals as showcased, though as it is now it's only built, and not filled with content. I know that there's also the Beastlands, Baator and Limbo.

It's a bit disjointed now though, and you can tell it's gone through different teams of people working on it. There is still a lot of work to be done before it will be a great game though. To connect everything properly, flesh out dialogues and re-evaluate the writing (definetely needed) and crush bugs etc. And in some areas (like Plane of Infinite Portals) fill it up with content.

What definetely is there though is the general atmosphere. Sigil is quite close to how I envisioned it when I first read the sourcebooks. I'm quite amazed at how they managed this in the NWN2 engine. But yeah, lots and lots and lots of work to still be done on the project. I think it was a good move to release what they have now though, to sort of "deflate the bubble" that's been growing around the project, and not breathe in some new air. I hope they can get some more people onboard as well to speed up the process.

I'll post more screens if I come across any good stuff.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

My new favorite weapon:

How come the Fallout screenshots all come out lookin like the player got their faces dusted by an anus of a coal mine?

There's a lot of incredibly weird stuff going on with skin tones in FO3. I spent some time working with different faces but after a while just gave up and took the best I could get with a small amount of work.

SOme of the charcter skins in the game are bright gold, almost as much as the HIgh Elves in the ES games. I would be curious if that was intentional on Bethesda's part? Or if they just didn't do a very good job.

Maybe the population has to deal with a lot of bizarre skin diseases/conditions/discolorations caused by all the .... fallout? >_<

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Remember the Baatezu army recruitment poster? Someone didn't like it I guess.

nwn2main2009-03-1714-11-33-04.jpg

Tales of Tanar'ri Terrors! The Baatezu army put this poster up.

nwn2main2009-03-1714-08-46-67.jpg

Enjoying the scenery in the savage but oh-so-beautiful Beastlands.

nwn2main2009-03-1816-38-32-76.jpg

More Beastlands:

nwn2main2009-03-1816-43-56-29.jpg

And one more:

nwn2main2009-03-1817-08-12-56.jpg

The Mortuary awaits beyond the gates:

nwn2main2009-03-1714-12-47-12.jpg

A view from the base of the Mortuary:

nwn2main2009-03-1714-21-13-23.jpg

Heya, I'm just beta testing it for now. :lol:

Last batch of screens for now.

The Lady watches over the interiors of the Mortuary:

nwn2main2009-03-1714-18-43-89.jpg

Speaking with a Xaositect:

nwn2main2009-03-1722-25-53-32.jpg

Admiring the Xaositects interior design skills:

nwn2main2009-03-1722-29-05-96.jpg

Looking out over the polluted waters of the Ditch:

nwn2main2009-03-1722-40-55-09.jpg

Visiting the Lawful plane of Mechanus. The cogs, gears and the huge fan in the floor all spin around:

nwn2main2009-03-1713-47-28-67.jpg

I was actually just visiting Limbo. I can post some screenshots (will be the final ones I think, don't want to give it all away) later on, but I don't think the screenshots do it justice. It's pretty... uh, well. There is a fair bit of motion in it, heh. Definetely one of the coolest areas in the mod.

More pictures of the Purgatory-mod, please.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

For some reason, I like the white-haired gal w/the glasses. And the doggy, of course.

Some of those designs vaguely remind me of Riven.

The doggy is a companion called Hide. He seems pretty cool, though the companions aren't quite working right in the beta. :-

Here are the final screenshots I took. There's lots more to see in the module, but I don't want to spoil it all. :x

Baator. This turned out a bit dark, but rest assured that the atmosphere in this area is hellish enough:

nwn2main2009-03-1920-02-47-39.jpg

Githzerai Monastery interior:

nwn2main2009-03-1920-28-30-92.jpg

The shifting plane of Limbo. I'm not sure whether it was worth it to take screenshots of this place since, well... You can't really get a good feel of the place in a picture since there is a fair bit of movement going on. It's extremely impressive in-game:

nwn2main2009-03-1920-23-58-51.jpg

And another one of Limbo for good measure:

nwn2main2009-03-1920-31-20-98.jpg