Yahtzee reviews

Darque

So it's not actually cardboard cutouts carefully placed around ZP to make it look like a real site? :)
No, it's a site that has a crapload of regulars even though there are 3 people of the whole staff that are spewing funny lines, everyone else makes you cringe, half the articles are worthless, game reviews are scarce and may or may not be worthless, the forumites are mostly trolls, idiots, thread 100 time repeaters, and for some reason think the place is elite.

Not really.

MovieBob's reviews are interesting. Not funny, but they're actual reviews that are worth a damn.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I don't really read reviews. I just listen to people's opinions on podcasts and stuff.
Then you'll be happy to hear that Bob's reviews are watched, not read. And yeah, he seems to know his stuff.

He must be using an 8$ microphone though, the sound quality is terrible.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So it's not actually cardboard cutouts carefully placed around ZP to make it look like a real site? :p
No, it's a site that has a crapload of regulars even though there are 3 people of the whole staff that are spewing funny lines, everyone else makes you cringe, half the articles are worthless, game reviews are scarce and may or may not be worthless, the forumites are mostly trolls, idiots, thread 100 time repeaters, and for some reason think the place is elite.

Oddly enough they were the only "mainstream" outlet I know of that has any sort of interest in WRPGs beyond Bioware. They published a really excellent and thorough post-mortem of Troika that I remember well. I guess the fact that they feature essays as well as reviews is fairly unusual.

As for the forum, it doesn't really mean much as there isn't a gaming forum on the internet whose population isn't dumb as **** at least 60% of the time. Even before Halo and the "alpha gamer" trend it's been like this.

As for the forum, it doesn't really mean much as there isn't a gaming forum on the internet whose population isn't dumb as **** at least 60% of the time. Even before Halo and the "alpha gamer" trend it's been like this.
From what I've read, the escapists turn the whole stupidity up to eleven.

You guys need to visit the Wc3 modding forum I go to. You haven't seen stupid.

It can be entertaining.

Getting a laugh out of stupid people, maybe.

Getting a laugh out of stupid people, maybe.

The most I get is a deep depression as I realize that that's what most people are like.

Sitting alone on a cliff and laughing at stupid people stops being fun when you realize that you have to live with those people and the choices they make(democracy 'n all).

Edited by Purkake

I find myself agreeing more and more with Purkake.

... is that a good thing?