Developer Diary video

Graphics look fine, getting better every new release.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Looks alright to me.

And when will the video be back up?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

MT's face looks too perfect. It's a little unsettling. I hope we can give him some scars or something.

I think he's supposed to start out his career as a naive pretty boy, but you do have a point. Is there a stubble option? Because that would go a long way towards weatherizing Thornton.

MOAAARGASM!

And I believe you can customize his face for a stubble as shown in this pic:

1237221618_Mar09_01.jpg

Game's going in a very awesome direction. Just need to keep working on the framerates without sacrificing too much of the texture resolution.

But I'm a little concerned for MCA. The left side of his face appears to have several blisters. All cool I hope?

Edited by Zoma

:lol: at the first screenshot.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And I believe you can customize his face for a stubble as shown in this pic:

1237221618_Mar09_01.jpg

Nah, that's an equip-able disguise. That mission begins with Thorton infiltrating a concert by posing as the bass player in a gypsy-rock trio.

I think he's supposed to start out his career as a naive pretty boy, but you do have a point. Is there a stubble option? Because that would go a long way towards weatherizing Thornton.

I'm sure you'll see more screenshots of different looks in the future.

I will not buy this game without an Honest Abe.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Search for "Paul Fish" on LinkedIn turned up someone with that name as a Junior Artist for Obsidz. Don't really know what to make of the comments. The guy he's twitter-conversing with is Sean Dunny, prop artist (I'm assuming that title has a different meaning than it's meaning w/r/t filmmaking. Obsidz doesn't really need sets)

Eventually you get wise to the tools that funcroc utilizes but you never quite learn how to use them as skillfully as he does. By now I'm 100% convinced that he's in the industry.

Edited by Pop

Wow. Makes you really wonder who is Funroc.

The creepy cleaner who changes Feargie's bins every monday morning? The coffee stirrer? Donut delivery man? The incredible intelligent space hamster from out space that MCA took it in as his pet , which secrety uses Chris's notebook to send us tibits? Or wait better still, Josh's accident of spilling coffee on his desktop short circuited the system that in its 1/tenth billion probability resultd in the creation of a super advanced sentient AI who spies on unawary Obsidianites?

MYSTARI.

Edited by Zoma

There are sniper rifles, right? I just love assassination missions.

I hope then when you hover the mouse over the different guns it says what they are. This caused me a lot of hassle in Mass Effect. I'd put lots of points into shooting shotguns and then have to figure out which one was the shotgun. Was it the big gun, the very big gun, the small gun or the other small gun? I don't know guns.

Well if you look closely the screen-shots of the inventory, you can see that there is a sub-division for each kind of weapon you can use in this game, so you shouldn't have any problem (at least in the inventory, I don't know about the loot... is there loot by the way?).

Seriously, I would rather play this grizzled war veteran:

1238722348_05.jpg

Than this plain toothpaste commercial dude:

1238722348_04.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The Arms Dealer looks badass. I hope we don't meet him only once.

Also, more info on that woman with the army clothes and giant machine gun, please. :lol:

I'm not afraid of my Thorton being beautiful.

1238722348_04.jpg

Could I maybe even make his eyes a little bluer? :woot:

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Looks like it's really coming together. I am actually very pleased with MT voice, I think it works well.

The only thing that I noticed in the vid that looked a bit off were the physics of the grenades....Those things were bouncing like rubber balls or something.